Carmen1986

Your Thoughts - YSL Glossy Stain.

Hey everyone, so lately I been thinking about the YSL Glossy Stain. I actually got a sample pack of 3 colors from Shyam after my face was done. I was curious to know what your thoughts are and what are your favorite shades or what colors are the best in that line. I see it's long wearing which is nice to know. I'm tempted to get one really I want one badly lol.

Anyways share your thoughts :-)

wendyomgwar

Re: Your Thoughts - YSL Glossy Stain.

I like them honestly I do, but the L'Oreal ones are just as good! 

YSL offers more colors.

But on the negative side I think you need to really exfoliate and make sure you don't have any cracks or whatever in your lips or else the color seems to stick there longer than everywhere else. 

mafan

I have the L'Oreal stains, too.  I like both, but I think they're different, at least on me.  Well, let me clarify that I mean the L'Oreal Infallible 24 hour stains.  Those last A LOT longer than the YSL stains.  But they don't stay glossy the way the YSL ones do.  (They're a two part application, stain and then a balm over it.)  I put a L'Oreal on 4 hours ago and it's the exact same color but no gloss.  YSL might have come off a bit but it would stay glossy longer. 

I also think YSL has more vivid colors.  But if you're looking for a really long lasting stain, definitely check out the L'Oreal Infallible stains.  If I didn't take it off tonight I'm sure my lips would still be dark red in the morning from the one application.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

That's true, the L'Oreal doesn't stay glossy. 

Just something else to take into consideration. 

Spyski

[ Edited ]

I find the L'Oreal stains similar to the YSL as well even down to the smell. Although I love how the YSL stains are less sheer and do not change colors like the dupe. But hey, if you're in a rush and want a couple more colors to add to your stain collection try out the L'Oreal ones! :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

I tried the sample i had, OMG, I really like it. Not the particular color i had on, but how it stayed perfectly for hours. I was snacking on things eating a snowcone, and afterwards it was still perfect, I will definitely look more into the colors and see what's best but i must have one! 

NotCrocker

(0) Hearts

I just used the first sample too, and LOVE it! I finished a drink, looked in the mirror. I ate something, looked in the mirror. I kissed my husband, looked in the mirror. Hours later, still looks lovely! Definitely going to pick one up!

beautylovingirl

YAY Arielaaaaaaa!:heart:

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol, I FINALLY got the chance to try them! I'm so happy! Haha

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Congrats :-D

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

So far I only received the samples but I am going ot the store this weekend to find a color I love because i did like the samples but i need more of an everyday color. 

heres no.7

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

oops forgot the pics :smileysad:

heres no.7- I actually do love this one but want a little more pinkish.

ysl no7.jpg

heres no.9- this one is more red than the pic shows

ysl no9.jpg

gongju87

(0) Hearts

I have 17, 15 and 19! 19 is my everyday, and 15 and 17 are more of a statement lip.

I would def go in store to try them out. For instance, I never thought I would like 17; it looked so purple in the bottle. BUT the moment I put it on, I was in love!

melisa16

(0) Hearts

Do you think you can post lip swatches of 17 and 19? I have been looking at those shades online since the Sephoras near me don't carry YSL :/

shinybananas

[ Edited ]

I just got my first one today in no. 1, Violet Edition. 

DTalksAll

Sorry, but who/what is Shyam? 

I know you've been on here for a while, so it's safe to say that just about everyone on here is OBSESSED with the glossy stains! 

It's more or less trying to narrow down which color will be your first. 

I usually don't wear reds, because many of them don't look good on me & I'm not into lipstick. After swatching a bunch in store over a year ago, I decided 20 Rouge Enamel would be my first. I loved the gloss/stain aspect of it, and the color complimented me nicely. It wasn't long until I got 15 Rose Vinyl, then 12 Coril Fauve. 

For the fall this year I wanted something a bit darker & get out of my pink comfort zone. I fell in love with the swatches I saw of the rebel nudes & quickly had 2 of the pinks in my cart. UGH! So I took those out & got 107 Naughty Mauve. When I got it I almost wanted to return it. It's a little lighter than what I wanted for fall, but it has a really pretty duotone purple shift, that actually stays once it wears off to a stain. So I'm keeping it & still trying to figure out what will be my next one. 

I suggest looking at a lot of swatches on-line (Temptalia & Karla Sugar are great places to start) and then trying some out in store. 

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hahaha hey Dannyc, Shyam is one of the senior cast memebers at Sephora. He had worked for them 2 yrs but has extensive experience in every aspect from cosmetics to skincare to fragrance. He's also worked for MAC and a few other places. Does runway models and TV I believe and met Versace. Sorry if I go on about him lol he's just that awesome. 

Candy357

@emmaclaire, thank you. I am joining you on your comment.

I didn't like them either. I couldn't get past the OLDSCHOOL lipstick smell. And it didn't stay on well at all. I need one that stays on GOOD and doesn't transfer anywhere else, also one that I didn't have to re-apply so much. Currently the Kat Von D foiled lip stick is the one that has worked perfect compared to this one.

I love the case though and the color.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

can anyone comment on how this compares to the ysl sheer candy balms?

DTalksAll

they aren't as moisturizing because they are gloss that dries down to a stain. The Sheer Candies are a tinted lip balm. 

I just apply some lip balm 30 minutes before putting on a glossy stain & I have no problems with chapped lips, even in the winter. 

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Some of mine are:beige aquarella.jpg#19 Beige Aquarellaysl 17.jpg#17 Encre Roseysl glossy stain -rose tempura.jpg

#13 Rose Tempuraysl #5 Rouge Vintage.jpg#5Rouge Vintage
ysl rose vinyl.jpg

#15 Rose Vinyl

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa