Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

All Things Dior

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see a Dior Thread?!

Holiday 2016 - Now available online at Neiman Marcus and from Dior Direct (thanks @purly and @veronika23!):

original (5).png

original (1).png

original (2).png

NMC265G_11_m.jpg

NMC265N_mu.jpg

Spring 2017 Preview (thank you @TriesToBoClassy & @KMariel!)

original (4).png

original (11).jpg

New book out now (thank you @lipstick4soul😞

medium.jpg

History of Dior makeup in context of art and fashion. 12 chapters each featuring a different color, with campaign photography and design from legends like guy bourdin and serge lutens.

Re: All Things Dior

diorcolorcontour.png

From Instagram: looks like new colors of the shadow/liner crayons they had last year. 

diorliptattoo.png

New lip product. Sounds a bit like a liquid lipstick. Hard to say without trying it out.

I wonder if this is Dior's answer to Armani Lip Magnet, or if it's really just a "tint".

@twopinktips on Instagram has some swatches up. From her comments, it seems they're more of a typical stain product that are shiny at first and then leave a stain when the shine wears off.

Aww. I've been waiting what feels like ages for Dior to do a proper liquid lipstick. 

Also, an oddity: Neimans is selling this for $6 more than everyone else for no discernible reason. 

Anonymous Insider

Has anyone seen the Dior spring collection in Canada? I've looked at the Bay, Shoppers, and Nordstrom, but none of them have it :S I'm specifically looking for the highlighter and blush.

Wanted to share this article that was on Allure's newsletter this morning:

dior.JPG

Spoiler
I've seen mascaras that bend, mascaras that vibrate, and mascaras that morph from one wand to another with the twist of the cap. But today, Dior just debuted a new mascara that squeezes backstage at Christian Dior's fall 2017 runway show, and the reason it squeezes may not be what you initially thought.

Anyone who's ever owned a tube of mascara knows the deal. You find one you love, you use it every day, and then after a couple months, the formula that was once glossy and flexible turns stiff and clumpy and you have to throw it, knowing there's plenty of mascara still left at the bottom of the tube. It's infuriating, and it happens to professional makeup artists, too. "When this happened to my mother, she'd put her tube of mascara in a cup of warm water to loosen it up, which is something I still do today," said makeup artist and Dior Makeup's creative director, Peter Philips, backstage at the show. "It's similar to what I have to do on long photoshoots when the model's lashes start to droop, I'll use my heated eyelash curler from Japan to make the mascara on her lashes moist again, allowing me to add more on top."

And it was this exact beauty troubleshooting that set off the proverbial lightbulb in Philips' head. How could you add very low heat to a mascara tube to keep the formula moister for longer? The answer, a soft-touch, squeezable tube. The top of Dior's new Pump 'N' Volume Mascara is like any other mascara you own with a twist-off, plastic cap. But the bottom half of the tube features two rubbery indents that you can squeeze between your fingers. "That way, it uses your own body heat to warm up the mascara," explained Philips. It's actually really fun, and may make you think of that scene with Dori in Finding Nemo ("I shall call you squishy, and you will be my squishy"..alright, maybe that's just me).

As for the actual formula of Dior's new mascara, it's pretty awesome as well. "One coat and you get very full lashes," said Philips. "Multiple coats of it and it looks like you're wearing false lashes." For the show, Philips only used a tiniest bit of the Pump 'N' Volume Mascara , painting it on just the center lashes, top and bottom, and then smudging the pigment along lash line with an cotton bud or angled liner brush to make it look like the model had maybe worn her makeup to bed the night before (albeit in a very beautiful, sophisticated, Dior sort of way—this is definitely not how I look after a night of sleeping in my mascara).

dior1.JPG

Dior's new Pump 'N' Volume Mascara will be available on Sephora.com for a one day "flash sale" on April 2nd and will launch officially at Sephora on April 15th.

So it's just the normal diorshow formula in different packaging? Personally I have to toss it long before I come close to running out simply because it expires three months from opening. I can see how this might be handy to makeup artists though.

Wow!  This sounds really interesting!  I am really curious to see how it works in real life.  😊

Did anyone ever see that coral quad on their counters? I can't find it and I am not sure if I missed it or it is not out yet.

Unfortunately its a Dior.com exclusive. Dior never released the spring collection here in the States. I only saw the coral and blue palettes on Dior.com.

Oh that is too bad 😞

Thanks!

Has anyone heard of any updates about the nail polishes from the Dior Color Gradation collection? Are they ever going to show up in department stores? They were released on the Dior website, but not anywhere else, and of course, they're sold out now. 😞

Ugh, I really hope I didn't miss out on these. 

Also, does anyone know if the website Beauty The Shop is legit?

Unfortunately, both are now OOS on that website. Looks like I'm not going to be able to get these.

And the only eBay listing for these is a sketchy one from Hong Kong. 😞

Ugh, I am so sick of these "limited release" collections! Seriously, why can't these brands just release stuff normally?! It is so infuriating. UHG! Dammit, Dior!

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Now I wish I would have replied to you sooner. I was a little worried about the site myself so I didn't want to refer you until I knew it was legit.

@lmi82 I was in the same boat as you wanting early and checking websites daily. I ended up ordering the early nail polish from that site and received it this morning. It shipped from Spain on fedex. I ordered it last Friday or Saturday, it shipped wednesday, and I received it this morning. Shipping was only $5 or $6 too! I'm happy. Hope you find what you're looking for!

I've never heard of the Beauty Shop. Usually you have to buy the new LE Dior spring collections in early Feb before it sells out (which is pretty fast), but sometimes they show up in the physical department stores after they're totally sold out online. I've also had some luck finding them in duty free shops in airports after they're totally sold out everywhere else. In my experience, sephora never seems to carry the full line.

I would check your local physical department stores. Good luck!

Some new Dior posted on bubblymichelles IG. Check out that Bloom powder 🙂

IMG_1295.JPG

I think this collection is usually an Asia exclusive?

Another look at lip lacquers - March/April

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.18.58 AM.png

Dior Addict Lacquer Stick - I read March but not 100% sure

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.30.01 AM.png

testing