princessbrenna
Accepted Solution

What is a good replacement more Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment?

After recieving last year's birthday gift (trial sizes of two Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments), I love it so much that I decided to spend over $20 on a lipbalm...regretting it so much now because I love the product but can't bring myself to buy another because of the cost. What else is out there that can compare to it? I'm considering Josie Maran's Argan Lip Treatment even though it's only $4 cheaper - anyone have feedback on it? I'm totally open to heairng about other products and  wouldn't mind spending more if the product lasts longer, my Fresh Sugar didn't even last a month!

WomanUSA50

Re: What is a good replacement more Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment?

(0) Hearts

Oh! Look at this --> BTW: Sephora has its own personal brand of lip treatment very similar to the Fresh brand lip treatments and i believe it is under $8.00 USD (U.S. Dollars). My niece's friends can not all afford the Fresh brand lip treatments so NOW they all (including my niece) have found the Sephora brand as their new indispensable carry-all, at a fraction of what the Fresh, Josie Maran, & other co. cost. I have received the Sephora lip treatment balm as a gift from my cousin and it is soon 2 become my new carry all "on-the-go".  Hope this is of some cost-effective assistance.

WomanUSA50

(0) Hearts

I have tried Josie Maran's Argan Lip Treatment but the skin on my lips didn't "dance" (harmonize) with it. My lips kept self-exfoliating unwantedly. I use a great lip exfoliant (sugar-based scrub already). I went back to Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (which I keep & carry in a small sturdy glass pot with a twist on plastic lid that I purchased elsewhere for 75 cents). Blistex has ingredients which similarly cause my lips to "self-exfoliate" unwantedly (aka: scaling & peeling) i definitely do NOT care for lip products which induce "self-exfoliating" properties, especially under costly lip rouge/lipsticks/glosses. I have lip exfoliater to perform that function when I am NOT wearing my maquillage (makeup). Yes, everyone is different. I have fair/normal-dry/40+ yrs. skin. I have tried many high & low cost lip treatments and keep going back to Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. With that said, always read product reviews and refer to Sephora's Beauty Advisors and wonderful clientele who leave honest & candid posts on this site. Thank you and best of luck in finding your ideal/favorite product that suits you best. Kindest regards.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Blistex Deep Renewal lip balm is very comparable to the clear fresh sugar lip treatment, but WAYYYY better (at least for me). The blistex one is better in terms of actually moisturizing my lips, comes in similar packaging, smells so amazing, and it doesnt melt at the drop of a hat. And its costs around 2 bucks at the drugstore.

dlgdcpa

Just nothing like this, and believe me I am sick of the price, I keep one on my living room table and in my purse, and they go fast, I mean one in a month.  But nothing else works and the Berry is almost as rich as a l/s in color.  What more, as I like berries, could I want?

kd006

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that is as good as the Fresh Sugar. Sad. But, the Maybelline baby lips are alright.. but seriously, I just can't even use the baby lips because it doesn't compare. I would rather dish out the extra money because it works that much better for me. But I do have really chapped lips, so maybe babylips would work good for you. But I have my birthday this month, and I just saw that they still have the lip balms left over from last year so I'm def getting that as my gift! I don't want the benefit stuff because I already have the watts up and I hated the mascara with a passion. So maybe you can get the Fresh Sugar on your bday too! :smileyhappy:

Also, just so you know.. Birchbox.com is a beauty service box. You get samples (Sometimes full sized) and you do reviews on the site, and you can get money off. I got a 70 dollar perfume free since I did reviews. (Not really free because you do pay $10/month for the samples) but the samples usually are great and I've found many favorites that I never would have tried if not for birchbox. But anyways, they do have the Fresh lip balm on there so you could get it for free or money off if you don't want to wait. lol.

Hope that helps

princessbrenna

Thanks for sharing about Birchbox..sounds like something perfect for me!!

ChicDabbler

In terms of color, I second Maybelline Babylips (they've got quite a variety now, there was only 3 color options back when I brought mine). The only other thing close to it is Revlon lip butter, but I think that's more lipstick than lip balm? (haven't tried it yet).

In terms of hydration, honestly I find it to be the most hydrating stick balm for my dry/flaky/cracked lips in the winter. The only thing comparable or is more hydrating for dry lips is Jack Black lip treatment, but that doesn't have a tint and is softer.

lowrah

(0) Hearts

Maybeline baby lips is pretty close.. it comes in tinted or clear too and is only a couple bucks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dlgdcpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • lowrah
    • ChicDabbler
    • princessbrenna
    • kd006