Answer
littlemiss89
All Things MAC Cosmetics

Hey there EVERYONE,

I am wondering whats the HYPE about MAC cosmetices. I am the one of the few that has never tired MAC but always wanted to. My only concern is that with all the positive feed back about his brand I have also heard negative feed back such as it causing them to break out. :smileysurprised:  Not something I want since I do have slight sensitive skin an prone to acne.

Can someone please give a little more information about there products such as eye shadow, foundation,primers,blushes, EVERYTHING!! THANKS :smileyhappy:

p.s. its funny how once you no your shade in MAC cosmetics ppl can suggest your shade in other brands. WHY is that. Plus Sephora doesnt even carry MAC...hmmmm...strange. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
islandqt
Answered

MAC prefers to be a stand-alone brand and their line is so extensive it wouldn't make sense to be in Sephora. They would take up way too much space.

I love MAC. I have been using their make-up for years and have never had a problem. I have combo-oily skin and love their Studio Fix powder foundation, Studio Tech foundation (this one is oh so lovely), Pro Longwear foundation. I love their studio-fix concealer with SPF 35 so it protects my under-eye area from the sun.

Their blushes are very nice and buildable, not as pigmented as other brands like NARS or CARGO but this is better for someone who is starting out with makeup.

I would skip their primer unless you have dry skin then I would recommend their Strobe cream.

Some MAC shadows are misses but most are hits. Any of their neutral or contouring shades are definitely worth the money. However, in terms of brighter colours I would say other brands like Makeup Forever, Inglot and Urban Decay prob do those better.

I actually like their mascaras a lot. One of my favorites being zoom lash.

Their eyeliners and lipliners are really great and last a pretty long time.

Their brushes are some of the best you can get on the open market IMO. Especially their 217, 239, 158.

I hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 30 answers
  • 31 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • macuser
    • emmaclaire