GothGirl00

Top Lip Balm ;)

[ Edited ]

hello again! *waves* I was just wondering whats the best lip blam you've come across with,   I don't really have any lip problems other than when I don't drink water for a long time ( it can be from 3 hours to a day and a half ) I have dry lips. yeah, I know that ain't healthy but water does not appeal to me that much.   Anyways, whats your favorite lip balm? image.jpg Lol thats not my favorite lip balm though ! xD

thesupergirl

Re: Top Lip Balm ;)

(0) Hearts

I love julep day defense lip balm but right now I'm mainly using Burt's bees lip shimmer. I was just shown it and told you should try it and now I own 3!

mafan

If you have terribly broken skin, oil, first aid cream, anything that can seal your lips is really great.  Don't let it go for so long that you've lost layers of skin if you can avoid it.  (Been there, done that, you can search back for my pleas for help.)

The Nuxe balm seems nice but I haven't used it in distress.  A friend recommended Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip balm/cream/whatever.  It does seem nice and helped.  I does have petroleum jelly (like Vaseline) which I usually avoid but it does provide a good barrier. 

I hope I don't get to the desperate stage again soon.  I really like my Fresh lip balms and don't feel like they just sit on my lips.  For drugstore balms, the Nivea "A Kiss of Moisture" is really nice. It's what my husband uses and he gave his to me when my lips were bad and it was good (but not a cure).  I think it has more moisture than the EOS balms.  (Nothing is cuter than the EOS balms, though.)

I am curious where to find Terry Baume de Rose and The Lip Slip, however.  I will buy lots of things and try them out on a mission to avoid ever again having the feeling that my lips might just break off of my face!

Carmen241986

(0) Hearts

As of right now I believe the Maybelline Baby Lips is a great product. I only bought it today and noticed a difference quite quickly in smoothness. Plus it's got SPF in it which is rare to see in most lip products !. 

MGJM

(0) Hearts

I just moved to the Midwest from Florida and this cold, dry weather is making my lips freak out!  I have always loved Fresh and Jack Black, but it just hasn't been doing it for me lately.  As a last resort, I put the Nude treatment oil on my lips and they felt better within minutes! 

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Soft Lips is amazing! :smileyhappy: I like the vanilla scented one.

viviene23

[ Edited ]

The best lip balms imo:

By Terry Baume de rose

upload_3757091167784122273.png

Sara Happ lip slip

upload_3734935609430825497.jpg

Nuxe reve de miel

upload_3018965866080262853.jpg

Dior lip glow

upload_7416952244311944559.jpg

and from durgstores...I like carmex moisture tint and aquaphor hydrating balm with spf 30.

pinktorridora

I love that I'm not the only one that thinks The Lip Slip is a HG balm!

That being said, I think I need to get involved with Dior Lip Glow. Can you tell me how you use it, what you love about it?

viviene23

Lip slip is really nice especially during winter months. Dior lip glow is not as hydrating as sara happ but it is hydrating enough. Something in it brings out pinkish/reddish lip color depending on your natural lip pigmentation. It looks good by itself or sometimes I use it underneath a very pale nude lipstick to make it more wearable ( the resulting shade is pinky nude). Also it is not as slippery as fresh lip balms.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I stick to the Lip Slip at night. Would Dior Lip Glow be a good one to keep it my purse for on the go?

Have you tried the Lip Slip Gloss (in a tube)? I have that, too. :smileyhappy:

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

GothGirl there is a chocolate flavored lip balm.  My son has it.  I think it was a Chapstick brand, but I'm not sure.  It definitely smells chocolatey!

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

Awesome! Thanks, I'll look it up, who knows? Maybe I'll stumble upoduring ehen I shop :smileyvery-happy: I love chocolate<3

ilovebears

I can't live without Yu-Be Lip Therapy!  I have very dry and sensitive lips (along with dry and sensitive skin :smileytongue:), and this is the only thing I've found that really works for me.

Candy357

(0) Hearts

I love the Sugar one's and Clinique's stick.
Of course also the original chapstick in cherry.

I can't do any of the crazy flavors lol, I stick to the boring
cherry or fruit flavors.

:smileyhappy:

cspriverratz

Even though it's not high-end, I really love EOS lip balm. I bought a set of 6 at costco for $10, and they are amazing! It can have a waxy finish sometimes, so I'll occasionally put some Babylips on top of it. If i'm going out and want some color, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment is perfect, just a bit pricey. Jack Black is very good as well!

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

Hey cspriverratz - I love EOS too! Although I'd like to ask you some stuff first c: if you don't mind. I'm thinking of getting babylips but what would you say about it? Like.. Which one is better? Pink punch? Peach kiss? ( I forgot the other ones) 

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

I can't stand Babylips for some reason. It dries out my lips. But EOS! AHHH, that stuff is amazing! EOS and the Fresh Lip are my favorites . If you want to go cheap and old school - Bag Balm is also good. It doesn't have a smell or tint to it. My all time favorite though is Dior's Creme de Rose. Its pricey but amazing! 

kitamad

(0) Hearts

I prefer eos lip balms. I love the variety of flavors. I also have a slight addiction to lip balms and have to have them handy at all times! So I keep them all over the house. I have to be careful since getting a puppy a few months ago though. He loves them too and has figured out how to unscrew the tops...

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

I love EOS too :smileyvery-happy:DD , which one is your favorite ?

DTalksAll

Jack black & new favorite Anthony Logistics. 

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

Those are lip balms? Say, how big are they?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • pinktorridora
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan