ballerinagrl

ADDICTION TO ONE MAKE UP TYPE COMES IN PHASES - ANYONE SHARE THIS ISSUE?

Which make up type are you addicted to right now? Lipstick, Gloss, Eye Shadow Palettes, Mascaras, Foundations, Blushers, tanners????????? Has the product you are obsessed by changed over time??????

In my twenties I was addicted to lipsticks and lip glosses. When new ranges would come in from brands like Dior, Lancome, YSL, Chanel, Sisleya, and Givenchy; I'd buy every pink that suited me, and even some that didn't because they looked so darn pretty.

When I relocated from the US to Asia, I had to throw away literally hundreds of lipsticks, and even today - I am now 43 - I have literally dozens of lipsticks and glosses left from that period; I can't throw them away in case I ever need them (which is hardly likely - lipstick isn't even meant to last that long, is it?) I've given a lot to my daughters over time, but we all have different color preferences and different skin colors ... and of course I never entirely stopped buying lipsticks/glosses; my current favorites are the Tom Ford Matte range - loving Crimson Noir, Casablanca, and Indian Rose especially.

In my thirties my focus shifted to eye shadow palettes, and again I bought more than I could possibly hope to ever use - like every new one from Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Givenchy, Nars, YSL etc. I was particularly into getting my hands on the limited edition ones, even if the colors did not appeal to me. I've given loads away to my children, even when they were young, as I figured they could use them for practice, but then another mother mentioned that most 8 year olds don't have a make up purse full of Dior Palettes. I explained I was done with them, so saw it as a way to recycle. I tried to laugh it off, but I wasted so many $$$$$$ it was crazy. And of course I never stopped buying the darn things entirely since I hit 40, I just try to think a lot more about what I might realistically use. Totally loving the UD Naked Palettes right now.

Now in my forties I'm obsessed with foundations. Thankfully I finally found one I love, along with a BB cream (Estee Lauder Double Wear), but when I was 40, 41, and 42, I was buying maybe 40 foundations a year in my desperate search for the HG ...

Now I found my HG Foundation, my focus has shifted to blushers ...

ragdoll4mom

Re: ADDICTION TO ONE MAKE UP TYPE COMES IN PHASES - ANYONE SHARE THIS ISSUE?

(0) Hearts

I have always had an addiction to lip products. The brighter it is, the more I like it.  Other addictions come and go.

calcutta

(0) Hearts

For me it was lipsticks, now its neutral eye pallets and curly hair products, the latter two are out of necessity....or so I tell myself :smileywink:

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

I'm on lipstick. First it was eyeshadow palettes, then highlighters, then eyeliner.

dolceloure

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes! I thought I was the only one who went through Picasso-esque periods w/ different makeup products. :smileyvery-happy:

For maybe a year or two it was all about perfume. I still collect, but I'm pickier now (or I just own *everything* and there's nothing left to buy :smileytongue: ) Then I got into makeup....there was a brief lipgloss period (Stila + Buxom), followed by an eyeshadow palette period, which lasted most of last year and a little into this year. This summer has been characterized by lipsticks/stains and blushes...and I haven't quite moved on yet, so we'll see if the Fall brings any changes in the wind. :smileytongue:

SirensSong

(0) Hearts

I always have been (and maybe always will be) all about the lippies! <3

I like making sure I have atleast one good product of each category (liner, mascara, blush, foundation, concealer, bronzer, highlighter), and then when it comes to lips I can never have enough liners, glosses or sticks :smileyvery-happy:

unblownkisses

(0) Hearts

I started with Lip Gloss, fell into a love of Mascara, followed by eyeliner. Then I started loving skincare and focusing on solving issues vs hiding them! But then I got into blush... and now I'm buying eyeshadow palettes!

kso1225

(0) Hearts

I do this but I switch it up every few months.  Last summer it was mascaras. Last Fall/Winter I was obsessed with foundations and now I haven't even worn foundation in months.  Then it was bronzers, now it's matte lip products. 

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

Absolutely obsessed with lipsticks right now. I think I've bought at least 20 in the past month. I'm actually afraid to count of many I've recently got, lol. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

yes, usually either blush or lippies. I collected way too many e/s palettes because of a "phase" i had, and now im trading them all because they're not being used.

Shrewdle

(0) Hearts

Well first off, your daughters are super lucky getting all of mama's pretty high-end stuff! :smileywink:

But yes, I see what you mean. I really get a kick out of trying to find the "Holy Grail" of a particular product category too. But sadly most of the time, when I do find that "perfect" product, it ends up being discontinued! And so the process starts all over again...

kalex

(0) Hearts

I go in spurts too.  I went on a BB Cream kick for awhile and then more recently it was peachy blushes. Currently it is fall collection lipsticks.  Never mind that I already own countless berry lipsticks - there are still 2 more sitting in my cart.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • kalex
    • michelleshops
    • lovelykatya
    • malday
    • carrierose
    • aviscardi