Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

What lip color looks go on asian women for the summer? Lipstick? lipgloss? What brand in drugstore and High end?

Hi I'm trying to figure what summer color looks go on asian women? I have golden skin tone. Do I use lipstick or lipgloss during the summer? Does lipgloss dried peoples lips in the summer?

Re: What lip color looks go on asian women for the summer? Lipstick? lipgloss? What brand in drugstore and High end?

It would depend on your skin tone and whether you like your lipsticks lightweight or deep.  I've found that tints from brands like Fresh work on me (and just about EVERYONE, I suppose).  I bought one of BITE Beauty's new Liquified Lipsticks (thanks to early access on the app) in Chutney and I think it's great:2017-07-15 17.45.59.jpg

YSL's Glossy Stain Lip Color in Rouge Fusion (46) is universally pretty and I'm also in love with Besamé Cosmetics' Classic Color Lipsticks.  I recently purchased Merlot and Red Velvet, but have not tried the former.  The latter (Red Velvet 1946) looks like this on me:

2017-07-18 11.22.17.jpgI hope this helps! 🙂

RE: What lip color looks go on asian women for the summer? Lipstick? lipgloss? What brand in drugstore and High end?

I also have golden toned Asian skin. I have found that Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in Double Dare and Smashbox always on in Drivers Seat both look flattering on my skin tone. They are both similar in color which is a darker coral like everyday shade. They are both matte and also long wearing which is a plus.

Re: What lip color looks go on asian women for the summer? Lipstick? lipgloss? What brand in drugstore and High end?

Hey there! I'm also Asian with golden-toned skin and honestly any colour that isn't too cool-toned looks great on our lips. Since it's summer, definitely take advantage of wearing peachy or orange colours, which in my opinion look great on me. You can use lipstick or lipgloss but I find that gloss is much easier to use because you reapply it often and it can layer well. 

Your lipgloss shouldn't be drying out your lips if you use a hydrating one. I absolutely love the Marc Jacobs and Too Faced Sweet Peach lipglosses. Literally any shade of the TF Sweet Peach gloss will look fantastic on you (I have all of them). 

Avoid cooler tone lipsticks like dark mauves, browns, and purple-toned shades. They always make me look dead.

@nicoletop994

yes, try the sephoravirtualartist.com

And if you are totally at a loss, see if one of these 4 works for you:

Urban Decay's 1993 lipstick (matte pink brown)

Urban Decay's ex-girlfriend lipstick (sheer pink brown)

Nars' Orgasm Lipgloss (sheer coral with sparkle)

Bite Beauty's Cashew Lipstick 

I loves reds - 

Urban Decay's badblood & Chanel's Rouge Allure Ink's Choquant or Libere...

Have heaps of fun. 🙂  

Hi @nicoletop994,

One of the lip glosses I'm loving is Anastasia BH.  The scent is pretty strong upon application (think vanilla frosting), but it goes away fairly quickly.  The formula is great and so is the pigmentation.  🙂  

I think it depends on your preference with what finish to go with (matte vs gloss vs cream).  I like a variety of finishes but will always pick a gloss over a matte because I like a hi-shine look most of the time. 

I also think what colors you choose are up to you and your preference as well and I wouldn't worry about how things look as much as if you want to wear them or not.  If it's a look that YOU like, go for it!

That being said, some looks that I love for summer are:

• dewy natural looking skin 
  • a sultry bronze eye look
  • a golden eye look with dramatic black lashes 
  • peach lips (MJ, Buxom & Too Faced have some pretty peach lipgloss options)
  • orange/coral lips 
  • soft pink lips 
  • sheer berry lips (think: a less saturated version of the berry look for fall)

Again, its completely up to you and I encourage you to head to your local Sephora and play around!  If you've ever done Sephora's Color IQ, you can also put in that info into the app and search for lip colors that are best suited for your skin/undertone.  It def eliminates a lot of work out of the "what nude works for me?" but I'd still go visit the store to see it in person first.  And if you haven't done the Color IQ yet, you can do that for free at Sephora and while there, get a little lip mini done too. 

Hope that helps!

Thank You so much! I'm new about learning into makeup.

I think anything goes, and it just depends on your preferences! I personally am loving coral lipsticks for summer. I'm also loving the new Nars Lip Tints right now.

Some of us here are Asian, and you'll find us posting lipstick pictures on the lipstick threads. Check them out.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Who-runs-the-world-Bold-lip/td-p/2778636

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Spring-2017-Lipstick-Challenge/m-p/2733982#M43599

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • 2017-07-15 17.45.59.jpg
  • 2017-07-18 11.22.17.jpg
testing