samkate

Your perfect "Red Lip"

I'm fixated with finding a matte red lipstick I'd totally love. I'm fair skinned and would prefer something blue-tinted, but still bright, and definitely bold and highly-pigmented. I used to use MAC's Kanga Rouge, but was never totally sold on it. I love, love Tom Ford's Wild Ginger, but it's definitely more of an orange than a red.

What red matte lipstick do you think is best?

abby1016

Re: Your perfect "Red Lip"

(0) Hearts

MUFE aqua rouge in color 8...just don't use the glossy end.

MUFE rouge artist intense color 8 (matte bright red).

good luck!!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

I love NARS Cruella.  It's what I'm wearing in my profile pic.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Hands down Nars Red Lizard! ESP if you like lipstick versus crayon. Nars makes the best lipsticks. This baby lasts through a meal with minimal touch ups needed if even (unless you are eating something really messy/oily). 

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I am also fair skinned and I am not terrbily confident in wearing a red lipstick because I could not find the right shade for me, but recently I got the Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick in Beso (it is described as a true red) and it seems to be everything you are looking for.

image.jpg

It almost seems like you are painting your lips when you are putting it on.  I would definitely recommend using a lip liner to line your lips first, then paint inside the lines.  It truely stays all day (I even wore it in the shower and then brushed my teeth just to test it out, with minimal removal). It dries matte and retains a little moisture on the lips (much better than other long lasting lipsticks or stains I have tried). 

katelynn1230

(0) Hearts

I love Bite's lipstick that comes with the Rouge membership.  I used to wear Mac's Russian Red a lot, but the matte formula is kind of drying.  I didn't realize how great Bite's lipsticks were!  I hear Tannin is a similar color for non-Rouge :smileyhappy:

ashhay

(0) Hearts

My favorite reds that I own are listed below.

1. Guerlain Garconne

2. Hourglass Raven

3. Bite beauty apricot

4. Bite beauty Zivoli

all of the reds listed are either true red, orange red, or brown red colors. I have warm undertones so I try to stay away from blue based reds.

surioara

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm also very fair, and my HG red lip is Bite Beauty's Zivoli

s1321355-main-hero.jpg

vulala

(0) Hearts

Lancôme Rouge in Love 181N is a beautiful matte red. 

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I actually seconds bareMinerals Amazing lipcolor in Strength it isn't exactly matte and it does have some shine to it but its so lovely!IMG_20130817_110045.jpg

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

I second Beso. Pretty good staying power, dries to a matte finish, and has some blue in it.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

Been rocking bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lipcolor in Strength, such a nice red that isn't super shiny but doesn't make my lips dry out. image.jpg

Blueness

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried the red, but the CHANEL matte lipsticks are great! I own two, and they last really long, too. :smileyhappy:

ace2021

(0) Hearts

Dior Addict Extreme Fireworks! Its great 

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

MAC's Ruby Woo

wendyomgwar

I second Dragon girl from Nars its super gorgeous! 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Well i have two Reds that are my Favorite. 

HourGlass Opaque Liquid Lipstick in Icon, A Blue Red

s1439405-main-hero.jpg

true-1.jpeg

And There ^^^ is me wearing it.

And Stila All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso, More brighter than the Hourglass, And it isn't too Orange Based. 

true.jpeg

It was a promo code, so it's half sized, but the full size it a lot bigger. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

The only red matte I've used is Tarte LipSurgence matte in Fiery (3rd one, 1st red swatch).

2013-03-08 16.24.06.jpg

It is definitely cool toned, no hint of orange. You can lightly blot some onto your lips for a pink stain, or apply it straight for a dark cool red as I usually do. The one time I wore it out I got excited compliments and was very memorable.

http://www.sephora.com/lipsurgence-matte-lip-tint-P266116?skuId=1261155

desertbr4t

(0) Hearts

Lime Crime's Red Velvet.......Trust me on this

jordynirene

I've been wearing "RiRi Woo" by MAC as my go to red lip all summer. It's a part of the RiRi Hearts MAC collection so it might be limited edition but I know you can still buy it and it is basically the perfect matte red lipstick. It has a retro matte finish and is a really flattering cool toned red shade. Super bright and in your face pigmentation. I wear it to work almost every day and I get complimented on it so often and it is super long wearing. 

I've also been digging N.Y.X. soft matte lip creams in "Amsterdam" and "Monte Carlo" and they are relatively cheap so very worth trying out.

theramenlover

I personally think that NARS makes some of the best reds out there! I love, love, love Dragon Girl (a true bright red) and Cruella.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • nathaliew
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ashhay
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar