callmefafi

What lipgloss surprised you and is now your holy grail?

I'm addicted to Beso by Urban Decay's Naked line! I didn't think I would like it but I got another during the sale even though my first isn't even half way gone. It keeps my lips soft and moisturized...which is a hard thing to do with my dry, chapped lips. I like it more than Fresh's line. I would love to hear what you all can't live without??!!

killahbabe

Re: What lipgloss surprised you and is now your holy grail?

I've also seen them labeled as: Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquer Lip Stain, just in case you don't see them labeled as wetshine stain.

Here's what they look like:

loreal.jpg

(This is the pink resistance color which I also bought!)

gingerblack

Same! I've heard so many good things from you guys. I really need to pick some up.

poemelyric

Lancome's Gloss in Love in Under the Spotlight.  I just bought it because I needed $20 to get my GWP and I've really been falling head over heels for anything Fuchsia so I made the jump and bought it.  I don't find it to be sticky at all.  It's good for a Saturday afternoon out but at night, I still break out YSL Golden Gloss.

bad823

Another fan of NYX Butter Gloss! I'm so happy my local CVS started carting this line, items are always in stock, no opened/swatched then put back on rack, right around the corner from my house (unlike Ulta on all accounts) and  they were just on sale! I'm suddenly into glosses, looking forward to trying more lines.

mrsstory

I'm enjoying this thread!

I've noticed a couple people mention the Lancôme Lip Lover line.  I'm weird about smells.  Like I can't stand the smell/taste of Estee Lauder's lipcolors.  I've rec'd them in GWPs, tried once, and tossed.  I've seen other people complain about the smell of the Nars lip glosses, but that doesn't bug me (slight lanolin smell).  I've noticed that all the Lancôme skincare products I've used have a smell.  I wish they didn't have a smell, but it tends to dissipate quickly, and it's not like the horrible Estee Lauder lipcolor smell. 

So do the Lip Lover products have a smell?  If so, how would you describe it?  They look pretty, but I don't want to mess with them if they have a strong scent.  BTW -- I had a deluxe sample size of a Lancôme mascara that I used only once, because I noticed a perfume-y smell when applying, and still smelled it later in the car.  That's how much it bugs me. 

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I did not notice a scent to the Lip Lovers. I'm not very sensitive to scents, but mildly. 

carrieloulou

I don't buy much from the drugstore, but I adore NYX Butter Glosses.

infinitise

I'm not someone who likes to add colors to makeup.. I don't even wear blushes 

I love love Dior's Addict lip glow 

it turns into a different color for different people and on me its a sheer coral nude pink 

upload_6812677862429015847.jpg

m3rma1d

(0) Hearts

Love this!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the coral! It's not like the other types of MLBB products since it's also an actual hydrating balm! It's one of the few items I have repurchased countless times. 

kbmatthews

I LOVE Dior Addict lip glow, too! Definitely the only lipgloss I'll buy multiple times.

callmefafi

This is similar to Tarte's Energy.  It can be a nice blush pink or a deep red lip stain. It is one of my favorites but not my holy grail.  I'm afraid of wearing red lips on a daily basis because my lips are very full. But, most people always compliment me on my lipstick when I'm wearing it.

upload_7703148431527455228.jpg

HelloCoffee

MUFE lab shine glosses....they aren't very pigmented, but they are so so so comfortable to wear and are very shiny. My favorites are D20 which is a great mandarin/coral (and I happen to like Dungeons and Dragons, too so having a gloss called D20 is a win-win for me) and S20 a pinky-violet.

s1304575-main-hero.jpgs1304690-main-hero.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/lab-shine-lip-gloss-P278012?skuId=1304609

elsielee

I absolutely LOVE Marc Jacobs Overprotected lipgloss. It's the perfect pink for my lips!

cdiamond

Lancome Lip Lover in Fuchsia Attitude!!!! I have to pick up some more colors!! 

melissabt

Ohh my fav is Buxom Lavender Cosmo, I like to wear it over my fav pink shades.

lavender cosmo.jpg

<3 Melissa
firefly02

Mac's Oyster Girl - it's not so much the color (though it is a lovely shimmery pinky shade), as it's the way it glides over my chapped lips, making them look freaking perfect. I can't find another lipgloss that does that.

mpolansky

[ Edited ]

NYX Butter Glosses - amazing on their own or laying over a lipstick! My absolute favorite shade is Merenge.

Bite beauty Deconstructed Rose lip gloss library - If anyone has the agave lip mask from Bite, these have that same melt into your lips feeling! I love it. I prefer these on their own. Not sure the name of it but I've been loving the lightest pink shade and the coral shade.

Lancome Gloss in Love - these are amazing as well. So smooth and not sticky at all. 

I was never a lip gloss girl until I found these!

blushnglow

Picked up the Buxom Go Nude duo standing in line.... and love the Lip Cream in White Russian!! Tingles a bit upon application but that wears off.  The first time I used it I felt my lips naturally exfoliate the dry layer then my lips were super soft and I believe it helped to improve my lip condition even without it. My lips are super moisturized and lasts for hours without having to re-apply..  Highly recommend the duo as well... gives a great nude lip without any sparkle.

plm95

-Urban Decay Lip Junkie - it lasts awhile on me and I love the minty smell :smileyhappy:

-Buxom Lip Polish/ Cream - once again I love the minty smell and there are sooo many colors! 

-And finally Jack Black Lip Balm - I guess its a balm, but I wear it by itself as a gloss some days. I was hesitant to purchase a higher end lip balm, but now I'm never going back!

LariTheLoud

Ugh, I love lip glosses, but texture is a big thing for me. A few of my favorite lines include--

NYX butter glosses. Probably my favorite drug store line of lip gloss.

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish. So many shades. So many shades. I really love the sparkly nudes and peaches. I've been layering Sarina on top of a lot of lipsticks lately to give them a little bit more depth, shine, and sparkle, but I'm also a huge fan of Celeste.

Urban Decay Freestyle. Considering I also like Sarina and Celeste, probably no surprise that I'm drawn to this shade... but I still don't really feel compelled to buy additional shades in the naked gloss line.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 57 replies
  • 71 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire
    • poemelyric
    • waterbaby1981