Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
Anonymous Insider

liquid lipstick

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a pinky nude liquid lipstick that does not have an orange undertone? I am very fair and have found all the liquid lipsticks that I have tried to have an orange undertone. Granted, I have not tried many. Any recommendations?? It would be very much appreciated! 🙂

Re: liquid lipstick

Hi @Anonymous,

I really like Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Babe Alert. It's a great pinkish/nudish color, and I've never thought of it as having an orange undertone. 

Formula wise, I highly recommend Smashbox's Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick. They have a pink neutral shade called "In Demand" and it runs pretty light! 🙂

For medium toned mauves, I agree with the Marvelous Mauve pick from the Sephora collection. Sephora's Cream Lip Stain formula is amazing, but I don't think they carry many pink nudes. Most of the ones I've seen were brown nudes. 

I think bareMinerals Gen Nudes Liquid Lipstick in Swag may work! It's described as a "blushing mauve," but it pulls pink on me. I'm not very fair, but definitely fair-light. I don't have a shade recommendation for you, but Kat Von D makes my favorite liquid lipsticks. She did just release some new nudes, and I have Hawkwind, but it may be too dark if you're looking for something pinky. Lolita is in the same color family, but a bit lighter. Check out her offerings, the shade range is pretty extensive. 

Hi Amandduuhh,

This is an issue I've faced in the past too! I don't know why, but sometimes those pinky nudes can go a little orange on me as well. A couple shades that have worked well for me are the Marvelous Mauve from Sephora Collection and Patina from Stila. Both turn to a nice neutral pinky shade, without the orange-ness. I recommend heading to a store if you can and swatching them to see how they work for your skin.

Good luck!

-Stephanie

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing