Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

All Things Dior

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see a Dior Thread?!

Holiday 2016 - Now available online at Neiman Marcus and from Dior Direct (thanks @purly and @veronika23!):

original (5).png

original (1).png

original (2).png

NMC265G_11_m.jpg

NMC265N_mu.jpg

Spring 2017 Preview (thank you @TriesToBoClassy & @KMariel!)

original (4).png

original (11).jpg

New book out now (thank you @lipstick4soul😞

medium.jpg

History of Dior makeup in context of art and fashion. 12 chapters each featuring a different color, with campaign photography and design from legends like guy bourdin and serge lutens.

Re: All Things Dior

So I thought Temptalia posted Sephora was supposed to get this collection when / will they be getting the precious embroidery palette. 

I had read that the US will be getting the palettes in October, and it will be available internationally in late-October/early-November.

I have seen the palettes available online at Saks and Neiman Marcus (both US stores). No idea about Sephora though.

Swatches from Temptalia of the Precious Embroidery Smoky Sequins palette. Overall she gave it a B+.

Spoiler
upload_4447465900232004635.jpg

upload_2139095963601629020.jpg

upload_2086004901143669357.jpg

upload_6645422993209263120.jpg

upload_9080250304007106567.jpg

My Nordstrom was putting out the new Dior holiday collection today. I managed to have enough willpower to walk away with only the Diorific Vernis in 899 Cosmic. The nail polish is so pretty with a very subtle shimmer that's only noticeable in certain lighting!

IMG_5509.JPG

Gorgeous colour, and I absolutely love that bottle. 

I love this color!

Here are some unsolicited swatches of some of the Dior holiday items. From top of the wrist down is the Diorrific Matte Lipsticks in Gold, Charm, Splendor, Fascination, Ravissement, and the Dior Fusion Mono crew shadow in Infinity.IMG_0455.JPG

Delayed response from me lol but thank you @Kelizabethr07! I love the look of Fascination and the eyeshadow!

All beautiful!  Now I'm wanting some Dior (even more)!!!

Yes, thank you! Beautiful!

Thank you 🙂 I have had charm in my cart but hadn't seen any swatches of it yet... well I just ordered it after seeing this because it looks gorgeous! Enjoy your new pretties!

I love charm! It's a mid-tone pink that isn't cool so it is a bit unusual. I have read that it is a warm corally pink but I think it is neutral to warm and not really coral. 

@spiderlashes I'm glad these swatches helped! I thought every one of these pieces were beautiful and worth picking up. I didn't buy everything, but I did purchase the gold lipstick and the Infinity cream shadow. I'm seriously considering some of the other lipsticks too. I hope you love Charm! (BTW I love your BT name 🙂 )

IMG_0434.JPG

I just wanted to post a comparison photo of the new red holiday lipsticks to some other Dior red lipsticks.

Left to right: Fabuleuse (holiday 2015), Splendor (holiday 2016), 999, Luxury, and 999 gloss.

If you have last year's holiday red diorific mat, you don't need this year's. They are nearly identical. Last year's is maybe a teeensy bit more of a purple red than this year's, but both are cooler reds compared to 999. The liquid lipstick is also cooler. 

I also want to note for matte liquid lipstick fans: this liquid lipstick is not going to be what you might expect. It never quite dries. The only thing matte about it is the lack of glitter. The first time I applied it I thought it was a gloss, the second time it dried a little bit, so maybe you need to stir it a bit? I don't know. It's ok, but I'd stick with the Diorific Mat lipsticks (although those aren't very matte either).

I also picked up Diorific Mat in Charm and Golden, and all of the nail polishes. 

These are beautiful. I love the shades.

@purly Thanks so much for posting a pic of the reds for comparison! Dior does red so very well! Fabuleuse was/is beautiful... think I'm going to have to get Splendor too! Looks slightly less of a blue-red, but still not warm?

If it's not too much trouble, could you post pics of this year's polishes?! I'm trying to avoid buying all of them this year. Lol They're always so darn perfectly classic and beautiful though -not to mention Dior's nail polish formula is just about flawless.

I think the whole Splendor collection is stunning! Loving the promo photos a lot as well.

@Libellules I'm so glad that you started this thread -thank you! I absolutely adore (couldn't resist) Dior's beauty line and was thinking about starting a thread myself a few days before you did! Much needed! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post. But I digress, love the thread. Thanks a bunch for maintaining it! *hearts to you*

IMG_0436.JPG

It's so interesting to me that the higher end designers aren't deviating much from past years (if not flat out re-releasing items from the previous year). Thanks for the comparisons!

So true! A lot of high end designers re-use certain colors for certain seasons, on a schedule. Everything is expensive, but you can keep using it from year to year. It's that way with my bag and shoe collections.

I should show you the comparison of the holiday polishes from this year compared to prior. Dior likes to repeat a dark purple-almost-black, a golden, a red (and sometimes also a pink), and then a topper of something shiny like gold flake or glitter. Every year going back... years. Even the packaging is the same! The colors do vary a little though, so it makes it worth it for me to get the new ones sometimes.

I actually really appreciate the continuity because it lets me build up my collection. And I was running low on fabuleuse, so I'm glad to have splendor. That red is nearly my perfect red.

So I had a chance to wear the "matte" purple holiday lipstick. I personally like it, but its more like a creamy sheerer berry. It does dry down after a while, and doesn't work well with premoisturised then blotted off lips. I can't say anything about the other colors but I might just get the gold lipstick, nail polish, and highlighter and then be over the whole collection. 

Swatches from Temptalia of the Precious Embroidery (776) palette. They look beautiful and she gave them a pretty good rating. I think I'm going to have to buy this one! 🙂

Spoiler
upload_1012753282601605213.jpg
upload_3080449725190599552.jpg
upload_9016958965093201015.jpg
upload_7733846577852214247.jpg
upload_4133921974932403315.jpg

testing