Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

All Things Dior

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see a Dior Thread?!

Holiday 2016 - Now available online at Neiman Marcus and from Dior Direct (thanks @purly and @veronika23!):

original (5).png

original (1).png

original (2).png

NMC265G_11_m.jpg

NMC265N_mu.jpg

Spring 2017 Preview (thank you @TriesToBoClassy & @KMariel!)

original (4).png

original (11).jpg

New book out now (thank you @lipstick4soul😞

medium.jpg

History of Dior makeup in context of art and fashion. 12 chapters each featuring a different color, with campaign photography and design from legends like guy bourdin and serge lutens.

Re: All Things Dior

A few swatches of the new products

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 8.09.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 8.09.46 AM.png

The new liquid lipsticks are up on the Dior site!Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 1.52.58 PM.png

I just ordered three of the matte colors: Savage, 999, and Black. I'll post swatches once I get them. I really hope these ones are actually matte!

RE: Re: All Things Dior

They arrived mid-day today and I painted several swatches on my arm. The swatches never really dried down matte as expected from a matte liquid lipstick. At any point I could place my finger on one and there would be color transfer. It's now night time and this is all that remains of those swatches. Tomorrow I'll try wearing them on my lips.

RE: Re: All Things Dior

I've been wearing 999 matte for several hours. It has not dried down matte. Around the corners of my mouth I have had to touch it up several times because it bleeds. These feel similar to the original Too Faced melted lipsticks. Sort of powdery and never fully dry. I think you really need a good lip liner with these.

Apparently Miss Dior has been reformulated

http://www.sephora.com/the-new-miss-dior-eau-de-parfum-P421729?skuId=1962026&icid2=products%20grid:p...

“The New Miss Dior Eau de Parfum is reinvented to be more sensual, more alive and more spirited, for a Miss Dior who is dynamic and lives for love!”

http://www.sephora.com/contentimages/productpages/pdfs2017/MissDior_NewEDP_Boards2017_Details_0725.p...

BritishBeautyBlogger did an interesting post today about the new version. I think she mentioned it had more rose?

Curious about this one because it seems very unusual to me to have a reformulation so prominently promoted. Usually it seems like they try and keep it a secret because they are using cheaper ingredients, LOL.

RE: All Things Dior

I feel like DIor's polishes are the best.  With no base coat or top coat they last on me a solid 6-8 days with no chips. But I am curious about whether any of you use their base or top coats? Thoughts? 

Also curious if anyone has tried their new full coverage concealer? I tend not to believe that it's REALLY full coverage. LIke KVD full coverage. 

Last... I tried the new addict lip stains. Love the colors and the texture and the feel, but I was so disappointed in their longevity. Lasts me maybe 2 hours without any food or drink. Maybe I talk to much? lol.  So the stain is all that remains and it looks more like I have lip issues... Like they are bruised or recovering from some illness. I tried using lip balm before, or after, but doing so changed the texture so much that all the positive qualities about the product became null. My sales person at the Dior counter near me said many were getting returned. 

@hadtotryit I've used the Dior gel top coat on and off for a long time. It makes the nails look really pretty, shiny and cushiony ( if that makes sense). I don't usually have issues with nails chipping, so I can't speak to extended wear time. But the Dior top coat doesn't shrink away from the nail tip (hello, Seche Vite) or crackle the polish underneath it (looking at you, Nails Inc Gel Effect top coat). It's a really good option for a gel-look manicure. On me though, I find it takes a while to dry down completely. Also, it needs some thinner partway through the bottle.. It gets thick.

Hello!! Thank you for your detailed reply. I think I'll have to try it. I am so rough with my hands... Always banging my rings, accidentally hitting my window in my car, accidentally scratching my kids, etc. And I really don't talk with my hands. I guess I have no sense of the space around me. 😜

IMG_3074.PNG

Can't remember the last time I wore a bright red like this, but it makes puts me in that summer mood

IMG_7117[1].JPG

Close up:

Spoiler
IMG_7116[1].JPG 

I just picked up the Dior lip tattoo in Natural Cherry at the VIB Rouge event this morning - it is absolutely gorgeous!  It's super light weight, but pigmented, so it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my lips.  It also smells (minty-vanilla, like many dior lip products, but this is better somehow?) and tastes good, which is saying a lot for a lip stain in my experience!   (Oh, and the packaging looks and feels gorgeous.)

I switched four of the five colors in store today (and totally forgot to take a photo, sorry!), but here is the one I ended up getting.  I found that the other colors were much browner than I was expecting (especially natural berry, surprisingly).

Here is a swatch in natural light:

dior swatch

... and here is the stain it leaves when washed off.

dior stain

@Milou07wow this is super pretty! Putting this on my wishlist 🙂

I'm glad you mentioned the colours coming off brown, berry and cherry were the two I was trying to pick between.  I was worried cherry would be too red, when I prefer more berry or pink tones, but I think cherry is just raspberry enough looking at your swatch. Love a good stain!

Tati from GlamLifeGuru on YouTube used the new Dior Forever Cushion (not yet available in the States) and it looks amazing. Not a huge fan of cushion compacts but this looks like it might be worth a try.

Have you heard anything about Dior bringing back some sort of loyalty program? I miss the Dior Diva! 

Thanks! 

Dior in Japan released color 008 of the lip maximizer online and in stores as a limited summer release. 🙂Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 10.53.52 .png

Ooh I want that!

How are people getting their hands on the stuff released in Japan?

I live in Japan 3-6 months out of the year, so I either buy it while I am here or send it to my JP address when I am in the US.

testing