xoxcrystal

waking up and seeing...

MY LIPSURGENCES MELTED INTO THE TUBES!! i went to go grab one to use today and NOTHING. they all just melted!! i had my three favorites that were full sized along with nine deluxe sized ones (from the holiday set this past christmas and one mini i got last year) sitting on a container and when i open them, nothing! they're all down into the tubes and when i try to twist it up it's like it's stuck and they're all mashed within the bottom of the tube. i don't know how this could have happened, it's freezing cold where i am and the heat wasn't even on! ):

sorry this might not interest many of you guys but i'm so upset that i wanted to vent and my boyfriend is just telling me to calm down and that it's "just lipsticks". has anyone else experienced this?!

DrProducts

Re: waking up and seeing...

Tell your dear husband that you simply must wear the right lipstick(s) to feel "in the mood." See if "your issue" suddenly becomes more relevant!

YouAreAlways

I didnt even read the thread, I just saw your comment on the main page and had to come tell you I adore what you said. 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

"just lipsticks"

Oh ho ho! If he's a sports fan, next time his favorite team loses tell him "it's just a game"

Not lipsurgence (I hope o.O) but same weather here but my Fresh Sugar lip balm in Rose is sooo squishy! Not sure if it's the alternating temperature or something,, but one light poke and it's ready to sink into the tube or fall off the base. I put it in the fridge today morning, hopefully it's better when I get home. =/

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I'd be livid. I can see why your bf would say that, but at the same time it's not like they're super inexpensive.

sangova

(0) Hearts

Oh no! I'm glad you made it work!

I have to go check on mine :smileyvery-happy:

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I would call the CS team at Tarte, as they are the product manufacturer. I would say this in not a Sephroa problem. If they were by no heat source, then there is a defective product and they should replace them. If this is an ongoing problem they should really not be selling them, but to have all of them fall at the same time tells me somehow, they must have gotten warmer somehow??? What a bummer though especially with the LE colors. 

Panda168

(0) Hearts

It shouldn't be a heat issue otherwise most people would have similar problems like that during the summer time. :-/

wendyomgwar

Omg this happened to one of mine D:

no idea how it happened either!! I don't keep them near anything warm :smileysad:

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

I don't understand... you didn't leave it on a radiator or near a vent?? Did LIGHTENING hit them?? Those pictures are SO weird!

I would write to Tarte even though it will probably get you nowhere, and explain this to them. This is so strange.

Missie772

Whoa... freaky!! And tell your boyfriend it is not "just lipsticks!" What if all of his Xbox/Playstation games all got scratched up- how would he feel if you told him they were "just video games." (Or whatever his hobby is- sports, wine, scotch, his music collection, etc.)

I am so sorry! You did a pretty good job of salvaging it though!

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

could you try microwaving them for abut 15 sec each at a time cap side down?  maybe that'd help them move back up some??  ugh...so sorry

mityren

Ahhh! Just another lipstick!!! That's blasphemous!! Men don't get it. 

chrimmie12

so true.....

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

We're here for you! I'm sorry for your loss girl! I just lost 3 of my newest MAC lippies due to the 85 degree heat in my room :smileysad: 

tehprincessjenn

(0) Hearts

And then I learned not to put my Mac lipsticks in the car... even under the console... in about 100 degree weather... Yeah that wasn't smart. Oops. 

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

OMGGG NOO!!! that sucks so much ):

Jandi

My heart aches for you! I love those things! 

kristallovesdogs

(0) Hearts

Do you still have the receipts?  Because if you have friendly girls at your local store they may help you to exchange them, no problem!

tehprincessjenn

WHAT NOOOOOO!!!! *grabs tissue box* They are NOT just other lipsticks! They feel nice and minty! I feel your pain when my lipstick melted (even though it was Mac, so I just shrugged. I was devastated when I lost my Guerlain Rouge G though) 

I guess next time try refrigeration or cold packing, but... AWWWW MANNNNNN!!! :smileysad: 

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

NOOOO! i don't know how i would react if it was my guerlain rouge g lipsticks. i would probably have a heart attack!! i know when i went home for christmas break i was more worried about my lipsticks melting if the room gets too hot from the heat than anything!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • tehprincessjenn
    • wendyomgwar
    • kristallovesdogs
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4