lt218

What Lipstick is This?

44842eab3e320896e028090a555dcc1e.jpg

I found this picture on Pinterest. It had been pinned from a blog with no info! I did a Google image search and it got a lot of results saying it was Rebel by Mac. But when I look at Rebel it doesn't seem to be the exact color. I feel like this has more of a jewel tone to it than just being a plum. Help! I'm in love with this color!

ellevee09

Re: What Lipstick is This?

(0) Hearts

The lip liner is Burgandy & lipstick is Rebel. This picture belongs to Angelica Prado. :smileyhappy: she has a instagram: angelicaprad0. Hope this helps ❤️

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

I have rebel and it's pretty similar maybe the effect she used made it darker? 

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

rebel or heroine? 

nebel

(0) Hearts

I wish rebel looked like that on me! It turns this raspberry pink on me.  I have trouble with shades of this color, as much as I love them, they all seem to react with my body chemistry in a way that completely hides the purples and turns them all the same shade of fuchsia! 

Not that I have a problem with fuchsia, it would just be nice to actually access the variety of color!

kenny

(0) Hearts

Me too! I love fuchsia but wish some of these shades would look darker and more plum!

lt218

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone! I guess it didn't even occur to me that lipstick could look different depending on skin tone, etc. Duh! Totally makes sense now!

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

I believe it is Rebel! I think the reason is because those lipsticks look different depending on what skin tone and also if they used a lipliner! 

If you go onto youtube and sear Casey holmes "my fall go-to makeup look tutorial" you can see it there and how she makes it look this color! 

image.jpg

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

she used mac rebel and nightmoth liner on the outer corners, and purple rain from nyx on the inner part

Kyndra

(0) Hearts

That's definately Rebel. It's my goto fall color. The lips were lined and filled in (prob w. night moth or vino) before applying the lipstick but that's for sure Rebel. It can look SOOO different without lip liner as well as on different skin tones.

veronika23

I agree with a few people here.  Bring it in to find a match.  I feel as though this picture was manipulated and if "filters" were added the colors in the picture would change thus changing the color of the lipstick.

melissabt

Hi IT218,

I'm not sure what the color is but, if you're looking for a good dupe, I suggest SEPHORA COLLECTION
Color Lip Last in 21 Meet My Pink - purple-pink satin.

meet my pink.jpg

<3 Melissa
spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

My guess is Lipstick Queen with Hello Sailor or one of RiRi's Mac colors; with or without Hello Sailor - just a guess - it also looks like a deep burgundy lip liner - it may be the lighting, but the top lip looks like a darker shade than the bottom lip - happy hunting

annonymous1

when i saw this picture i immediately thought of rebel by mac, its my go-to lipstick, mac rebel looks dark but it actually comes out this color, i can tell in the picture it also has been lined with the lip liner "beet" that might be some of the difference in color your talking about :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I have a color similar: Milani Sangria, although I agree this could be layered with something else. 

Sangria.JPG

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

Wow, I never would have bought Sangria seeing it in the tube but the color that it translates to on the lips is gorgeous!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Sangria is gorgeous, i just didn't like the formula on that one. felt a little drying. Sangria and uptown muave are both in the family of mac rebel.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

The matte is a bit drying, but I don't mind as long as I apply lip balm and don't wear more than one day. I loooooove the smell of Milani's lipsticks though.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

i always apply balm but i still felt it dry, it was the only one and i own like 8. I love the smell. its like watermelon jolly ranchers lol

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Yessssss, I could not put my finger on the exact smell, I always just say candy. My daughter sits down and smells them too lol. 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

agreed on the smell oh my gosh, i feel like i reach for them JUST for the smell.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • kenny
    • spoiledbrat
    • aviscardi
    • annonymous1
    • melissabt
    • veronika23