emmaclaire

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains

Alright, so this is embarrassing.  I ordered this based off the hype from some of my favorite beauty bloggers and the love it gets here on BT, but now I have it and I'm....confused.

I thought this was essentially a very shiny stain that lasted all day and wouldn't transfer.  One beauty blogger described it as the biggest innovation in lip products in recent memory, she said it dried down in a minute or two and felt like a layer of smooth, almost plastic-y but soft awesomeness.

Er....I don't see how I could use this as anything other than a lipgloss.  I'm so sad, I wanted it to be amazing!!

Am I putting it on wrong?  Is there some sort of trick to getting it to dry?  Did I completely misunderstand what the product actually does?

Blech.  Please help me figure out how to make this work, it's such a pretty color!

beautylovingirl

Re: YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains

I just apply one coat and don't press my lips together or anything let dry for 5 minutes then apply the second coat let it dry and then done. Don't be embarrassed it's not a big deal it doesn't really say how to use it and it took me a couple of days to figure out how to do it! Hope this helps!

emmaclaire

Thank you!  I'll experiment some more with it using your suggestion!

Spyski

First off, I understand your confusion as I thought this with the first couple of applications as well. It gets better, atleast for me.

Just to be clear, some of the shades do have a slight bit of shimmer in them, you can tell that by the swatches on Sephora. I find that the non-shimmer shades don't give me that long wearing gloss oppose to the shimmer shades. I don't know why, but maybe the shimmer tricks me into thinking my lips are glossier looking throughout the day than the non-shimmer shades. 

I usually put on a couple of layers since it is quite sheer, and notice the more layers I put on the more drying it can be later in the day. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since it's really not THAT drying on my lips which are chapped from the sun. The drying time after application was about 15 minutes, which never really dried per say. Just wasn't moveable, transferable. Maybe try to wait it out or try the too faced lip primer underneath?

I didn't see the product as very transferable after eating/drinking, there was a slight rim of colored shimmer around the coffee cup, but not enough where I needed to touch up. The non-shimmer was a little more transferable, but still not enough for a touch up. The only touch ups I've done were about 6 hours into my day. 

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchases and the #7 has been the most grabbed as of lately. 

emmaclaire

Thank you!!!  I think I just need to wait longer for it to dry down.  I bought #20, which is gorgeous and shimmery, so I have a lot more hope now that it will do what I thought it would.  I appreciate the advice and input!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • beautylovingirl
    • Spyski