Answer
littlemiss89
All Things MAC Cosmetics

Hey there EVERYONE,

I am wondering whats the HYPE about MAC cosmetices. I am the one of the few that has never tired MAC but always wanted to. My only concern is that with all the positive feed back about his brand I have also heard negative feed back such as it causing them to break out. :smileysurprised:  Not something I want since I do have slight sensitive skin an prone to acne.

Can someone please give a little more information about there products such as eye shadow, foundation,primers,blushes, EVERYTHING!! THANKS :smileyhappy:

p.s. its funny how once you no your shade in MAC cosmetics ppl can suggest your shade in other brands. WHY is that. Plus Sephora doesnt even carry MAC...hmmmm...strange. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
wahine25
Answered

Okay, being someone that has tried different MAC products several times. Here is my .02. All of their foundations and anything that goes over a large portion of the skin are very very likely to break you out. MAC was originally created to be theater makeup. It is extremely long wearing and covers very well. If you ever want to see what I mean, go into a MAC store and look closely at most of the women working there. Usually they all have horribly broken out skin. Now, that is not to say that it doesn't have its place. I agree with the person that said it is really good for a special occasion. It makes your skin look awesome and flawless. Their eyeshadows are very good and are affordable (around $16 per one) but from my personal experience, to get color payoff you must use a good primer. Another reason they compare colors to MAC is because MAC carries A LOT of shades. Basically, they guarantee a match to your skin color no matter what color you are. Their eyeshadow selection has every shade there is.

My recommendation is seriously to consider going with Makeup Forever for at least their foundation and concealer selections. They have a lot of them and they are not known to break people out. I have never had a problem (I am very acne prone) and they are just as long lasting as MAC if not more.

Hope this helps....

Question Stats
  • 30 answers
  • 31 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • macuser
    • emmaclaire