beauvais

good lip balm and good non sticky lip gloss

I am looking for a lip balm that doesnt turn white and lasts a whike. I am also lookjng for a lip gloss that is not sticky. I tried one by smashbox and it was very sticky.

MarciaBrady

Re: good lip balm and good non sticky lip gloss

(0) Hearts

I second the rosebud salve recommendation. Fresh Sugar is great too, but it has a sheen of its own, so not ideal for topping off with lipstick or gloss.

Speaking of gloss, the YSL glossy stains are amazing. They go on wet, dry a bit, and the color lasts for hours and hours. The feel of the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie is also not particularly sticky. It has mint in it I think, which makes your lips tingle a bit, but in an exhilarating way, not an annoying one.

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-pur-couturevernis-a-levres-glossy-stain-P304003?skuId=1480771

http://www.sephora.com/marvelous-moxie-lipgloss-P308920?skuId=1418292

penelopepuffman

(0) Hearts

my favorite lipglosses are by laura mercier. I HATE mostly all lipglosses. even bare minerals seem to be a bit too sticky for me. Laura mercier's are amazing. 

inmm

(0) Hearts

If you're looking for a waxy lip balm, the Sephora brand has a good one, and it's only $5!

For a more jellyish (I can't think of a better word right now lol) lip balm, First Aid Beauty has an affordable one, though you may not like the taste, or rather than lack of taste. (You know how some things have a "no taste" taste or "no smell" smell?) MAC also has a good affordable one. On the higher end is AmorePacific, which I currently use.

sonofmanjesus

(0) Hearts

My go to is the Dior lip glow. It satisfies both lip gloss and moisturizer. Otherwise for nighttime I love the Aerin. Lip conditioner 

properlylost

Fresh has really lovely lip balms, they have clear and a lot of lightly colored ones. They've been my favorite for years, they're very moisturizing and give a good shine and are not sticky. They are $22.50 a piece though. If you're looking for something more affordable Rosebud Salve is only $6 and Sephora Collection Super Nourishing Lip Balm is $5. Both of them are great. I had gotten the Sephora one as filler for an order and was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was and always carry it around with me in my purse.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I needed to add an item to get a GWP from Burberry a while back and ended up adding on a lip gloss that completely blew me away. Absolutely the best gloss I've ever tried/used/bought. $27 entirely worth it.

beauvais

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the replies. I feel like I want to try them all.

Savvys

(0) Hearts

Clinique has a really good lip balm. I'm not sure that name but I'm pretty sure they only have one lip bam. It comes in all silver packaging and is $27. It is not sticky at all no matter how much you apply and it very moisturizing. It is pretty pricey for a lip balm but it last forever and you don't need a lot at one time.

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

not sold at sephora - but Lipstick Queen jean queen is amazing and her Saints line of lipsticks are awesome!  Sure hydrating, glossy, and sheer - so very much like a gloss!

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

For lipgloss, I have tried most of the brands out there . I think YSL rouge volupte lip gloss feel most comfortable on my lips. Not sticky at all. Dior fluid stick is great too, but it is a liquid lipstick.

For lip balm:

Drugstore: Blistex lip medex

Mid-end: Kiehl's lip balm in mint

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Lip balm

high end- By Terry Baume de Rose

mid range- L'Occitane Rose Petals Lip Balm

low cost- EOS

I use all of the above and would recommend them in order from highest to lowest.

Lip Gloss

high end- Chantacaille Luminous Lip Gloss

mid range- Lancome Lip Lover

low cost- NYX Butter Gloss

Once again, I suggest these in order from highest to lowest.

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

My favorite lip balm as of while back ago is Bite beauty Agave lip mask - soo amazing! Slightly thick at first , but it melts into the lips without making them feel oily at all, but it lasts a while, makes lips feels soo smooth and soft, also it tastes nicely! lol Definitely would recommend this one!

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

Make-up forever lip glosses are not sticky at all!

beauvais

(0) Hearts

Does the make-up forever lip gloss last a while? 

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

For me, I would say I need to re-apply maybe every 2 hours. I know this isn't considered long, but the glosses are so comfortable and look so nice that I don't mind it. The colors also tend to be lighter than in the tube, so they aren't the most pigmented either. But like I said, they are the most comfortable ones that I've tried and they don't make lips look overly glossy.

Another gloss that feels similar that has a bit more pigment are the MAC dazzle glasses. They are not sticky, but they have micro-glitter and shimmer, so if you aren't into shimmer, avoid it. 

gogreyhound

Welcome! I just got a tube of First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Cream, and it is amazing! creamy and actually moisturizes the lips--not a petroleum based so not oily. I think it lasts quite a while.  Well worth 12 bucks. I also have the Rosebud Salve, and I like it a lot too! it is more of a petrolatum-type balm, and adds shine.

I also like the Buxom glosses for not being sticky. Stila glosses are sticky, I would stay away from those! :smileyhappy:

wokkin

(0) Hearts

My favorite lip balms are the Rosebud Salve and Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm.  Neither of them turn your lips white and they last longer than most of the other lip balms I've tried.  Bite's Agave Lip Mask lasts a while too, but it's a bit thick so I only use it at night before bed.  

I'm not a fan of sticky lip glosses either.  I've tried the Smashbox one and I couldn't take the stickiness, my hair would always stick to my lips.  I would recommend Buxom or Nars lip glosses.  I don't find them sticky and they have a great selection of shades.  My favorite Buxom formula is the Full-On Lip Cream, but if you don't want a tingly sensation on your lips, I would go avoid both the lip cream and lip polish (basically the same as the lip cream but with shimmer) and go with the Buxom Full-Bodied Lip Gloss.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • properlylost
    • ivyxox
    • Mariahk83
    • inmm
    • HelloCoffee