prosopon

"Go to" summer lip color

What is the color (could be specific or general) that you are constantly reaching for to finish off your lip look this summer?

I am loving the corals!

MUFE rogue artist intense in satin coral (for a high end)

Revlon lip butters in peach parfait

Share your favorites!

poshified

Re: "Go to" summer lip color

It actually shows up pinky nude on me, so I definitely suggest trying it out next time you're at Sephora :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

It looks really light and bright, something suitable for lighter complexions. My lips are kinda dark and this doesn't seem like it would show up nicely. But i will check it out!! Thanks for posting these. 

mpolansky

For a bolder lip, I have been grabbing my Maybelline Vivid lipstick in Hot Plum. It looks more pink on me and oh my goodness I'm in LOVE with it. 

When I do a bold eye, I try to do a more toned down lip. For this I've been using Mac's Creme Cup with NYX butter gloss in Merenge over top.

I also love the coral look but unfortunately this is one look I hate on me. I've tried various shades and numerous products...just to come to the conclusion that coral lips just do not flatter my skin tone at all. Oh well :smileyhappy:

krunce

[ Edited ]

I've had a really exciting summer in several different climates and countries, and have found myself gravitating to different lipsticks in each!

Paris in May:

Cold, rainy, grey, everyone dressed in black leather (me included...)

Bright, bold, long-lasting semi-matte colours, mostly from Givenchy Le Rouge's line:

Givenchy Le Rouge in Fuschia Irresistible

swfupload_2854611341202850269.jpgAnd Givenchy Le Rouge Summer Collection in Croisiere Coral

swfupload_7226989328977521502.png

When I was back in Canada in June, it got a little bit warmer and I felt more playful so I gravitated to interesting high pigmented glossy lips:

Bite's Lush Fruity Lipgloss in Strangefruit (awkward name...)
swfupload_4864767740103231402.jpg

Now I'm back in Durham, NC in July, where my face melts off 2-3 times a day, and so I've been wearing subtle glosses:

Sephora Crystalgloss in Flushed from the Tangerine pantone line has strangely been serving as a really cute nude on me:

(photo from BeautyProfessor)

swfupload_2683886172011713767.jpg

and this Stila Lipglaze in Loganberry, on the right

swfupload_4756070104400239391.jpg

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

@Krunce, 

Do you remember where you found the limited edition Croisiere Coral?

prosopon

(0) Hearts

How fun!  Very interesting that you look changed depending on where you were!

krunce

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Ya, I'm surprised to look back on it now and realize I was changing my lip look like that, haha. Or more so, changing the opacity of my lip look. :smileywink:

prosopon

It seemed to get more sheer as the temp increased.  Makes sense to me.

krunce

(0) Hearts

lol ya. That way, when they melt off, you might not notice!

melissabt

[ Edited ]

I always reach for very light pastel corals! I also like soft baby pink shades.

YSL ROUGE VOLUPTÉ

7 Lingerie Pink - light creamy pink

7.jpg

13 Peach Passion - vibrant peachy pink

13.jpg

Smashbox Pout

pout.jpg

<3 Melissa
mkupgk

When will smashbox pout be in stock?

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Mkupgk-

I checked out inventory and it should be coming the next few business days! Please add your email to be notified once we receive it online:http://www.sephora.com/be-legendary-lipstick-P304704?skuId=1387133

<3 Melissa
prosopon

(0) Hearts

Love the colors!

krunce

Beautiful choices!

Apocalyptica

I've been using my fresh rose lip treatment as well this summer. It really helps moisturize and give just the right amount of color. Not sticky either!

staringatstars

I'm still in love with Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatment.  It's moisturizing and a pretty tint. 

kenny

Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Coral. It's a sheer orange-red that bright enough for summer while not being to loud.

jellybean917

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 8 Pink In Confidence. It's subtle and goes with anything, but has a little hint of glossiness.

I love pinks on me more than most other colors. I'd love to be able to pull off a coral lip, but I don't think I've found the right one just yet.

amberangeline

I've been in love with this one this summer too! I also like Coral Intuitive. The formula on these is just so perfect!

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Oh I so want to try the Corail Intuitive!  If only I hadn't loaded up already on all those other coral lippies this spring!  

drrragon

Revlon lip butter in Juicy Papaya for me!  I think it was a new or possibly limited edition this spring!  I also got NYX soft matte lip cream in Antwerp, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Shocking Coral and Vibrant Mandarin, and most recently Tarte Lipsurgence in Joy.  

Why all the orange?  I got tired of my bazillion pink lippies that would make my purple-tinged lips look even purpler!  Anything coral or orangey cancels out the purple and ends up a nice warm pink or red.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 56 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • marydiva
    • marinaanne147