syritt

What is your favorite lip balm?

I've been using Fresh Advanced Therapy, and it is great, but I want to try something new. (The other Fresh Sugar lips are good too, but sheer color is just not flattering on me.)

I'd love to hear what all your favorite lip balms/treatments are and why. ^_^

DrWould

Re: What is your favorite lip balm?

(0) Hearts

I recently bought Alba's Coconut Cream Hawaiian lip balm and I really like it! Before that I was using the "nourishing" Burt's Bees one and I thought it was too creamy/shiny and my lipstick wouldn't stick onto it, although I do like the plain beeswax one. But Alba's is really light, not sticky at all, and lipstick goes on top nice and smooth! Plus, I ordered it online for under $2! But judging by everyone else's responses, I really need to try the EOS ones.

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

@syritt: (cool name, btw) thanks. :smileyhappy:

newermexico

EOS Disney collections, latest...?alice in wonderland; blueberry, vanilla...etc.

brows love it also...works wonders.

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Never thought about using it for eyebrows! I will have to try it.

Londonlover101

I love EOS lip balms! my favorite is cool mint. :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

soap & glory's a great kisser, and for drug store, i love cover girl's lip smoochies in tweet me. smells like cherries and is the prettiest sheer red color :smileyhappy: i also really like maybelline's baby lips :smileyhappy: eos are great, but they're a bit bulky so can be a little less portable if you're not wanting to carry a purse :smileyhappy: 

syritt

(0) Hearts

Wow, sounds like I need to try EOS. Those look like so much fun. ^_^

And the lush scrubs look good! I really want to try the mint one. It's been a while since I've shopped Lush. I used to use their bath bombs (and a few other things) all the time, but then they kept discontinuing my favorites. Then I was really sad when I found out how many Lush products had parabens. Ick. Gotta be super careful what I get from there.

@Midnightangel - That is super amazing that you make your own.

invisiblebike

[ Edited ]

At night, I apply Eucerin Aquaphor to my lips. During the day, I use the Aquaphor formulated for lips b/c it's less gloopy, give it a little time to sink in, then apply my lipstick/lip stain/whatever.

My lips used to be really dry and flaky, but now they're soft and smooth. I still need occasional exfoliation, but it was a huge improvement. PLUS, it's cheap and a multitasker. You can apply aquaphor to dry, cracked skin anywhere on your body. It's also good for minor burns.

midnightangel

@jellybean917: (great name btw) Not at all! :smileyhappy:

My most recent ones were made by melting down regular lip balm with bits of eyeliner and lipstick (for color) and a small amount of oil serum (for extra moisture), mixing the melted solution together and then pouring it into empty lip balm containers.

Then I froze them for a few hours to take shape, then let them thaw to air tempterature. They look great if I do say so myself...my boyfriend even tried one yesterday. lol

midnightangel

Honestly, my favorite lip balms are the ones I make myself.

jellybean917

What do you use to make your own? If you don't mind sharing! :smileyhappy:

meleficent

I love Smith's Minted Rose lip balm.  It smells wonderful and has a nice little tingle.  It's really moisturizing.  The only little downside is that it comes in a pot so I have to use my fingers.  

carolang

EOS lip balms. I use the yellow one during the day (SPF 15), the orange one if my lips are suffering (healing version), but my favorite overall is the pomegranate raspberry. You can still feel them in the morning. For the price and quality they can't be beat. Plus I like the little spherical packaging!

prosopon

I am a lip balm junkie! I have different liip balm/lip butter/what ever you call it products for different purposes.

Spring/summer over night: any EOS or Yes to Carrots lip butter in mint (they are both hydrating enough that I can still feel them on my lips in the morning)

Fall/winter over night: fresh Sugar lip treatment or Yu Be moisturizing skin cream (they are a heavier formula, especially Yu Be but be warned it has a very strong smell)

Before other lip products:  Blistex five star lip protection (it does a decent job on its own, I do have to reapply throughout the day, but it is excellent under other lip products and I like that it has spf 30)

Anytime favorites:  i will use any of the above mentioned anytime, but I also like Korres lip butters (though I am not a fan of putting my finger in the product) and Burt's Bees +Soothing

Products that I did not like:

Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness (did nothing)

Vaseline lip therapy (did nothing)

Ole Henriksen fresh lips (did not like the formula, too watery/messy for me)

Good luck finding your next lip balms!

LCResz

Dr. Weil's for Origins Conditioning Lip Balm with Tumeric. My lips tend to crack but this balm has really helped to keep my lips in better shape. No scent, no strong taste (but if you don't like tumeric the hint of flavor might turn you off).

clarks18

Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm.  It is so moisturizing and it locks in the moisture so you don't have to reapply it every 5 minutes.  One little tin of it will last you forever too.

DesertRose0706

A really good one is NUXE NUXE Reve de Miel - Honey Lip Balm.  you can find it on Amazon.  it is a thicker consistency, but once you put it on, it really stays on your lips for hours.  I put it on before bed and when I wake up, I can still fell a good amount of it on.  And aafterusing it for about 1 week, my lips became super hydrated!

PoesRevy

Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping LipBalm...personally I would had never thought rose scented balm on lips, but it works! I often use it at night. The scent is soft and I have never felt like I have a mouth full of rose flowers!

Korres Lip Butter because it gives a little shine with moisture and also has (sheer) color choices.

My 2 all around, multi usage picks are Josie Maran
Argan Balm and Rosebud Perfume Co.
Rosebud Salve in a Tube....they are great to use for other areas (like elbows, cuticles, etc and lips) :smileyhappy:

Geminichilde

Co-signing with everyone about EOS, love them! I like Maybelline baby lips too.

olivanova

EOS Lip Balm Spheres! Yay for moisturizing without the oily feeling. Love the minty one.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • ChicDabbler
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • invisiblebike
    • syritt
    • clarks18