Carmen241986

What Brands Sell The BEST Lipsticks / What MAC Lipstick Shades Would You Recommend ?

Hey girls, 2 part question here for you. So I am currently wanting to add to my ' wish list ' and I need your suggestions of brands that carry the most pigmented, most sought after and most colour selection lipsticks. Now it can be from High End / Drugstore as well. Second question is I am wanting to try out MAC lipsticks at some point. What colour's are worth the the price paying for it ?. So far I have my eyes on Diva & Media. 

ilovetopurplefy

Re: What Brands Sell The BEST Lipsticks / What MAC Lipstick Shades Would You Recommend ?

(0) Hearts

The difference between Ruby Woo and RiRi Woo is that RiRi Woo is a bit darker and more blue based. It is a Retromatte lipstick and Ruby Woo is a matte (MAC calls it a Retromatte but on the bottom of the tube it says matte). I have both and I have to say that Ruby is super drying and it is A LOTTTTTT more drying than  RiRi . RiRi is supposed to be more drying than Ruby Woo since it is a retromatte which is the mattest of the matte lipsticks ever but I find it to less drying and more comfortable to wear. Of course over time ( a few hours) you can start to feel RiRi Woo drying out your lips a little unlike Ruby Woo which will start drying your lips out in 5 minutes.

lilahtov

Re: What Brands Sell The BEST Lipsticks / What MAC Lipstick Shades Would You Recommend ?

(0) Hearts

I loooove lipstick, so this is fun to answer for me :smileyhappy:

I adore YSL's packaging, formula and scent. The original Rouge Volupté is opaque, the shine formula is not but I do believe I like it better despite that, because of the lovely colors :smileyhappy:

Guerlain lipsticks are a dream for the same reasons as listed above. They can get pretty expensive, but they're opaque in one swipe. I love those guys.

Those are MY personal favorites but from the internet, I've gleaned that Burberry and UD are also in constant favor. I'm sure there are others.

For MAC, obviously there are the MACheads and everyone else (if you look at the Show me yours... thread for Lips this is such a stark contrast, it's funny! :smileyvery-happy:) Either someone has like 20 MAC lippies or 2. I'm in the latter camp, as, I am more drawn to luxury brands for lipstick. Not trying to put MAC down at all, just not obsessed with any one formula they offer. Yesterday, I tried on Brave and it was a really lovely pinky nude. Pink Plaid is a pretty-in-pink type color that's fun to wear. You're probably familiar with all the famous MAC reds...Russian Roulette, Ruby Woo, etc. 

Hope that helped :smileyhappy:

ieatthewalrus

(0) Hearts

I'm a lipstick junkie, and the very best lipstick I have ever tried is Tom Ford's/ Luscious color, moisturizing, red lipstick lasts ALL day without needing to be touched up. I would have this in every color if I could, but this one is definitely a splurge! Gorgeous.

The Dior Addict lines are very nice very moisturizing/glossy lipsticks. They're very buildable in colors, so I can wear the same color as a light stain, a deep color, or blot them for a nice matte.

NARS is also a very dependable lipstick. I love their line, but I find the previous 2 have better colors for my light skin with yellow undertones.

I personally am not a fan of MAC lipsticks after using these. The quality is not as great, but of course the variety is there!

ieatthewalrus

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Bite Beauty is also very good and dependable, plus the ingredients are good for you!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I am not a huge lipstick junkie or expert (more into balms daily, and went through a high-gloss stage there for a couple of years too).

However, my favorite bright-but-wearable lipstick is from MAC.  I really love the texture, pigment level, taste, everything.  I'd say the wear is reasonable but not uberlongwearing.

I have LOVED the bite lip pencils I've tried.  I have yet to find the right color, but I love the texture, pigment, application method. 

I also liked Dior lipglow and Givenchy lipsticks tried recently.

Hahahaha I just looked below and I already replied to this before. Tehee.

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

Bite, especially their high pigment pencils, and UD. Also, the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain! They come in a pretty large variety of pigmented shades and are under 10 dollars. They also smell like peppermint. I really think you should try some if you haven't!upload_1613909476732210061.jpg

janedoe13

(0) Hearts

Bite high pigment matte pencils are some of my favourites 

pomegranate is a great shade

urban decay revolution lipstick in catfight is also really awesome

DeltaGammaGirl

(0) Hearts

One of my new favorites is called "Frou" by MAC and it is a neutral nude type color but it has a frost to it. It is gorgeous!

