nesnes

What lipstick magic are you? Elodie Yung's lipstick?

[ Edited ]

Hello, dear Sephoristas,

I am searching for a very specific lipstick/shade which was worn by Elodie Yung:

And you know how it is, when you see something and you overfocus on this one little detail! The lipstick! Do you know which lipshtick it could be?

mkupgk

Re: What lipstick magic are you? Elodie Yung's lipstick?

I love anything orangey on my lips

image.jpg

nesnes

thank you so much, after reading all the beautysmartness, I signed up for the illamasqua-return and I ran over to sephora. turns out the buxom is too sheer for me but I got the tars and also the sephora-fairy suggested to pick up "heartbreaker" by sephora collection, which is my superfavorite now!

for now!

So happy to get your helpful answers - - - so great. thank you! yours nesnes

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Glad we could help, and it's good that now you have a variety of products to play with! Bright lips are such a fun statement for Spring and Summer!

melissabt

Hi Nesnes-

You already have some spot on suggestions! I just wanted to add another one. I also suggest the new Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Swinger - vivid magenta.

buxom magenta.jpg

You can also layer it over a brighter pink/magenta.

Buxom Monte Carlo - magenta

monte.jpg

<3 Melissa
lylysa

Found a swatch of Swinger, Melissa!

swfupload_7631922961086578083.png

emmaclaire

Sorry, lylysa is totally right, the Illamasqua lipstick is pretty darn sheer.  However, I guess Illamasqua has a correlating (intentionally or not) "intense" lipgloss - the color is called "Boost" and it's also gorgeous, seems to be on track as well!

swfupload_1682886730698632560.jpg

Alternatively, you could probably layer that gloss over a light blue-toned pink lipstick to get the sheen from the picture.

lylysa

That photo is gorgeous, good find, Emmaclaire! We're totally going covering a range of options for Nesnes to pick from depending on if she wants sheer, glossy, or bold color pay off!

*high five* :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

Credit goes to the always amazing Temptalia for the photo - there's a great review as well!

We make quite a team! *secret handshake* :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

I'm just getting lost in all the speckles of color O_O! Thank goodness for beauty bloggers and the internet for swatches! Whooo!

Team Lip Color Match, go!!!!!

lylysa

[ Edited ]

swfupload_3003690529419095555.jpg
From looking at the photo from the link you posted, it appear's Yung's lip color is a very blue/violet based pink, making it very cool.

After some searching, and with the guide below of OCC Lip Tar mixing suggestions, taking Katricia and Anime seems to produce a solid, blue toned fuchsia, since Sephora doesn't carry Katricia, Hoochie is a shade also from OCC that could mix well with Anime to produce the same shade.

swfupload_7334527961877800366.png

The key with working with the Lip Tars is using a small, bead-sized amount, mix it together on a palette on clean lips or ones prepped with lip balm/clear lip liner to prevent feathering (if you use lip balm, let it soak in for about 5 minutes so lips aren't slippery or sticky with product). The Lip Tars are like liquid lipsticks so a small amount goes a long way, they don't need to be applied thick like a gloss.

Hoochie:

Anime:

Or you can even pick up OCC's Lip Tar Version 2 Kit with fuchsia and purple shades (including some neutrals and a white to mix):

The lipstick Emmaclaire suggested would give you a much more sheer version of Yung's shade:

swfupload_860198574476121518.jpg

emmaclaire

Hm, I don't know for SURE, but it really looks like Illamasqua's "Underworld" swfupload_6904595595708618920.jpg

Which is out of stock at the moment, but you can ask to be emailed when it comes back in.  I'm sure you could also recreate that color with OCC Lip Tars, too, but you would have to get a couple different colors.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • mkupgk
    • nesnes
Photos9