gongju87

YSL Glossy Stains dupe??? Say whaaaaat?

So today I was looking at some swatches of the Rebel Nudes and up comes tons of beauty bloggers swearing that Loreal's Colour Riches Wet Shines are identical dupes?

Has anyone tried the Loreal dupes? Thoughts?

I'm pretty devoted to my YSL Glossy Stains, BUT, I'm open to alternatives since I use my glossy stains everyday and always dread refilling colors due to the price tag.

vanillammm

Re: YSL Glossy Stains dupe??? Say whaaaaat?

(0) Hearts

I just saw the maybelline Elixir gloss in my local store, and it looks like another attempt at a ysl glossy stain dupe. Nice color range.

elixirglossset.jpg

solveig

(0) Hearts

I actually like L'Oreal Wet Shines a bit more than YSL Glossy Stains. To me, Glossy Stains are still a little sticky and have a stronger scent, two reasons why I generally dislike lip glosses. Granted, the drugstore shade range is limited mostly to various pink shades, which is not an issue for me, since I prefer pink-based lip colors anyway.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

@jojobe holy smokes! Has no ideal L'Oreal owns such a variety of Luxe brands! I've noticed that a lot of time Loreal and Lancôme have similar stuff, so this explains it!

gongju87

(0) Hearts

I may get one or 2 to try out since most places have buy one get one free deals...but it sounds like they don't really compare to the originals, thanks for all the feedback ladies

missfawnie

(0) Hearts

A beauty vlogger that I watch religiously has recently compared the new NYX Lip Butters to YSL Glossy Stains. They're really moisturizing, too, which is fantastic. :smileyhappy:

NotCrocker

(0) Hearts

I have tried a few and agree that while they are kind of similar, they lack colour variety, pigmentation isn't as good, and the gloss is significantly less long-lasting. It is a good way to try the general formula type, but definitely not a perfect dupe.

jojobe

(0) Hearts

Here is Luxe brands L'Oreal owns...

Products DivisionProfessional Products DivisionActive Cosmetics DivisionThe Body Shop

L’Oréal Luxe

L’Oréal Luxe products are available at department stores, cosmetics stores, travel retail, but also own-brand boutiques and dedicated e-commerce websites.

Lancôme

Discover the brand Lancôme Giorgio Armani Beauty

Discover the brand Giorgio Armani Beauty Yves Saint Laurent Beauté

Discover the brand Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Biotherm

Discover the brand Biotherm Kiehl’s

Discover the brand Kiehl’s Ralph Lauren

Discover the brand Ralph Lauren Shu Uemura

Discover the brand Shu Uemura Cacharel

Discover the brand Cacharel Helena Rubinstein

Discover the brand Helena Rubinstein Clarisonic

Discover the brand Clarisonic Diesel

Discover the brand Diesel Viktor&Rolf

Discover the brand Viktor&Rolf Yue Sai

Discover the brand Yue Sai Maison Martin Margiela

Discover the brand Maison Martin Margiela

Missie772

(0) Hearts

YSL is owned by Loreal so that is why they are dupes.

I bought one just to try it and it isn't that great... I love my YSL Glossy Stains much better. It has better wear time and a better scent.

beethousand

(0) Hearts

I have two of the L'Oreal - they are very, very similar to the glossy stains, but they aren't quite as nice imo. The color range isn't as wide as the Glossy Stains and the colors aren't as opaque/vibrant. The staying power doesn't seem to be as great either, but I have the coral and the berry ones from the L'Oreal line and most of my YSL ones are darker colors. The L'Oreal also seems stickier to me. The applicator is very, very similar. They're quite nice, especially if you've never tried a GS before, but the color range issues keeps me purchasing the YSL version instead of the L'Oreal.

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

Hmm, going to have to pick some up and test them!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • solveig
    • Missie772
    • vanillammm
    • beethousand
    • NotCrocker