Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

All Things Dior

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see a Dior Thread?!

Holiday 2016 - Now available online at Neiman Marcus and from Dior Direct (thanks @purly and @veronika23!):

original (5).png

original (1).png

original (2).png

NMC265G_11_m.jpg

NMC265N_mu.jpg

Spring 2017 Preview (thank you @TriesToBoClassy & @KMariel!)

original (4).png

original (11).jpg

New book out now (thank you @lipstick4soul😞

medium.jpg

History of Dior makeup in context of art and fashion. 12 chapters each featuring a different color, with campaign photography and design from legends like guy bourdin and serge lutens.

Re: All Things Dior

Wow!  This sounds really interesting!  I am really curious to see how it works in real life.  😊

Did anyone ever see that coral quad on their counters? I can't find it and I am not sure if I missed it or it is not out yet.

Unfortunately its a Dior.com exclusive. Dior never released the spring collection here in the States. I only saw the coral and blue palettes on Dior.com.

Oh that is too bad 😞

Thanks!

Has anyone heard of any updates about the nail polishes from the Dior Color Gradation collection? Are they ever going to show up in department stores? They were released on the Dior website, but not anywhere else, and of course, they're sold out now. 😞

Ugh, I really hope I didn't miss out on these. 

Also, does anyone know if the website Beauty The Shop is legit?

Unfortunately, both are now OOS on that website. Looks like I'm not going to be able to get these.

And the only eBay listing for these is a sketchy one from Hong Kong. 😞

Ugh, I am so sick of these "limited release" collections! Seriously, why can't these brands just release stuff normally?! It is so infuriating. UHG! Dammit, Dior!

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Now I wish I would have replied to you sooner. I was a little worried about the site myself so I didn't want to refer you until I knew it was legit.

@lmi82 I was in the same boat as you wanting early and checking websites daily. I ended up ordering the early nail polish from that site and received it this morning. It shipped from Spain on fedex. I ordered it last Friday or Saturday, it shipped wednesday, and I received it this morning. Shipping was only $5 or $6 too! I'm happy. Hope you find what you're looking for!

I've never heard of the Beauty Shop. Usually you have to buy the new LE Dior spring collections in early Feb before it sells out (which is pretty fast), but sometimes they show up in the physical department stores after they're totally sold out online. I've also had some luck finding them in duty free shops in airports after they're totally sold out everywhere else. In my experience, sephora never seems to carry the full line.

I would check your local physical department stores. Good luck!

Some new Dior posted on bubblymichelles IG. Check out that Bloom powder 🙂

IMG_1295.JPG

I think this collection is usually an Asia exclusive?

Another look at lip lacquers - March/April

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.18.58 AM.png

Dior Addict Lacquer Stick - I read March but not 100% sure

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.30.01 AM.png

For all of those that, like me, don't look so well in plum colored blush and had to skip the Burberry's Silk and Bloom LE blush, there is an alternative. Dior's Label Blush Palette (Nordstrom Exclusive) also has a beautiful sheen, mixing blush with highlighter properties. For those who don't remember it was a Nordstrom Anniversary special and it's now back in stock. I just got the pink and now I have to convince myself that I don't need the bronze 🙂

Dior Label Palette.png

Edit: As Zpsid91 mentioned, the Anniversary version was shade #004, now OOS. Shades 001 and 002 seem to be more pastel than the original 004

It's not as pigmented as B's Silk and bloom, but it has the same kind of effect.

I decided to take a swatch pic (never mind the horrible lighting) just to show it side by side with Glowing Gardens pink.

With flash:

Dior Label 001 vs GG

without flash:

Dior Label vs GG.jpg

I believe that is 001, the Nordstrom Anniversary blush was 004 🙂 They are very similar, but different enough to justify them both for me - hahaha, but I like to collect Dior blushes!

@Zpsid91 I googled the 004 and it seems like a "more vibrant" version of the 001. Does it also have the same sheen or is it more of a 'normal blush'?

The lighter pink in the background has some shimmer, but I find it wearable. Not chunky at all. I think maybe similar to some of the shimmery Nars blushes?

I found the sheen on 001 to be close to the one in Glowing Gardens (just a bit less obvious). Metallic, but not glittery. I'll try to do a side by side swatch tomorrow in daylight.

@meganlisa, have you got any of those shades?

@DaintyDiva I have the glowing gardens but skipped the blushes.  I did go a little nuts on the YSL site today (spring eyeshadow, chinese new year blush, the new blush duo stick and those lip balms that released).  So once those arrive I'm happy to provide swatches.  No $$$ left for Dior.

I'd love to see Dior swatches from anyone who gets them!!!

@meganlisa lol 😄 I'm waiting to see your review on the YSL haul. I have a humble YSL shopping list myself, just waiting to see if a good GWP shows somewhere. 

testing