staringatstars

What is your favorite vampy lipstick?

I really want to get a deep red color (I know it's summer but I can't wait for the fall and winter!) and was wondering what your favorite brands/colors are! Also, what do you wear with your deep red lip color?

makeuplover989

Re: What is your favorite vampy lipstick?

OCC Black Dahlia, MAC Diva, MAC Rebel, Kat Von D Homegirl. I really like to pair mine with light taupe colors on the eyes (the ones leaning towards purple) and winged liner. Or if you want a more runway style look, just do some really good mascara and fake lashes with your lip and you are good to go :smileyhappy:

melissabt

(0) Hearts

My fav vamp lip is a combo of the Sephora Collection Color Lip Last in 21 Meet My Pink - purple-pink satin and 23 Elegant In Brown - deep mauve. I like to do a sort of ombre with it. I wore it last holiday and a lot of people asked me what shade it was!

vamp 1.jpgvampt 2.jpg

Both are matte shades.

<3 Melissa
staringatstars

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll have to stop by and try all of them myself. I'm a little nervous since I've never even tried something dark, but hopefully I'll find the right shade.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Nars Train Bleu for sure!!

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

I would recommend NARS Fire Down Below.  It's a rich deep red lipstick that has a lot pigments and doesn't dull your skin, instead,  I love it because it seems to brighten up my face whenever I wear it.

mxcx

(0) Hearts

Clinique's Almost Lipstick - Black Honey! 

You can sheer this one out to be a flirtsy tint or build it up for more intensity. (: Super pretty and not difficult to wear at all. I also usually do a neutral, matte eye with a softer brown pencil liner instead of liquid liner because the lipstick is already so bold. 

BlushHoarder

I have a ton of these...

Here they are in no particular order.

1. "Media" - MAC

2. "Sin" MAC

3. "Dramatic Encounter" - MAC

4. "Cyber" - MAC

5. "Boyfriend Stealer" - MAC

6. "Firm Form" - MAC

7. "Diva" - MAC

8. "Rebel" - MAC

9. "Desire" - MAC

10. "Good to be bad" - MAC

11. "Lead the Way" - BareMinerals Moxie

12. "Homegirl" - Kat Von D

13. "Black Cherry" - Smashbox

14. "Black Plum" - Smashbox

15. "Fast Ride" - Nars

16."Train Bleu" - Nars

17. "Apocalypse" - Urban Decay

So yeah... those are just my favorites....

mxcx

I love Apocalypse by Urban Decay! But I think ever since they reformulated and repackaged their lipsticks, that one's discontinued? ): Or maybe they just renamed it, but I don't seem to be able to find it on the Urban Decay website or Sephora..

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

You may be right.... I recall about six months ago that had a major sale on these... I picked up the assortment... like eight pencils for $50.

Maybe they were clearing inventory....

Thanks for the heads up. I will use it slower now.

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

oooh and one more

18. YSL #3

poemelyric

I love OCC's Black Dahlia.  It's deeper than a blood red and you can put a little on for a deep red stain or go all out with the black/red vampy lip.  I usually wear it with black... it just completes the look, lol!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • melissabt
    • makeuplover989
    • carolang
    • BlushHoarder
    • LolaVal