roxystar4

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I recently bought a La Creme lipstick and was wondering if anyone else has had peeling/sensitivity with this lippie?  I noticed some peeling yesterday.

Too-Faced-La-Creme-Lipstick-3.jpg

(not my image, it is from vampy varnish blog- just wanted to give credit to her)

syritt

Re: Too Faced La Creme Lipstick

Yep, me too. Not sure which ingredient, because I'm usually not sensitive to any lip products. I hope I can narrow it down.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

It's disappointing because they are so pretty.  Are any other lippies bothering you? I had a bad reaction to a Revlon lip color and also a  Lip Lites Bonne Bell Lipgloss caused issues.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I love these more every time I see them.

yeobocakes

(0) Hearts

I've got a bad allergy to beeswax, which is very common in many lip products. I was excited to try La Creme because of its lack of beeswax, but like you, I developed peeling, and soreness, and it was similar to my allergic reactions to beeswax. Did some research and found that Linolool and limonene are common allergens as well. Hope that helps!

lolo01

razzle dazzle must be a top seller I have it too.. and I love it!  I haven't had issues either... Sorry this is happening to you doll.

ellevee09

I had bought a Razzle Dazzle rose awhile back. No peeling or issues but I do moisturize my lips before I apply any lipstick. :smileyhappy: Maybe something is in the ingredients that making your lips to peel.

Arlandria88

Roxystar4--- yes! This happened to me too with Too Faced La Creme. I bought three colors and I love the texture and the colors but everytime I wear them my lips feel sore and then the next day I have peeling. This is not the first lip product to cause me trouble but I still haven't been able to pin down which ingredient is the culprit. 

I keep a list of products that don't work out for me so that I dont repeat mistakes. Usually with lipsticks I dont get too upset about what doesnt work because there are others that I'm fine with so I still have lots of choices. In this case though- I'm really sad because these are special.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@arlandria88  Can you send me your list of lippies that cause issues for you via private message?  Yeah it is really weird, some products are fine while others leave me with ouchie/peeling lips. I was super excited about the La Creme because I swatched them on my arm at my local JCP and they seemed really creamy/soft.  

Arlandria88

Yes. Happy to do so. 

roxystar4

thanks Arlandria88!

crayzeeRN

Hmm, no issues here on the three shades I own. Do you think you might be allergic to a common ingredient in lip products? I know you've mentioned trouble with other lip products too.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@crayzeeRN   I know I am sensitive to something in some lipsticks but others seem to be fine.  Also, if I use a lot of lip balm I can wear some lipsticks just fine but if I wear the lipstick alone my lips get dry & sensitive.

crayzeeRN

I'm sorry girl I hope you can figure it out soon :smileysad:

roxystar4

@crayzeeRN   you know how much I was looking forward to trying them :smileysad:  

crayzeeRN

Yeah, allergies seriously suck. I started thinking that I was allergic to silicone last week- turns out it was a Korres primer instead. I carefully read every single ingredient in products I use, and I'm always frustrated when I use something that shouldn't cause a reaction and still does. Nailing down ingredients that are a problem can be incredibly difficult.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl
    • syritt
    • ellevee09
    • lolo01