xoxcrystal

waking up and seeing...

MY LIPSURGENCES MELTED INTO THE TUBES!! i went to go grab one to use today and NOTHING. they all just melted!! i had my three favorites that were full sized along with nine deluxe sized ones (from the holiday set this past christmas and one mini i got last year) sitting on a container and when i open them, nothing! they're all down into the tubes and when i try to twist it up it's like it's stuck and they're all mashed within the bottom of the tube. i don't know how this could have happened, it's freezing cold where i am and the heat wasn't even on! ):

sorry this might not interest many of you guys but i'm so upset that i wanted to vent and my boyfriend is just telling me to calm down and that it's "just lipsticks". has anyone else experienced this?!

roxystar4

Re: waking up and seeing...

(0) Hearts

oh no! I would be so upset :/ sorry that this happened. were they near your computer or another electronic device?

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

noo ): we have our heating unit in our apartment off but i guess it must have kicked on for some reason? 

Heatoyos1

Awwww, I'd be so upset, too! Boyfriends don't always understand, but BT girlfriends do!

vanillammm

I am incredibly sorry for your loss!

Are any of them salvageable if you somehow scrape out what is left and make a lip palette using a multi-day pill container? I know it isn't the same, but it is better than having to toss them all.

pillboxlippies.jpg

Panda168

(0) Hearts

That is a great idea :smileyhappy: !

Plantgarden

Ms. Smarty Pants!!  Great idea!!!

DandyLionFluff

That's a really good idea VanillaMmmm!!

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

i would if i could!! unfortunately i think they melted inside the tubes, like wayyy down the bottom and they're sitting right in between the space where the product sits and where you twist them ):

mollybb

Maybe hold them upside down over the container and blast them with a hairdryer? I think if you found a way to remelt them you could pour them into a new container.

xoxcrystal

[ Edited ]

so here is some pictures of what happened to my lipsticks ):

Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 8.26.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 8.27.09 PM.png
decided to take them apart and scrape what i could salvage:

Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 8.26.54 PM.png

my finished products (i mixed a couple colors together for some of the lipsurgences):

Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 8.27.21 PM.png

bratknits

It almost looks like a hair dryer or flat iron got left near them and the residual heat melted them.  It's definitely heat of some kind.

Ummmmm why do you keep sriracha on your vanity?  Is there some hot sauce beauty tip I've never heard?

Mariahk83

lol don't think that's her vanity - pretty sure it's the kitchen counter!  :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Too funny! Just noticed the rack of clean dishes on the other side of the counter! :smileyvery-happy:

So sorry this happened to you, crystal! I hope you can figure out what the source of the problem was!

tehprincessjenn

(0) Hearts

Were there any LEs in there? 

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

the holiday 8piece lipsurgence set ones were ):

manniface

you could heat them in hot water- the product is waxy and should rise to the top then you can skim it off the surface? just an idea- I have no clue if it would work though.

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

i ended up taking them apart and just scraping what i could.. /:

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

glad you were able to at least salvage most of the colors!

xoxcrystal

i know!! and i actually really like some of the colors i mixed together! Photo on 2-23-14 at 8.47 PM #3.jpg

vanillammm

that is SO sad and frustrating. Your BF may not understand, but take comfort in knowing that a few of us here are feeling the pain with you. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • tehprincessjenn
    • wendyomgwar
    • kristallovesdogs
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4