cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Upcoming BITE Beauty Releases

bite-beauty-logo

This thread is for discussing current products, sharing upcoming releases and spreading general love for BITE Beauty! Thanks to everyone who contributes for all your sleuthing and reporting for the benefit of the BT community! ♥

Sorry I've been away so much and not maintaining the thread. You guys are all champions for continuing to post! I've cleaned up the main thread to make space and minimize the amount of scrolling you have to do past old pictures. Thanks!

CURRENT:

Astrology by BITE Amuse Bouche Lipstick

Limited-edition shades of the award-winning Amuse Bouche Lipstick, created for the zodiac signs and releasing each month.

Past Releases:

Spoiler
2017 Holiday stuff...
(CA exclusive) (2017) 'Red Flag' Amuse Bouche Lipstick (LE)
(2017) Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick (permanent)
(2017) Cava Multistick (permanent)
(2017) The Lip Pencil shade expansion (permanent)
(2017) Prismatic Pearl Creme Lipgloss (permanent)
(2017) Love, Bite Lip Set (LE)
(2017) Everyday Agave Collection (permanent)
(2017) The Perfect Pair Amuse Bouche Mini Lipstick Duo (LE)
(2017) Edgy Neutrals Amuse Bouche Lipstick Collection (LE)
(Holiday 2016) The Perfect Bite Set (LE)

(Holiday 2016) BITE Discovery Set (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Best Bite Redux (LE)
(Holiday 2016) AB Lipstick in Mistletoe (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Gold Crème Lip Gloss (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Amuse Bouche Mini Lipstick Duo (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Matte Crème Lip Crayon Collection (LE)
(Holiday 2016) Amuse Bouche Mini Lipstick Vault Collection (LE)
(November 2016) Amuse Bouche 'Mauvember' 2016 Lipstick (LE)
(2016) The Perfect Pair High Pigment Lip Pencil Duo (LE)
(2016) Multisticks (permanent)
(2016) Cava Lip Collection (permanent)

(2016) Amuse Bouche 'Berry Rouge' VIB Rouge Exclusive (LE)
(CA Exclusive) (2016) Amuse Bouche in GTA (LE)
(2016) Amuse Bouche Lipstick 'Sweet & Savoury' Shade Extension (permanent/LE)
(2016) Spring Fling Set (LE)
(2016) Amuse Bouche Lipstick initial shade range (permanent)
(2016) Matte Crème Lip Crayon shade extension (permanent)
(2015) Lip Lab Limited Release Crème Deluxe Series 001 - 012 (LE)
(Holiday 2015) Mix N Mingle Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos (LE)
(Holiday 2015) Best BITE Rewind Mini Matte Crème Lip Crayon Set (LE)
(Holiday 2015) BITE Discovery Set (LE)
(CA Exclusive) (November 2015) 'Mauvember' Luminous Crème Lipstick (LE)
(Summer 2015) Luminous Crème Lipstick | Bellini, Mimosa, Kir Royale (LE)

(US exclusive) (July 2015) Frozen Berries Matte Crème Lipstick (LE)

(July 2015) Opal Matte Crème Lipstick (permanent)

(July 2015) Opal Crème Lip Gloss (permanent)

(CA exclusive) (July 2015) Maple Matte Crème Lipstick (LE)
(CA exclusive) (July 2015) Maple Agave Lip Mask (permanent)

Re: Upcoming BITE Beauty Releases

Yeah, that was offered last year... September, I think.

@stelladee I don't see the mimosa set - only the Philosophy Amazing Grace 250 point perk. Are you in Canada??

I'm in the US. That's super strange! I was up late and it popped up. Now it's gone. Maybe they were updating something on the iPad app? Oh well.

I'm in Canada and I can't see that set 😞

It's pictured here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Active-Point-Perks-Rewards-9-The-Bigger-and-Better-Ed...

and it was 250 point perk in Sept/Oct of last year I think?

