40% off at Stila

[ Edited ]

Stila is doing 40% off orders over $50 on their website. Free shipping if your order is over $50. Excludes sale items. Code: STILAMOMS40

I should also add that, according to Retail Me Not, this is good through tomorrow morning (7 am EST).

Re: 40% off at Stila

(0) Hearts

:/ they don't ship to canada? 

(0) Hearts

Whoa! Checking it out! 

I hauled! I got 3 metal shadows (vintage black gold, merlot, and copper), 2 lippies, and an eyeliner set for around $100!

I wish more brands had 40% off sales. 

(0) Hearts

Wow thanks! Unfortunately I only want one thing (stila vivenne!) so it's not worth it for me :smileysad:

(0) Hearts

Thanks for posting!

I now feel the need to buy Kitten! Anyone have any other favorites from Stila that I should look into?

(0) Hearts

Colorbalm! I have it in Sonya and it's super pretty and moisturizing 

I want vintage black gold personally.  It is in my cart, but I have yet to purchase it.

(0) Hearts

Has anyone tried the metallic eye shadows from Stila? Opinions? The colors look beautiful but I'm hesitant because I've seen a lot of complaints about the primer. Can you only use the included primer with them? Is it worth the $32 a pop?

They have Kitten in the summer stash kit from Sephora.  It did not include a primer, so I used my NARS one.  This is what it looked like.

shadow 04-30-14.jpg

I liked it but am not sure I would buy one for $32.  Getting 40% off and the primer could make it worth it though.

Thanks so much! I think I'm gonna buy a couple and hopefully they work out! :smileyhappy:

I just placed an order myself.  That vintage black gold foil was calling my name.  Sorry no buy.  At least I lasted 8 days this time.

(0) Hearts

You're welcome.  I have one in my cart and just have to decide whether or not it is worth breaking my no buy.

(0) Hearts

P.S. Do you apply it with the brush recommended? Or any shadow brush? Or your fingers?

I personally apply glitters, foils and loose pigments with my fingers.  When I try it with a brush, I always get too much fall out on my face and uneven application.  If you are skilled with a steady hand, you could try to apply it with a brush.  I would suggest the proper brush shape for where you are applying the product.  I have at least one brush for each section of my eye (highlighter, crease, all over, multiple blenders, flat for lid, etc).

When there are sales, my excuse is just that. If I plan on buying it at some point, might as well when there's a discount! :-D

(0) Hearts

Nars has a liquid primer? I thought just Stila, MUFE & Lorac did. The effect is different from using a liquid base then a traditional shadow primer no?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It is not liquid (I assumed everyone would know what I meant when I said NARS as I am only aware of them having regular ones).  However, it held onto the eye shadow just fine.  I did not have a liquid base to try it with.  This is what it looks like with a regular base.  It will definitely look different with a liquid base.  The sale is so good that I am considering buying a new foil, which comes with a mini liquid base.

(0) Hearts

Oh so any normal primer would work as well? That's so pretty! Is it just Kitten or did you use other colors as well?

I think it will look better if you have a liquid base, because that is how it was designed to work.  It still looks very nice with a regular primer though.  This is kitten on the bottom and the transforming shade from the It Cosmetics Naturally pretty palette blended in on top.

yes the liquid primer makes a world of diff with this!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 11 in conversation