Am I the only one who hate neutral eyeshadows?

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if I hate them, but I find them very dull and boring. I mean, of all the colors out there, why go for neutral? It kinda defeats the purpose of eyeshadow and other colors. I mean, what's so great about beige, browns and taupes? Makeup is suppose to be fun, bright, funky, not invincible. I see women spawn over neutral browns and golds.....I mean it's so dull, why not go for lime green, hot pink, neon purples or something?

Re: Am I the only one who hate neutral eyeshadows?

(0) Hearts

i hate neutrals too.  i used to model and so often photographers would request natural makeup.  i don't think i look good in natural makeup, i don't know why they would think that, my portfolio certainly didn't show natural makeup.  my favorite eyeshadow palettes are the sugarpill ones.  i was hesitant at first but they are awesome, great quality and even the lime green is totally wearable :smileyhappy:

Probably not! But I love them!

I love neutral eye shadows because I like bold lip colors, and wearing both at once is not office appropriate (unless you work at Drag Queens Unlimited or something, haha). :smileyhappy:

I do like neutral eyeshadows a lot.  They are definitely what Im more comfortable with applying and it is more appropriate at work for me to wear a neutral shadow than a bright.  I do use the neutrals as a pair up with another brighter color though, and Im getting more comfortable with applying brights that way.  

Lately Ive been watching more youtube tutorials and trying to use just colors as a work shadow, or a smokey eye for going out.  Im definitely jealous when I go into Sephora and the makeup artist has on funky, wow makeup.  I know that even if I could do my makeup that way and have it look good, Id still not feel comfortable wearing it.  Lime green is not my color ;-)

I love neutral colors and brights.  However, I work in a field that is very conservative and you are judged both by your clients and your business associates by how polish and serious you look that wearing bold colors at work is out of the question.  I think that I've only worn red lipstick twice in my five years of working.  I do love how you can create depth to your eyes with neutrals without looking too made-up.  Since I can't wear fun colors during the work week, I indulge in pops of brights on the weekends!

[ Edited ]

Defiantly a personal preference. I personally love both neutral and color. I'm not afraid to wear color... hey life's too short to hold back. 

I work with color but always make sure it's done great. So not clashing with other colors on my face or outfit. Make it noticeable but not like crazy to the point where people are like what the heck did she just do.

I really enjoy doing purple or blue smokey eyes. Once in a while i'll use green eyeshadow... or sometimes if i want to go with a neutral look i will add a pencil liner that is teal with bronze eyeshadow.

I think it's a personal preference I don't think I would want to walk into my office to speak to a room full of doctors and have on lime green eye shawdow. It may be different if it's a big occasion or some event that was wild and crazy fun but if it's everyday business hours you might be getting some strange looks.