ADDICTION TO ONE MAKE UP TYPE COMES IN PHASES - ANYONE SHARE THIS ISSUE?

Which make up type are you addicted to right now? Lipstick, Gloss, Eye Shadow Palettes, Mascaras, Foundations, Blushers, tanners????????? Has the product you are obsessed by changed over time??????

In my twenties I was addicted to lipsticks and lip glosses. When new ranges would come in from brands like Dior, Lancome, YSL, Chanel, Sisleya, and Givenchy; I'd buy every pink that suited me, and even some that didn't because they looked so darn pretty.

When I relocated from the US to Asia, I had to throw away literally hundreds of lipsticks, and even today - I am now 43 - I have literally dozens of lipsticks and glosses left from that period; I can't throw them away in case I ever need them (which is hardly likely - lipstick isn't even meant to last that long, is it?) I've given a lot to my daughters over time, but we all have different color preferences and different skin colors ... and of course I never entirely stopped buying lipsticks/glosses; my current favorites are the Tom Ford Matte range - loving Crimson Noir, Casablanca, and Indian Rose especially.

In my thirties my focus shifted to eye shadow palettes, and again I bought more than I could possibly hope to ever use - like every new one from Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Givenchy, Nars, YSL etc. I was particularly into getting my hands on the limited edition ones, even if the colors did not appeal to me. I've given loads away to my children, even when they were young, as I figured they could use them for practice, but then another mother mentioned that most 8 year olds don't have a make up purse full of Dior Palettes. I explained I was done with them, so saw it as a way to recycle. I tried to laugh it off, but I wasted so many $$$$$$ it was crazy. And of course I never stopped buying the darn things entirely since I hit 40, I just try to think a lot more about what I might realistically use. Totally loving the UD Naked Palettes right now.

Now in my forties I'm obsessed with foundations. Thankfully I finally found one I love, along with a BB cream (Estee Lauder Double Wear), but when I was 40, 41, and 42, I was buying maybe 40 foundations a year in my desperate search for the HG ...

Now I found my HG Foundation, my focus has shifted to blushers ...

Re: ADDICTION TO ONE MAKE UP TYPE COMES IN PHASES - ANYONE SHARE THIS ISSUE?

(0) Hearts

In my teens I was obsessed with shadows - all of them , but especially my beloved MAC.

Then as I got older and started college I started getting into blushes/bronzers and of course can't forget nail polishes.

Foundations - are pretty easy for me to find and now that I have my HG I do not tend to go all out to find a perfect one.

Although my most recent obsession are lipsticks - from those perfect nudes (not the ones that wash you out and make  you look sick , but those perfect  pinkly beige nudes = your lips but better shades), to bright reds and darker berry fall shades

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to build the proper/perfect collection. I've only started wearing full on make up the past couple of years. Up until then it was only lipglosses and eyeshadows.  I got two colorful eyeshadow pallets this year and I think I'm set on those for awhile. I'll only buy eyeshadows if its colors that I don't have right now and if they are reasonably priced.

I'm currently trying to build up my lippy collection. I only started wearing lipstick consistently this year. I think I have found the perfect red. So now its trying to find some fun colors. I will get the bite set and the Give me more lip set. With those I think I will be set on lips.

I think I will only buy the new tarte blush set with the highlighter and then I'll be set with blushes. I'll have 4 and that will be more than enough for me.

I'm currently on the hunt for a good eyeshadow primer. I've narrowed it down to two that I'm going to get during the sale.

After this it will only be purchases to replace/replenish what I've used up.

(0) Hearts

When I was in my teens I was loved Hard Candy eye shadow. As I got older I started collecting Maybelline eye shadows. Now I collect Too Faced and Urban Decay eye shadows. It's always been shadows but my tastes have become more expensive.

(0) Hearts

I'm always buying lipsticks/glosses as its the one constant item I can never resist buying. Just ordered Tom Ford's matte Black Dahlia and cant wait to try it! 

Currently I'm in a mask/peel/exfoliator buying phase as I look for a holy grail routine. I already use Algenist products for moisturizers and eye creams but haven't found the perfect routine to slough away the dead skin and give me that glow I'm after. 

