Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Tutorials & Inspo Recommendations?

Hello BIC, I am looking for some makeup tutorials/makeup artists to follow, but I don't really know where to start or what's good. I'm hoping to find some not-too-complicated tutorials to improve my makeup skills and learn new techniques, as well as for inspiration.

Do you watch tutorials or follow makeup artists (on YouTube, Instagram or elsewhere)? Who do you recommend? What have you found most helpful?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! 💜

Re: Makeup Tutorials & Inspo Recommendations?

@caitbird Alexandra Anele on YT does some nice tutorials. I would recommend Katie Jane Hughes on IG, as well. She does lots of looks. Roseandben on IG is another great one. She does super in depth videos and lives. Natasha Denona usually does demos of all her new products on YT and IG so if you own any of her products you can search her page for looks she's done. If you have a Charlotte Tilbury account on her website, she has a bunch of free small tutorials.

@makeitup305  thank you so much for the recommendations, I will definitely check them out! Good to know that ND does videos with her products, I have quite a few of her palettes and now her new highlighter so I will have to look those up.

Seconding the ND @caitbird!  I find her tutorials easy to follow for shadow, and a lot of the times the how to is posted on the direct site for the eyeshadow palettes.  When I was trying to see if I could dupe her Yucca palette, I followed her tutorials for the palette.

Also, if anyone likes her IG, she did a reason why she got into makeup and it's very cute.  If you're a fan, watch it.

There are lots of video's out there and I see you've gotten some really good recommendations already @caitbird

What I like doing, is looking at videos of looks I'm trying to figure out, and watching for people whose advice and techniques make the most sense to me. I might watch one and half way through think naawww, and try another one. 

Sometimes it takes a bit of hunting to find the video that's the one, if that makes sense 😅😅

@CynthieLu  thank you! Yes, that totally makes sense. I have definitely found that some people's "teaching style" if you will, works better for me than others 😅

I really like Sephora's YT channel and I'm not just saying that because it's BIC.  There's tons of content, but you can search for specific topics and there's usually a video for it @caitbird 

@danielledanielle  oh thank you, I didn't know Sephora had a YT channel with tutorials, I will definitely check it out!

@caitbird @Marlena Stell, Víctor Cembellin, MakeupbyAriel, Patrick Ta, Nikki La Rose 

@SportyGirly125  thanks so much for the recommendations, I will check them out! 💜

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing