Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

All Things Dior

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see a Dior Thread?!

Holiday 2016 - Now available online at Neiman Marcus and from Dior Direct (thanks @purly and @veronika23!):

original (5).png

original (1).png

original (2).png

NMC265G_11_m.jpg

NMC265N_mu.jpg

Spring 2017 Preview (thank you @TriesToBoClassy & @KMariel!)

original (4).png

original (11).jpg

New book out now (thank you @lipstick4soul😞

medium.jpg

History of Dior makeup in context of art and fashion. 12 chapters each featuring a different color, with campaign photography and design from legends like guy bourdin and serge lutens.

Re: All Things Dior

@Zpsid91 I googled the 004 and it seems like a "more vibrant" version of the 001. Does it also have the same sheen or is it more of a 'normal blush'?

The lighter pink in the background has some shimmer, but I find it wearable. Not chunky at all. I think maybe similar to some of the shimmery Nars blushes?

I found the sheen on 001 to be close to the one in Glowing Gardens (just a bit less obvious). Metallic, but not glittery. I'll try to do a side by side swatch tomorrow in daylight.

@meganlisa, have you got any of those shades?

@DaintyDiva I have the glowing gardens but skipped the blushes.  I did go a little nuts on the YSL site today (spring eyeshadow, chinese new year blush, the new blush duo stick and those lip balms that released).  So once those arrive I'm happy to provide swatches.  No $$$ left for Dior.

I'd love to see Dior swatches from anyone who gets them!!!

@meganlisa lol 😄 I'm waiting to see your review on the YSL haul. I have a humble YSL shopping list myself, just waiting to see if a good GWP shows somewhere. 

@DaintyDiva I haven't seen one.  Bergdorfs has one that keeps showing up and disappearing (and I think not shipping).  I totally understand you.  At the price point those gifts are so important!

I'll tag you when I post swatches/reviews.  YSL just got me.

meganlisa Thanks for tip, I'll check Begdorfs 🙂

edit: oops, just noticed the "not shipping" part. Thank you for letting me know!

@DaintyDiva pretty in the swatch!  If I see a gift, I'll let you know!

Does anyone know when the spring collection will launch at department stores? I wanna see that coral shadow palette in person.

Hi everyone!  I don't really comment on this thread, but I like to follow it because I really like Dior products.  I have a question about a Dior product, so I figured this was a good place to start. 😃

So, I currently use the Dior Diorskin nude concealer; however, back in September or so, I found out that they were discontinuing it.  I was able to get one last tube of it, but since then, I have been on the hunt for either some secret stash of them on the internet or something similar to replace it once I am finished with my tube. 

I have looked all over the internet trying to find somewhere that might still be selling the concealer, but I haven't been able to find anything.  Is there any place that I should look that sells the rest of a discontinued item?  If not, then does anyone know of a concealer that is very similar to it?  I really like this concealer because it is the only thing I have found so far that doesn't accentuate the lines that i have under my eyes.  If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it! 😃

@Jjlm1991 I had no idea they were discontinuing it. I don't know of a place that sells discontinued items but I have this concealer and can recommend one that I like even better: The Givenchy Teint Couture Embellishing Concealer. It's my favorite 😉

P.S. you can always try searching online every now and then, to see if it shows in stock at some store. It's not uncommon to find things coming back in stock for a short while after they have been discontinued. 

http://www.sephora.com/teint-couture-embellishing-concealer-P397881?skuId=1726389&icid2=products%20g...

Thank you so much @DaintyDiva! I will definitely check out this concealer 😃

does any one has a swatch  (lip swatch ) of the Berry lip glow by any chance?

@lovelykatya Pony uses it in her video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c78mv_Etet8 around 8:30 

@sysysysysy thank you 🙂

Unsolicited swatches of the Dior Nude Air Luminizer in 002 versus Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Quartz. I hadn't seen anyone comparing these two, but before buying the Dior I wondered how similar it would be to Becca. There's a bigger difference between them than I was expecting.

diorvsbecca.jpg

Left: Dior, Right: Becca

Thank you! This is very helpful!

The spring line is out on Dior's site!

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 1.20.06 PM.png

Found swatches of the nail polishes on ReallyRee.

304 Maybe:

dior-nails-spring-2017-swatch-maybe-650x434.jpg

505 Early:

dior-nails-spring-2017-swatch-early-650x434.jpg

800 Now:

dior-nails-spring-2017-swatch-now-650x434.jpg

873 Sudden:

dior-nails-spring-2017-swatch-sudden-650x434.jpg

@veronika23 Again with the lip powder trend like TF. New old trend! Has anyone heard what they are like? I'm curious. Back in the day they were tricky! 🤔

I remember powder lips!  For Dior it is all about doing a gradient Korean lip. Darker inside the lip and lighter outside. 

It only took  them a few years to come mainstream. lol

1 Reply
testing