Advice Requested - A serious professional look

BlushHoarder

Advice Requested - A serious professional look

Hello all, I am a college instructor and yield a deal of authority. However, I am very young looking. I also have a kind persona. This often (real or fabricated) causes me issues at work. I oftentimes feel like I am not taken seriously or am viewed as less as all of my coworkers have at least 15 years on me.

I realize that this issue is multifaceted and therefore not due to just one thing, but one thing I know I can do is work on my appearance.

Can you all share some techniques (make up, clothing, or otherwise) that you use or avoid when you are trying to convey a "take me seriously" look.

All thoughts are welcome!

BlushHoarder

Re: Advice Requested - A serious professional look

Great insights. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I will certainly continue to try to evolve my look.

lylysa

Re: Advice Requested - A serious professional look

(0) Hearts

My pleasure! :smileyhappy:

I could go on and on about the fashion side (another huge passion of mine aside from beauty). I find that places like New York & Company is a great place to start as they always have killer deals (the last sale I took advantage of was all pants were buy one get one free, and everything else minus the sale/clearance was buy one get one 40% off). Their prices aren't as high as a department store, but they definitely rank higher in overall professional/business casual than shops where youths and teens shop and frequent.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • lylysa
    • unblownkisses
    • ChicDabbler
    • LCResz
    • BlushHoarder