jennilynnnn

Vibrant Violet/Purple Lippies!

(0) Hearts
So, I really want to try a really vibrant violet lip color. I looked in past threads to get ideas but the last post was about a year ago and, let's be real, a whole lot of new makeup products come out in a year. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions! I am not looking for anything dark or vampy. I am contemplating Too Faced Violet Melted Lipstick. If anyone has any other ideas I would really appreciate it!
BuxomBabe80

Re: Vibrant Violet/Purple Lippies!

(0) Hearts

purple lipsticks.jpg

Now that I look at the swatches, some of these don't look very purple or violet, but they are on my lips. So part of it might be the lighting. It also might look different on my pasty white skin versus my pink lips. But nevertheless, here are the purple type lip sticks I have.

1 = Rimmel Moisture Renew - Vintage Pink

2 = Pop Beauty Lip Balm - Violetta 

3 = Milani Color Statement Lipstick - Plumrose

4 = Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick - Lavender (this one is quite sheer but pretty!)

5 = Sephora Collection “Escape To Rio” Rouge Cream Lipstick - Neon Rouge Bikini

6 = CoverGirl lipstick - Divine

7 = MAC Up the Amp (Amplified finish)

8 = Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick - Violet

9 = Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick - Swinger

10 = NYX Round Lipstick - Lala

11= NYX Round Lipstick - Violet Ray

12 = Maybelline The Vivids Lipstick - Hot Plum

13 = Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Lovesick

14 = Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain Moisturizing Lip Colour - Lady and The Vamp

15 = Maybelline The Vivids Lipstick - Brazen Berry

And here are my purple lip glosses:

purple lip glosses.jpg

From left:

• Benefit Lollitint
  • PIXEL Lip Tint - Forgiving (I really like this formula, especially for only a few dollars!)
  • NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss - Annees Folles
  • Maybelline Color Elixir - Luxe in Lilac
  • Maybelline Color Elixir - Raspberry Rhapsody 
  • L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinary Lip Color - Purple Prelude 
  • Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color - Violet Addict (not for the timid, but it's beautiful if you like bold purple!)
  • Milani PowerLip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain - Raspberry Tart
  • NYX Butter Gloss - Raspberry Tart
lylysa

Some more vibrant purple and violet colors (including some pretty orchids), check out suggestions in the below thread:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/I-m-looking-for-one-of-the-bright-purple-lipsticks-I...

If you're not used to sporting such vibrant colors and would like to build your way up, consider some of the below options:

-Try a sheer or shimmery gloss rather than something opaque so your natural color still comes through and doesn't make the purple tones so "in your face"

-Try to pat down color or blot down with a tissue if you're using fuller color products like lipsticks or crayons to give more of a stained effect where color is saturated on lips rather than slicked on thick on top

-Keep to wearing a more simple/natural eye (perhaps a nude shadow and just liner and mascara) to prevent eyes and bolder lips from fighting for attention or making your look too bold

jennilynnnn

Thanks!

blushnglow

Nars Audacious Lipsticks(great reviews online) just came out and apparently there is light purplish colour, almost a light mauve, called Dominique... if you can get your hands on it.  Maybe it is a little too light than what you were looking for.nars_dominique001.jpg

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

This color is gorgeous. I just saw it on Temptalia last night. This shade can be hard to wear if your teeth aren't super white. 

jennilynnnn

(0) Hearts

It still looks like an absolutely beautiful color! Especially for fall. Thanks for the recommendation! 

meganlisa

Kat Von D's Wonderchilde is a gorgeous shimmery otherworldly violet.  Dose of Colors, Melted and even Lime Crime have amazing purples and lilacs.  Lipstick Queen just came out with the Silver Screen line that has a purple.  I swatched it yesterday at Spake NK and it's pretty.

Good luck!

jennilynnnn

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

lovelykatya

[ Edited ]

I would totally recommend to try out Too Faced Violet Melted Lipstick, I tried it out myself today at the store and wore it for couple of hours just too se how it look in natural light..ohh boy it is bright, buuuttt soooooo prettyyyy!!!

Also check out Bite Beauty lipstick in Violet, such a gorgeous shade, I typically wear it on its own, but when I want to make it little bit darker and more vibrant I just add some lipliner underneath in slightly darker shade. I wore it to work the other day, I got sooo many compliments!

Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks in : Brazen Berry(905) and Hot Plum(900- I think) are worth checking out - even thought they are drug store products -quality is very nice!

MAC Violetta lipstick - shade that everyone has been craving for past couple of years.

Urban Decay - Venom lipstick - such a classic and gorgeous shade for fall.

jennilynnnn

Now I really want to go try the melted lipstick haha! Everyone is talking about bite's violet! I think I need to go swatching!

lovelykatya

Bite's Beauty Violet is more wearable for everyday basis bright color in comparison to Too Faced Melted Violet, I mean unless you are into that type thing, than go for it :smileyhappy:

Geminichilde

I like MUFE #15  and Lancome's Rouge in Love in Violette Coquette.  

jennilynnnn

(0) Hearts

I will check those colors out! Thanks!

michelle164

So glad you mentioned the Lancome one ! Violette Coquette is gorgeous and one of my favorites :smileyhappy: I never finish a lip product but this one is on its last swipes lol

comeoneileen88

My favorite is Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Gemma!  It's a beautiful violet shade, I love it!

upload_8253140778839962305.jpg

jennilynnnn

(0) Hearts

Even just the picture looks gorgeous! Thanks for the suggestion!

andyhtrieu

From the drugstore, I recommend Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless, Sonia Kashuk Luxe Lip Color in Violetta, and Covergirl lipstick in Divine. All of them are different shades of purple/violet. I can't post any swatches because I'm on my iPad and it's too complicated. 

jennilynnnn

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I will look up swatches, no worries! 

heatherbee

I'm also going to add Black Radiance African Violet!  

jennilynnnn

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I can't wait to go searching for all these new lippies haha!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • michelle164
    • lylysa
    • sace021
    • mrsbaine
    • Geminichilde