Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

All Things Dior

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see a Dior Thread?!

Holiday 2016 - Now available online at Neiman Marcus and from Dior Direct (thanks @purly and @veronika23!):

original (5).png

original (1).png

original (2).png

NMC265G_11_m.jpg

NMC265N_mu.jpg

Spring 2017 Preview (thank you @TriesToBoClassy & @KMariel!)

original (4).png

original (11).jpg

New book out now (thank you @lipstick4soul😞

medium.jpg

History of Dior makeup in context of art and fashion. 12 chapters each featuring a different color, with campaign photography and design from legends like guy bourdin and serge lutens.

Re: All Things Dior

@hadtotryit I've used the Dior gel top coat on and off for a long time. It makes the nails look really pretty, shiny and cushiony ( if that makes sense). I don't usually have issues with nails chipping, so I can't speak to extended wear time. But the Dior top coat doesn't shrink away from the nail tip (hello, Seche Vite) or crackle the polish underneath it (looking at you, Nails Inc Gel Effect top coat). It's a really good option for a gel-look manicure. On me though, I find it takes a while to dry down completely. Also, it needs some thinner partway through the bottle.. It gets thick.

Hello!! Thank you for your detailed reply. I think I'll have to try it. I am so rough with my hands... Always banging my rings, accidentally hitting my window in my car, accidentally scratching my kids, etc. And I really don't talk with my hands. I guess I have no sense of the space around me. 😜

IMG_3074.PNG

Can't remember the last time I wore a bright red like this, but it makes puts me in that summer mood

IMG_7117[1].JPG

Close up:

Spoiler
IMG_7116[1].JPG 

I just picked up the Dior lip tattoo in Natural Cherry at the VIB Rouge event this morning - it is absolutely gorgeous!  It's super light weight, but pigmented, so it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my lips.  It also smells (minty-vanilla, like many dior lip products, but this is better somehow?) and tastes good, which is saying a lot for a lip stain in my experience!   (Oh, and the packaging looks and feels gorgeous.)

I switched four of the five colors in store today (and totally forgot to take a photo, sorry!), but here is the one I ended up getting.  I found that the other colors were much browner than I was expecting (especially natural berry, surprisingly).

Here is a swatch in natural light:

dior swatch

... and here is the stain it leaves when washed off.

dior stain

@Milou07wow this is super pretty! Putting this on my wishlist 🙂

I'm glad you mentioned the colours coming off brown, berry and cherry were the two I was trying to pick between.  I was worried cherry would be too red, when I prefer more berry or pink tones, but I think cherry is just raspberry enough looking at your swatch. Love a good stain!

Tati from GlamLifeGuru on YouTube used the new Dior Forever Cushion (not yet available in the States) and it looks amazing. Not a huge fan of cushion compacts but this looks like it might be worth a try.

Have you heard anything about Dior bringing back some sort of loyalty program? I miss the Dior Diva! 

Thanks! 

Dior in Japan released color 008 of the lip maximizer online and in stores as a limited summer release. 🙂Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 10.53.52 .png

Ooh I want that!

How are people getting their hands on the stuff released in Japan?

I live in Japan 3-6 months out of the year, so I either buy it while I am here or send it to my JP address when I am in the US.

diorcolorcontour.png

From Instagram: looks like new colors of the shadow/liner crayons they had last year. 

diorliptattoo.png

New lip product. Sounds a bit like a liquid lipstick. Hard to say without trying it out.

I wonder if this is Dior's answer to Armani Lip Magnet, or if it's really just a "tint".

@twopinktips on Instagram has some swatches up. From her comments, it seems they're more of a typical stain product that are shiny at first and then leave a stain when the shine wears off.

Aww. I've been waiting what feels like ages for Dior to do a proper liquid lipstick. 

Also, an oddity: Neimans is selling this for $6 more than everyone else for no discernible reason. 

Anonymous Insider

Has anyone seen the Dior spring collection in Canada? I've looked at the Bay, Shoppers, and Nordstrom, but none of them have it :S I'm specifically looking for the highlighter and blush.

Wanted to share this article that was on Allure's newsletter this morning:

dior.JPG

Spoiler
I've seen mascaras that bend, mascaras that vibrate, and mascaras that morph from one wand to another with the twist of the cap. But today, Dior just debuted a new mascara that squeezes backstage at Christian Dior's fall 2017 runway show, and the reason it squeezes may not be what you initially thought.

Anyone who's ever owned a tube of mascara knows the deal. You find one you love, you use it every day, and then after a couple months, the formula that was once glossy and flexible turns stiff and clumpy and you have to throw it, knowing there's plenty of mascara still left at the bottom of the tube. It's infuriating, and it happens to professional makeup artists, too. "When this happened to my mother, she'd put her tube of mascara in a cup of warm water to loosen it up, which is something I still do today," said makeup artist and Dior Makeup's creative director, Peter Philips, backstage at the show. "It's similar to what I have to do on long photoshoots when the model's lashes start to droop, I'll use my heated eyelash curler from Japan to make the mascara on her lashes moist again, allowing me to add more on top."

And it was this exact beauty troubleshooting that set off the proverbial lightbulb in Philips' head. How could you add very low heat to a mascara tube to keep the formula moister for longer? The answer, a soft-touch, squeezable tube. The top of Dior's new Pump 'N' Volume Mascara is like any other mascara you own with a twist-off, plastic cap. But the bottom half of the tube features two rubbery indents that you can squeeze between your fingers. "That way, it uses your own body heat to warm up the mascara," explained Philips. It's actually really fun, and may make you think of that scene with Dori in Finding Nemo ("I shall call you squishy, and you will be my squishy"..alright, maybe that's just me).

As for the actual formula of Dior's new mascara, it's pretty awesome as well. "One coat and you get very full lashes," said Philips. "Multiple coats of it and it looks like you're wearing false lashes." For the show, Philips only used a tiniest bit of the Pump 'N' Volume Mascara , painting it on just the center lashes, top and bottom, and then smudging the pigment along lash line with an cotton bud or angled liner brush to make it look like the model had maybe worn her makeup to bed the night before (albeit in a very beautiful, sophisticated, Dior sort of way—this is definitely not how I look after a night of sleeping in my mascara).

dior1.JPG

Dior's new Pump 'N' Volume Mascara will be available on Sephora.com for a one day "flash sale" on April 2nd and will launch officially at Sephora on April 15th.

So it's just the normal diorshow formula in different packaging? Personally I have to toss it long before I come close to running out simply because it expires three months from opening. I can see how this might be handy to makeup artists though.

1 Reply
testing