I'm sure it's been discussed on this thread before, and I'm assuming that many have - but has anyone been to the Lip Lab in NY?

I'm planning on booking for October and am wondering what the experience is like.  

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response (I have been without internet in my new home for a few days). 

Thanks for finding the link to the thread, @k617 . Very helpful!

@AllysonJo I have--was just there in September.

You can read all about other BTer's experiences in this thread :): http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Bite-Beauty-Lab-NYC/m-p/2168756

I have an appointment for October. I'm so excited about it!

Wonderful! Have fun and I wish you were taking me with you! 😉

I have @AllysonJo and I loved it.  You go in and sit across from the person that will be helping you design the lipstick.  They give you something to clean of whatever you're wearing and some lip mask to moisturize while you talk.  The person (mine was a she) talks to you about what you want and helps you decide on a color, finish and if you want a shimmer.  She mixes one shade to start and you put it on and work off of there (more red, less orange, blah blah).  Once you settle on the color (or colors, I made 2) you choose the fragrance and bullet shape (That might not be the case anymore as I recall someone saying they're going to just have the one bullet top from not on but I'm not 100% on that).  You can watch her make the color and pour it into the mold.  She freezes it and a few minutes later pops it out and into the bullet!  They write down the formula on an index card where you can name the lipstick and they save it for you.  

FYI the site says it's $45 for 1, 2 for $60 and my experience is that you can get 2 of the same color for $60, not design 2 different ones.  You may want to ask about that when you go.

Also, book ahead!  They rarely have same day appointments, especially on the weekends.  I called but you can now book online (although I would still call and confirm).

Whew that was a lot!  I hope this is helpful 🙂 

@AllysonJo  I was there in March, and I loved it. I was the first appointment of the day so I was alone in the lab for the first 20 minutes or so. I ended up with four colours because the two I had wanted most were finished in 10 minutes so the makeup artist told me that I could play around with colours until my boyfriend came back. In the end, I wanted all four, so I got two of each of the first two colours and one of each of the last two experimental colours. You can only get 2 for $60 if they are the exact same colour so the for the four I got of the first two colours, those were 2 for $60, but then the other two colours were each $45 a piece.

Even though it was an expensive little trip, it was worth it because it was so fun to get to create my own colours, choose the finish (I chose matte for all of them), the fragrance, the cap design, and the "recipe" card so you can have the lipstick re-made in the future. The other thing that made it worth it was that my mom was really excited to get the doubles of the colours I created for myself first, so all of that made the trip well worth it.

You definitely need to book online and ahead of time, just like @michelleshops said. I called in January to schedule for the beginning of March, and I had to wait until the scheduling site was updated so that I could schedule online because they would not take my appointment over the phone. By now, the site should be more efficient so you can probably book farther in advance than when I booked.

Have fun when you go in October. I'm sure you'll have a great experience 🙂

Sounds like a great experience, @suessquatsch!!  I can't wait to report back with swatches!

Great info @michelleshops ! Thanks so much, I'll definitely make sure to call before I make any definitive plans. 

(User has opted out of the BeautyTalk community.)

Does it look like a half u shape? Because some of mine are like that too 

No, it's because they're a different collection. Bite has done that in the past with the LE collections, like the US-exclusive berries and I believe also the Canada Maple ones. The Summer Savory flavors have that deep half-U shape (or at least the new ones do), and the Sweet ones have a double cutout that makes the top look like a blunt equilateral triangle.

In the Luminous Créme line, the shape corresponded to the shade because the deep "u" shaped ones that sort of looked like chapagne glasses was for the red colours, the small, rounded half "u" was for the nudes, the special colours that were exclusive to Canada or the U.S. had the triangle tip, and opal has just a straight, diagonal piece taken out of it. Then, the Butter Cream lipsticks had straight tops.

I think I prefer the different shapes by colours because it's nice not to have to look at the bottom to know if the lipstick is red, nude, or otherwise. It would be nice if they did that for the Amuse Bouche line imo.

image.png

testing