Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THANK YOU!!! OMG Sephora, BKR, Jouer, Kilian, and Moon Juice!

You guys, I just died a little. A lot. I just found a lovely package from Sephora on my doorstep and I was incredibly excited to open it. I had no idea what would be inside but as soon as I pulled out the enclosed paper and looked at the spoilers, I was in shock. Everything was beautifully packaged and I literally squealed as I started to unwrap everything. Inside I found the BKR Paris Water Bomb lip treatment, the Jouer Blush Bouquet Duo in "Adore" (the perfect shade for my light skin tone) the Jouer lip topper in Rose Gold", a Kilian Kissing Rollerball, the Moon Juice Beauty 'Shroom serum (which I had strongly been considering purchasing) and the Sephora Collection magnetic foundation brush AND stand (ironically I had actually gone into my local store the other day just specifically to look at the new brush set but they didn't have it yet)! Thank you so much to Sephora and all of the brands for the absolutely lovely gifts. I'm so overwhelmed and so grateful and I truly appreciate the thought and effort that went into this gift; I will most definitely enjoy it.

Re: THANK YOU!!! OMG Sephora, BKR, Jouer, Kilian, and Moon Juice!

@CookieGirl1  WOW-WEE How did you get ALL those products to try. I so want to try the "Beauty Shroom Tonic" b4 I purchase it. There seems to be confusion between the REAL strength of this tonic. I've been told everything from 5% - 25%. Heard nothing back from their website. =(

Any "secrets" you want to share or PM? PLEEEESE!!

Thank You  😘

@cynnymnUnidentified it was the serum, not the tonic.. 

@CookieGirl1  Unidentified? don't get that? are u unable to share?  😃 

@cynnymnUnidentified no, for whatever reason, Sephora's website ALWAYS adds that when I respond on my phone but there's no way I can erase it; it's evidently a formatting error  

Ok so I've had several weeks to play with everything and I think I'm ready to share my thoughts.

BKR Water Balm- I use this everyday and I really like it! It's pretty thick and moisturizing, but I don't like to wear it outside because it's sticky and my hair gets stuck in it. It doesn't beat my favorites, but lip balm junkies won't be disappointed with this one.

Coola Setting Spray SPF 30- This was such a let down. It just made my face really shiny and greasy, and smells strongly of alcohol. After just a couple of uses, the cap develped cracks in it, so I don't think I would trust this in my purse (it never left my vanity counter) On the plus side, the mist was nice and fine.

Moon Juice Beauty Shroom- It took me a long time to use this regularly. I just couldn't get over how slimy it felt. My face just felt gross all day in the heat, but cooler days aren't like that at all. I have yet to notice any difference in my skin though, so I might have to come back and update on this one. I just know this isn't suitable for summertime, even though my skin is dry all year round.

Jouer Long Wear Topper- I really liked this. I've tried other glosses that were supposed to be good as toppers and they just look thick and gross, and get all over my teethe. This one is so light and comfortable! I prefer it over lip liners, because it's difficult to reapply when using a product like this. I have to wipe everything off to reapply and that can get messy, but lip liners last longer so I have to do it less often.

Jouer Blush Bouquet Duo-This was very meh for me. The lighter color didn't even show up on my skin, and I'm super pale. It didn't last long on the skin for me either. I was really bummed not to like this because these colors are so pretty, but there is nothing about this product that will make me reach for it over my other blushes.

Sephora Beauty Magnet Foundation Brush and Stand- So, I fully intend on buying the rest of these brushes, but I have no use for this one. I prefer fat, dense brushes as opposed to flat ones. It's so soft though, so I'm sure I'll find a use for it. How did everyone else use this brush?

@suzyo Thanks for all your thoughts on these products! ☺️🙏

Moon Juice Beauty Shroom review:

Before reviewing the Moon Juice Beauty Shroom, I wanted to use it for at least 6 weeks in order to notice the benefits, since skin care products don’t usually give immediate results ( exception made for moisturizers or exfoliating gels etc... ) I’ve been using this jelly twice a day, regularly and is the new product that I added to my regular skincare routine. I only need 1 1/3 pump of this milky white slimy jelly to cover my entire face and under my chin. The consistency is not bothersome to me and allows this product to be spread very easily and effectively. It absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn’t leave a sticky residue. I must say that I find the smell intoxicatingly great, so much so I wish Moon Juice would create a similar fragrance! There is no discernible mushroom smell to it. I have noticed that my skin is a bit plumper than before. My jawline is definitely firmer and my frown lines are smoother than before using the Beauty Shroom. It’s not a miracle serum, but the improvements are visible. I’m very happy with the results so far. I will definitely purchase it once my bottle is almost finished. Thank you again Sephora and Moon Juice for the opportunity to try the Moon Juice Beauty Shroom 😉!

Coola Makeup Setting Spray review:

First of all I use foundation or Milk Makeup sticks ( for contouring ) very rarely since my skin tone is quite even and I have never suffered from acne or breakouts ( I consider myself as being very lucky in that regard ). I have only used it once because I used loose powder foundation one time since having been gifted this Coola setting spray. Because my foundation is in powdered form, I decided to spray it directly on my face ( to avoid streaks ) making sure that my lips were protected by using a lipgloss that I don’t wear anymore in order to avoid the burning sensation of alcohol on my lips. The mist is very fine and distributes this product evenly ( just make sure that your eyes are closed if you decide to use it as a spray ). I didn’t notice any creasing or patchiness in my foundation afterwards. The fact that this setting spray is both a primer and sunscreen is a welcome bonus. The SPF is 30 which is the recommended minimum protection level by dermatologists. I was worried that it might irritate my sensitive skin because it contains chemical sunscreens instead of mineral ones , but the Coola Makeup Setting Spray didn’t. I want to thank Coola and Sephora for gifting me this product and giving me the opportunity to try the Coola Makeup Setting Spray 😊!

