drrragon

new Too Faced lippie set!

Did you guys see that Too Faced has a new lippie set???  It's got La Creme in Spice Spice Baby and Naked Dolly, a lip liner, and a deluxe size lip primer!  I was all excited when i found it this morning because I've wanted Spice Spice Baby foreverrrrrrrrrr!  Now I'm thinking of getting this set instead, Naked Dolly is probably too light for me but I could layer it over something else.

anyone else into Too Face La Cremes?  Are they worth the hype?

swfupload_5324320456340601516.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/la-creme-de-la-creme-long-lasting-lip-collection-P382316?skuId=1554328

garnett

Re: new Too Faced lippie set!

Thanks for posting this!  I have been wanting to try these and this set looks like a perfect way to jump into the pool!  :smileyhappy:

joeanne

I have Cinnamon Kiss and love it! So creamy and the color is beautiful. I am trying to decide on another color. Spice Spice Baby is very pretty, almost got that but settled on CK instead.

veevali

Ahhhh I want this! Spice spice baby has been in my loves list for so long and it's such a good deal. thanks for sharing!

poshified

[ Edited ]

TF La Cremes are quite nice and moisturizing, and that's a great steal of a set! :smileyhappy: Just a heads up, they tend to melt quite easily though (but nowhere as bad as the Sugar lip treatments.)

bambina2011

It's on my loves list! I have 10% VIB coupon so I'm planning to use it on it. I love Spice, spice baby but think that naked dolly is too light for me. I never swatched though, so I plan on going to Sephora this weekend to try them on and see if I like it on me! 

kimchikween

Spice Spice Baby is one of my go-to's along with Cinnamon Kiss (shown in my avatar).  They are definitely creamy. One of my fav lipsticks.

DoctorsMrs

@Drrrragon-- just reread your post. In regard to layering.... the gel like consistency of these doesn't lend itself well to mixing with other products. I think it would work if you were using it with another La Creme color, but it doesn't mix well with other brands that have a more waxy texture and it doesn't do well with gloss on top either.

drrragon

ooh i'm glad to hear it's more gelly than waxy!  I've swatched them a few times but never really spent quality time with them.  It's in my loves and I'm excited to purchase it soon (like when the holiday sets come out or F&F!)

I used to think it was annoying when stores would break out all the holiday stuff earlier every year, but here it is still August and I'm dying for those holiday sets already!

DoctorsMrs

I'm excited for the holiday sets too. They're always such a great way to try new things.  I buy them mostly for myself anyway so as far as I'm concerned they should come out year round :smileyhappy:

poshified

It's like "To me. From me." :smileyhappy:

drrragon

Yes!  Hear that Sephora?  We demand year-round holiday sets!! :smileyvery-happy:

Kiki1517

They could always make a new set for a new holiday :smileywink:

New Years

Valentines 

St Patricks 

you get the idea...hehe

poshified

(0) Hearts

.... and while we're on the topic of sets, I think we should get our own customizable set for our birthdays too! :smileyvery-happy:

LadyInWhite

Yep, I don't think I've ever bought a holiday set for anyone but myself ~ they've all got too many beauty products anyway :smileytongue:

DoctorsMrs

I like everything about the TF La Creme lipsticks except the scent. (Although the scent IMO is less distracting than the scent of TF's old lipstick line.  This new scent is reminiscent of a MAC lippie.)

The formula of La Creme is really nice. These glide on smoothly, have good pigmentation and lovely shine.  The color lasts fairly long. They remind me of YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in many ways.

This is a nice deal. Thanks for posting it.  I have to go check my stash to see if I already have these colors :smileyhappy:

melissabt

Cuteee! Great catch. I have Naked Dolly already and its the perfect nude/beige color.

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 42 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • bambina2011
    • joeanne