EatYourKimchi

best chapstick/lip balm sold in sephora for extremely chapped lips? :(

hello! i wanted to try some products sold in sephora for my extremely chapped lips....i've tried burt's bees chapstick, the brand chapstick, maybelline my baby lips, etc. nothing is working very well for me. :smileysad: i prefer a tube-like product, so i don't have to dip my fingers in the actual product, but please PLEASE help! thanks so much! happy holidays! xo

EatYourKimchi

Re: best chapstick/lip balm sold in sephora for extremely chapped lips? :(

(0) Hearts

thanks everyone! i grabbed a few lippies from the recommendations (some i just couldn't find in sephora or my nearby drugstores). i got the fresh sugar (regular brown tube), dior rose balm, and korres lip butters!!! i'm hoping at least one of these work!!! xoxo

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

Dior's Crème de Rose is my HG balm, for everything from classic balm duties to chapped lip repair. When I need it, I apply a thick luscious layer on my lips and sleep with it on. A very thin film remains by morning, and my lips feel and look like a dream. Sometimes you may want/need to repeat this for a few days, but I can assure you, I am FAR from alone in singing Crème de Rose's praises :smileywink:

mebeval

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 (original clear in the brown tube). 

Charlyxo

(0) Hearts

My favourite is the Dior Creme de Rose lip balm…it is very pricy, but by far the best I have ever used! I apply it before bed, and when I wake up my lips are still moisturized!!!

EatYourKimchi

(0) Hearts

i think i may grab one of these too! haha

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Fresh Sugar is pretty nice. :smileyhappy: Although - I love Baby Lips as well and I see that you have that on your list of items that didn't work well for you, so my lips may be different from yours. 

EatYourKimchi

(0) Hearts

i have tried the medicated version, and it's not awful, but it doesn't help my chapped lips :smileysad: maybe i should try the original version? :smileyhappy:

EatYourKimchi

(0) Hearts

wow everyone! i'm very (happily) overwhelmed with your responses! i'm making a list of products that everyone has recommended to me! THANK YOU x 10000000000000000000!!! <3 <3 <3 

allisonniemi

I love the ROSEBUD PERFUME CO. Strawberry Lip Balm!

lsp2005

(0) Hearts

I completely agree with this recommendation.  I too was really reluctant to try a lip balm that I had to stick my finger into, but I am so incredibly happy that I got over that fear as this is the most amazing lip product on earth. My lips are smooth. They no longer chap, and even after the Smith's strawberry balm wears off, I still feel like my lips are great. It does not make me feel like I must reapply it. It is amazing. I cannot recommend it high enough.

chupi

(0) Hearts

The only thing that works for me is all-natural, limited ingredient ones. Olive oil and/or cocoa butter, beeswax, essential oils maybe.

I find Fresh is good for maintaining moisture, but doesn't really help when my lips are already cracked and peeling - kinda sits on top.

celesh

(0) Hearts

I have been using H2O's Lip mender for over a year and won't switch it for anything else! 

another tip i learned is to put balm on, then put some saran wrap on top for a few minutes at night to wake up with new skin the next morning!

chupi

(0) Hearts

I'd probably end up inhaling the plastic wrap!

celesh

(0) Hearts

lol you just put it for a moment and take it out before you actually go to bed! 

chupi

(0) Hearts

I'm going to try that! I do that with my feet!

grayen

(0) Hearts

I quite like fresh sugar lip balms, especially during the day, but my go-to for chapped lips is aquaphor. I slather it on before bed and the days of waking up with cracked, bloody lips are just nightmares now. Most drugstores carry it in small tubes, I think. 

I have also heard good things about the korres lip butters, but I haven't tried them myself.

Chapped lips are such a pain! I hope you find something that works for you soon!

cspriverratz

(0) Hearts

The Korres lip butters are amazing! They rank up there with the Fresh Sugar Lip Balms, both are moisturizing and help with healing. The only difference I can think of is the finish, since one is a balm and the other is a butter. Either way, both are worth a try :smileyhappy:

mychoi

please try to avoid products with menthol or peppermint oil.  I used to use regualr burts bees.  it had peppermint oil in it and now i can't wear or use any products with menthol.  Yes, it feels cool and good, but after awile, your skin may rebel.  It may already be doing so rn.

also, i second Sugar lip balms.  their minis in the fresh gift card holders are only five dollars! That's a steal considering their full sized price! You have to buy online if you don't want to load a gift card with it too, though.  It's totally worth it, but if you're conscious about the sunblock ingredients, I wouldn't recommend it. 

i would also recommend is Bite Beauty's Honey Lip lacquer.  It's really long wearing and made with food grade ingredients. It's sticky, but it keeps my lips hydrated till it's gone.  and it smells sooo good :smileyhappy:  

lilyyy

i had this problem a few days ago. My lips were bright red, dry, and blistered. In the end, I gave up using rose salve, burts bees, and even fresh sugar for plain ole neosporin and it worked!

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

I use Fresh Sugar.  Tokyomilk isn't in tube/bullet form, but it is soothing and nicely flavored.

If you want to give the drugstore another try, Blistex Lip Medex (yes, it's a pot) is the best, followed by Carmex (which is sold in both tube and pot forms).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • chupi
    • celesh
    • mebeval
    • marydiva
    • lilyyy
    • ChicDabbler