@keana1 It sounds like you got a lot of success out of this box! Congratulations 😊

@PinkEvergreen This was such a great gratis! Before receiving the many items, I had some in my Loves list ( the Moon Juice Beauty Shroom Jelly and the Jouer lip topper ), I also needed some blush, SPF, a hydrating lip balm and a foundation brush ! It’s as if someone read my mind 🔮 !

Thank you, @keana1Unidentified ! Moon Juice products intrigue me!

@keana1  Loved reading your insightful review. I gave the Beauty Shroom to my mom to try last month and she agreed that it went on evenly and was fast absorbing. She also mentioned that it worked well under foundation (no pilling). My mom is a skincare junkie and she applies a bunch of products on at night so she said she can't attribute the skin differences to a specific product, but I think her skin does look more hydrated and supple recently.

@Guessgal I’m also a skin care junkie ! I’m glad that you’re noticing positive results on your mother’s skin, I hope that she will eventually see them ! 

Great reviews @keana1! 🙂 I may need to look into that Moon Juice Beauty Shroom - it sounds quite good - glad it worked out for you! 

@itsfi Thanks! 😉

@keana1

How would you describe the scent of the Beauty Shroom?

@GG84 It’s a nice earthy, herbal smell. If you have smelled the Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum, I would say that they both have a very similar fragrance. I really am fragrace ignorant so I really don’t know how to describe how it smells exactly. I’m sorry 😐that I can’t help you very much , I really wish I could...

That helps!! ❤❤ I don't like overly fragrant/fruity smelling skincare, thats why I asked. The way you described the product and how it works had me sold.

THANK YOU!!! OMG Sephora, BKR, Jouer, Kilian, and Moon Juice!

@CookieGirl1 That's so awesome! I'm sure that made your say. Congratulations girl! enjoy it!

Wow, I did not mean for this to be so late! I went on a trip & then my skin decided to freak out 😕 But hopefully, this can still be somewhat of use for anyone interested 🙂

BKR Paris Water Balm: This had a thick, jelly-like texture & lasted overnight on me. It is supposed to have a French rose scent, but I actually couldn't smell it, nor did it have a discernible taste. It was slightly sticky on me & I wore it out on a windy day to test it, & my hair did stick to my lips. But I would use this at bedtime, so it's not a big deal 🙂 I really like that you can attach this to the water bottles.

Jouer Blush Bouquet Duo: My new favorite blushes! The packaging is gorgeous & the pans are a nice size. The texture is smooth & it feels like they just melt into the skin. They give off a beautiful, natural glow & are buildable. They are easy to blend out. Both shades are stunning.

Jouer Long-Wear Topper: Soo pretty! It goes on smoothly & feels light on the lips. A little goes a long way. It has a sweet, vanilla/caramel scent. I don't have much pigment in my lips, so I don't wear this on its own. It looks beautiful paired with anything & everything!

Kilian Kissing Spray: This starts off as a light floral on me & then dries down quickly to a more sweet scent. It's noticeable, but not overpowering, if that makes sense. I love the tongue-in-cheek packaging, & it lasts all day on me.

Moon Juice Beauty Shroom: Fine lines & wrinkles aren't a primary concern of mine right now, so I will give this to my mom for her birthday coming up 🙂 But I did try this out for myself. It has a light, watery texture & a little goes a long way. I felt that it absorbed nicely into my skin. It does have an earthy scent, but it didn't bother me. The pump doesn't lock, but it does have a little cap that goes over it for travel.

Sephora Beauty Magnet Foundation Brush & Stand: The brush is so soft & works well with both liquids & powders. I love the concept of a magnetic stand & brushes, it's so convenient. It looks beautiful on my dresser. I saw a review where someone had commented that it's difficult to pick up a brush one-handed, as the magnets are so strong that it'll lift the entire stand, along with the brush. But I found that if you hold the brush by the base & tilt it a bit, such as at a 45 degree angle, you can pick it up with one hand easily. Of course, if the stand is crowded, it may be difficult to do that. The stand measures about 6 inches by 3 inches. I would love if Sephora came out with a bigger stand & more brushes to go along with it 🙂

Thank you so much to Sephora, BKR, Jouer, Kilian, Moon Juice, & as always, @KatieBT & the mods for giving me the opportunity to try out these lovely products!

Spoiler

@ohheyitscindyk Thanks for all your thoughts on these products 😊👍

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • Gratis from Sephora, BKR, Jouer, Coola and Moon Juice.
  • 20180806_123220.jpg
  • Adore Me, Hold Me
  • Rose Gold, Adore Me, Hold Me (I did a few swipes of the blushes to see them better. They didn't show up too well on my camera, but they are so pretty and natural looking!
  • 20180806_142203.jpg
  • 20180803_112637 1.jpg
  • 20180806_142350 1.jpg
  • I can only imagine how long it took to wrap these for EVERY GRATIS BOX!  I'm in awe...
  • So excited!   I've never used a setting spray, and never met a serum I didn't like!
  • IMG_0674.JPG
  • IMG_0675.JPG
  • IMG_0677.JPG
  • IMG_0679.JPG
testing