Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

What is the most nourishing lip product you've used?

My lips are dealing with some serious wintertime blues, and they could use some help! Can you recommend any products that could help restore my lips and combat dryness/flaking? You can definitely tell they need help whenever I use a matte lipstick. Thanks! 

Re: What is the most nourishing lip product you've used?

High-end, I'm pro-Bite Agave Mask, and Fresh is also fantastic.

If you need to keep it cheap, then go really cheap and get some Aquaphor.

@Anonymous,

I also totally forgot about the this new balm that I tried, it is my current favorite!

https://www.sephora.com/product/buttermask-intense-repair-lip-treatment-P432239?icid2=products%20grid:p432239:product

❤️ Melissa

@Anonymous,

I love the Agave Lip Mask! I sometimes apply it while I am doing my make up to help prep my lips for the lipstick.

https://www.sephora.com/product/agave-lip-mask-P384629?skuId=2033306&icid2=products%20grid:p384629

❤️ Melissa

What is the most nourishing lip product you've used?

My top two are the amore pacific moisture bound lip and the first aid beauty lip treatment. Both make dry crusty lips disappear with the first use.

ByTerry Baume de Rose crystalline (sadly not offered by Sephora).

Aerin lip conditioner (you only need a tiny bit)

Sheesh I know this struggle.

My top picks are Ole Henriksen's African red tea exfoliating lip balm. It's good but it's gritty...But the grittiness exfoliates so, it's a very unusual product. I do enjoy it though. I also like Nuxe's lip balm but I've gone back and forth on it. I'm never "sure" I love it, but I do feel it hydrates my lips. One more - honest beauty's magic balm. But..It tastes terrible. Probably the most effective of these three if you can get past that.

So yeah, I basically have 3 products that have pros and cons. If I ever find a lip balm that is all pros and no cons, I promise to yell from the rooftops in celebration. It will be a great day.

I want to add what didn't work for me:

Chapstick/EOS/other drugstore: ineffective

Bite beauty lip masks: ugh I hated these, sorry bc I know some people love them but I thought they did nothing at all

Body shop lip balm: feels great! doesn't have any long term benefits. Waste of money if you're looking for a treatment balm. Won't ever buy again.

Anonymous Insider

I always thought, unlike face products, there must be one single best lip moisturizing product (since lips aren't like facial skin??). I guess not. 

Carmex works best for me...... I struggle with chronic dry lips and tried so many things in the market (some costing over $100)...

My top favourite are Sephora collection lip balm the one currently in sale section and Caudalie lip balm. I have tried tons of lip balms and these two work best for me.

Fresh sugar lip treatment, clear in the brown tube, is my favorite, pricey ($29cad) but I really like it.

I concur with this too!  I've tried other lip balms and treatments and Fresh is just the best at making my lips look their best.

My HG lip balm is unfortunately the By Terry Baume De Rose!  I say unfortunately, bc it's so pricey.  But a pot of it lasts me FOREVER!  I like the colored ones as well!

I use Nuxe Reve de Miel at night-time and then either Jack Black or Cerave healing ointment in the day-time. The Cerave isn't actually a lipbalm but I've had no issues using it as such and it's great if your lips are painfully dry and sensitive. I think I'm allergic to the Bite Agave Mask but before I had a reaction I really liked it for overnight use.

To scrub my lips I just use a dab of vaseline and some brown sugar 🙂

Anonymous Insider

So many fantastic suggestions!!! Thank you all for posting your picks! I'm going to do a little shopping and a lot of testing, and thanks to your suggestions I will have nice, moisturized lips 🙂 

AmorePacific Moisture Bound Lip Treatment is without a doubt the best product I've ever used on my lips. I haven't had chapped lips since I started using it.

It's $35 for a tube, but I'm on my first tube and it's lasted me a YEAR(with twice daily use)! I bought a backup 8 months ago and haven't needed to open it, lol.

It seems to be out of stock on Sephora, I hope they didn't stop carrying it.

I highly recommend Neosporin lip health overnight renewal therapy.  It is creamy and a little goes a long way!  My sister had major issues with drying and flaking around her lips and this helped a lot.  I have also been using it for the past few days and it has performed wonderfully!

Have it using it for years and it has been the best for me by far. During the day I use sugar and my lips have not cracked anymore. 

I totally agree with this!  I've used this myself over the last few years and I don't suffer from chapped lips anymore. Use a little at night and you're good to go. It's not at all greasy and doesn't have any scent or taste either

My favorites! I love the travel friendly container - I've used BITE, Tatcha, Basically Every Fresh Sugars, Glamglow, Rouge Coco Chanel, Vaseline for lips, Burts Bee's, Embryolise, The Body Shop, Miisha, Khiels, Shiseido, Rose Bud Salve's - but I always come back to these two... TF has a Vanilla scent, the most memorable moment was when I just came back from spring break back in the day from my Esthetics Class and one of the girls was like... you got lip filler over the break huh? I was just wearing TF!

Aerin is a Rose Scent, I cannot stand Rose Mist Facial Sprays, but Aerin's lip balm is very subtle and does not bother me, it's a bit thicker than the TF one but keeps your lips nourished all day (even all night if you put it on before bed)

tf

aerin 

Thanks for suggesting the TF! Just got it a few days ago and I am so in love with it ❤️ 

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • nuxe_ultranourisinglipbalm__900x900.jpg
  • 1460561299-fp-nuxe-reve-de-miel-stick-levres-face-ouvert-2015-01.png
  • Lip_Balm_Mango.jpg
  • Lip_Balm_Coconut.jpg
  • 02small-280x280.jpg
  • upload_8821138752534231881.jpg
  • s1782192-main-Lhero.jpg
  • upload_6398991664926109662.jpg
  • upload_7293110211741902385.jpg
  • FullSizeRender 19.jpg