ff521

Want my lips to stand out...

I'm pale (and LOL I mean pale- not even really fair. My freckles are even pale), blonde-haired, blue-eyed person, but I have medium pink lips. I have a mixed undertone due to the freckles (more yellow/warm, but skin is pink-ish/warm). I HAVE to stay away from pinks with blue undertones, or it makes me look deathly ill. I love paler, pink/coral lips that look solid, yet bright/glowy. I want it to look almost ethereal.

My problem is that they always come out too sheer for my darker pink lips, and most of the lipsticks I've tried have a blue undertone. I prefer non-shimmery lipsticks (Usually it looks cheap and like you put glitter on a corpse with the lipsticks I've found). Other problems I found (with highly pigmented lipstick) is a "neon" look (Illamasqua Obey,etc).

****************************************************************************************

Anyone know of a highly pigmented ballerina/lighter pink-coral matte or cream lipstick that creates a faux-glow? Or tips/tricks to create it?

The perfect color would be about the shade of Benefits Dandelion or Coralista blushes...

melissabt

Re: Want my lips to stand out...

Hi Ff521,

Have you ever tried the OCC lip tars? They have a great amount of pigment and dry to a satin matte finish.

I suggest the following shades.

Divine - true pink flamingo

flamingo.jpgGrandma

grandma.jpgCha Cha

chacha.jpg

Since these have a lot of pigment I like to blot mine to make it look like a stain. Afterwards I like to set it with a translucent powder, I hope that this helps!

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • ff521
Photos3
  • flamingo.jpg
  • grandma.jpg
  • chacha.jpg