(0) Hearts

YES.  But I'm trying to make sure that when it comes to what I consider the basics (foundation, powder, highlighter, blush, etc.) I have only one or a couple of each thing.  I can't see me needing 20 different blushes when I know what colors look good on me.  DON'T TALK ME OUT OF THIS MINDSET. :smileytongue:

From 2011 to 2013 I was buying every freaking eyeshadow palette out there.  I got the UD eyeliner vault.  I was obsessed with eye color.  My number of lip products could fit in a small tray in my traincase.  Now I'm the opposite.  I am stash-happy with my eye products but I am buying up all the lip products.  With no end in sight, really. :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

the reality is i want ALL THE THINGS!!!

but i definitely go in phases...this year for example i've gone from eyeshadows to highlighters to skin care to eyeliner to blush to masks to lipsticks...which is where i currently am...who knows where i'll end up!!

O_O glitter glitter-eye-1024x730.jpg

[ Edited ]

sparklez are not a phase...its a lifestyle!!! :smileyhappy:

upload_4497358698047939660.gif

I think I spent my late teens and early 20s covered in glitter!

(0) Hearts

i loveee sparkles!!!

lol! my first sparkles were inside a pretty baton. 

(0) Hearts

I have rolling obsessions, too, but the cycle is much faster for me. It's like makeup ADD. Just in this past year I've gone through 4 distinct phases. During the first one, I had to buy all the eye creams. Luckily, I happened upon the Algenist Firm & Lift fairly early on, and it's the one of my dreams. The 100% Pure Coffee Bean is another I use religiously. Then it went blush, highlighters, and now I'm  in a lipstick phase. Reds, berries, and plums in particular. Who knows what'll be next. Now that I've gotten my crepey, wrinkly eye problem under control it may very well be sparkly eyeshadow. Time will tell.

I'm in a blush face currently.. :smileyfrustrated: and highlighting too. ah!! 

(0) Hearts

I'm addicted to eyeshadows and mascaras. And right now the leading brands I'm addicted to are Dior and Nars. sigh

[ Edited ]

Usually it's lippies. I LOVE THEM! Used to really be into glosses but now that I'm in my mid-20s I'm gravitating more towards lipsticks and trying to finish up my remaining glosses.
However that doesn't stop me from buying more glosses.

(I'm looking at you Buxom with your 99 different shades...)

Recently, (maybe the past month or so) I'm really into foundations!

I never wore foundation until last year (other than stealing my mom's when I was younger).

I am searching for my HG foundation. So far I've bought 3 and have tried countless samples of others.

Just went into Sephora today in search of a new one. (My current fav has become too light for me as I tanned drastically over the weekend. Being stuck in traffic for over 3 hours does that to you...<.<)

Got a sample of the NARS sheer glow. It's been on my face almost 4 hours and I really like it!

We will see! :smileyhappy:

Last year my obsession was palettes. I never owned any in my life (I usually bought singles) and now I own 5 all acquired last year. This year I've been good so far! Let's see how I do when the Christmas collections start!

*Bracing myself.*

(0) Hearts

I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through these 'phases'.  I go through them rather quickly though!  Every once and awhile I'll even get a brand phase.  

I started out very into eyeliners because they're easy to figure out (it's a pencil, you draw a line.  Boom, done) but it was a total gateway drug.  I've been very info lip products but I feel myself veering towards blushes.  I think the winds of change are blowing!!

(0) Hearts

I've been there. Unfortunately, my wants change very rapidly so it's hard to keep up!

My biggest are: lips, eyeshadows, blushes, and haircare.

The biggest offender is probably eyeshadow or lippies though :smileysad: just so many pretty colors

(0) Hearts

Right now I'm on mascara.  I feel like I've gone full circle through products! Lol

(0) Hearts

In my teens I was all about mascara and glosses, in my 20s I'm all about lipsticks. So I guess I've always had some sort of lippie obsession, mostly due to the fact that I dislike my natural lip color lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_4497358698047939660.gif