Also, MAC St Germain (bubblegum pink)

Mac Hue, Mac Cream d' nude, and Mac Japanese Maple are my favorites!

ProperIntro

(0) Hearts

Mac Plumful is a color that looks good on everyone 

Mac Syrup  is another safe color to check out

Lipstick Queen's Velvet Rope Line, from what I hear it's worth spending mullah on..,

Nars Lip Pencils in Satin or Velvet Matte shades

Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks 

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks

most Guerlain lipsticks, 

most Givenchy Lipsticks 

sunny0501

(0) Hearts

Tom Ford. Unbelievable. And it should be for $46.

MonopolizeMe

(0) Hearts

HI! So I have a lot of stuff from mac, but in that color family, here is what I would recommend you check out

MAC Rebel
MAC Girl about town
MAC Chatterbox/Speak Louder/Craving for a tamer pink/plum sort of color
MAC Dubonnet
MAC Viva Glam 1
MAC Dare You
MAC Diva
MAC Lady Danger/ So Chaud (I prefer So Chaud)
I have to say though, my all time favorite from MAC is Chili, it is this incredible burnt orangey red color that looks super gorgeous on.

Other lipsticks to check out, I personally love Buxom, Bite and Bare Minerals Moxie lipsticks. From Buxom I have (and love) Runaway, Menace and Rogue

Bite- pomegranate, cranberry, rhubarb, quince

Bare Minerals Moxie lipsticks do not get a lot of love or recognition but they're incredibly long-wearing and hydrating. They do have a limited range, but if you like bold pinks I would really recommend Risk it all. (It's everything I wanted Girl About Town to be, but BETTER)

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

i personally don't own any mac lipsticks but i'm on the same boat as you about wanting to try them out. i really like the color cyber and i actually bought the wetn'wild dupe for it in the color sugar plum fairy. i actually am in absolutely LOVE with the wetn'wild lipsticks and i went out and bought a couple more. they're $2.99 each and you can find a lot of their lipsticks are dupes for mac lipsticks fyi.

other lipsticks i love would definitely have to be the UD lipsticks. incredibly long lasting, creamy, and pigmented. i have all 22 lipsticks and i love every single one. i really like NARS, the bareminerals moxie lipsticks, smashbox, and the OCC liptars. the smashbox lipsticks are okay, i feel that they don't last as long but they're creamy and don't dry out my lips. the liptars on the other hand - insanely long lasting but can also be drying.

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I like Too Faced and UD, those would be the two I'll be buying from most.  I have about 6 of the Smashbox lippys, but I find TF and UD are better.  I like the liquid lipsticks from Hourglass, but I haven't tried their regular lipsticks.  

person11

Gotta throw Lipstick Queen into the mix.  I have a love/hate relationship with lipstick, but these feel more like a balm.  They have a new $50(!) "Velvet Rope" line, and I'm pretty confident they are probably the best lipsticks ever even though I'll never drop the cash to try one. I know this doesn't answer your questions, but LQ is very comfortable to wear.  I agree with everyone else's suggestions, too!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

MAC, Bite and Dior Addict (though I only use LIpglow currently)!

Titian06

Hi, Carmen!  For your first question, look at Bite Beauty (I have Bramble and Rhubarb), NARS (I have Palais Royal), and UD Revolution (I have Rapture and Manic).  I don't have any Mac lipsticks.

swanbeauty

MAC - Russian Red, one of the most wearable matte reds ever

Lipglass

Viva Glam VI

Love Nectar

Dior Addict

Avenue

Paparazzi 

Sunset Blvd.

Hourglass - love this formula, but be careful of packaging.  The clear window has come apart from the brown part, and totally ruined a purse and jeans. Really bad design.

Nectar

Icon

Primal

Buxom Lips - these are pretty good for the price

Dolly

Sugar

There are so many good ones!!  Good luck!

aggiegirl2012

(0) Hearts

I love MAC Kinda Sexy topped with the Boy Bait cremesheen

thesupergirl

Hands down urban decay! I have bought six already and don't regret it they are worth it. 

LuckyWinter

Personally my all time favorite from Mac is Hue, I simply love it! its my everyday wear soft pink / nude lipstick. Its different from any other lipstick that I own, it feels like its there and stays there (But if you eat etc, you will need to reapply). Other lipstick that I like that are REALLY pigmented and long lasting are the UD revolution lipstick, great lipstick! :smileyhappy: Hope this help

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • lovelykatya
    • waterbaby1981
    • swanbeauty
    • ilovetopurplefy