kimmi1115

Tinted Lip Balms

Lately, I have been using lip balm more than usual.  I usually apply a layer of lip balm underneath my lip gloss or lip stick, but I have really been getting into tinted lip balm lately.  

For a regular lip balm, I love EOS!  I currently have one in Summer Fruit.   However, the cats also like them.  If my mom leaves hers on the counter or table, they think it's a new toy lol.  

I need to get some more tinted lip balm, especially the Revlon lip butters.  I have been completely out of the one I had, but I always end up forgetting and buying something else lol.  I have a Maybelline Baby Lips right now, and it is an awesome spring time pink.  The quality of the balm itself is good, too, for my lips.

I have tried the Fresh Sugar lip balms.  From the birthday gift, I finished the plain one a while back, and I still have some of the Rose one left.  It's ok, but, for me and my lips, I don't need to spend that extra money on lip balm.  It works the same for me as EOS.  I saw where Stila has a type of tinted lip balm out now, so I will have to check that out.

What are your thoughts on tinted lip balm?

blips.jpg

Revlon-Lip-Butters-Together.jpg

fresh.jpg

sarinalove

Re: Tinted Lip Balms

(0) Hearts

I  was originally addicted to Korres, but ow my holy grail is Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. I also have Revlon Lip Butters and those are really good for the price too! I actually dont even own any lipsticks since I find them too drying. Even lip glosses can get drying or sticky and these tinted lip balms are the perfect solution for me. I get color and moisture all in one!

lreagan

I discovered the Revlon Lip Butters recently and I got one in a nude color and I LOVE it. I'm totally going to pick up more next time I go to the drugstore. I love them because they have a great color payoff and still keep my lips moisturized. I have awful dry flakey lips and most lipsticks accentuate the flakiness but not these!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Your experience with them sounds similar to mine.  For me, I think they work better than the Burt's Bees lip balm I was using before them lol.

crayzeeRN

Warning! They are addicting! ;P I feel like everytime I wind up in Ulta I'm buying more shades! Which shade did you pick up?

queenofcouture

LOVE THEM! My holy grail right now is the Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in healthy blush. I simply adore it!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I completely forgot that Neutrogena had lip balm! lol.  I love the other Neutrogena cosmetics that I've used.  I just need to make a list lol.

dawn1962

My HG lip balm is Dior Lip Glow.  Does anyone know of a dupe for that?  I go through them like mad.

I did pick up a color whisper in plum and have to say that it is quite nice.

starletta8

I wish I knew of a dupe, but I adore Dior Lip Glow.

MoreGun89

The Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal seems to produce a similar tint pin my opinion :smileyhappy:

mkupgk

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

crayzeeRN

Oh heavens, do I see limited edition Baby Lips? I may need to look for these...

Also love the Color Whisper Lipsticks and Korres Lip Butters! I don't have an addiction to lip products at all... nope.

kimmi1115

I still need to try the Color Whisper ones!  I almost bought one a week or so ago, but I changed my mind at the last minute for some reason lol.

fran11

I personally don't like the color whispers. I feel like they just look like a gross film on top of my lips. Whatever is in them also dried my lips out like crazy.  I know a lot of peopke like them though so it must just be how many they react on me. They have some really pretty colors in the line too! 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I wonder what ingredient(s) are different in the color whispers that could cause that.  I haven't googled any reviews for them.

crayzeeRN

Hmm I haven't had any trouble with them causing dryness, but I only have two. Maybe certain colors are worse?

kimmi1115

Thank you for the info on the Stila Color Balm!  Although they may be more like a lipstick, I like the sound of them still be hydrating.  

sephoramusthave

Great thread! I dont think I have very many tinted lip balms....I will have to look through my makeup stash but I'm pretty sure that I only have one fresh sugar lip treatment in rose and its a mini, and a revlon lip butter. I should get some more because I like the hint of color+moisture but I just find myself reaching for lipsticks all the time because I like full on color. :smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

The Fresh Sugar Rose that I have is a mini as well from the birthday gift, and it was a nice way to try it.  You need to come on the Revlon Lip Butter shopping spree, too lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

crayzeeRN

Are you talking about the Stila Color Balm Lipstick? I've tried a couple of these and they lean a lot more toward a hydrating lipstick than a tinted balm IMO. Some really pretty colors though!

I love the baby lips and have an ever-growing collection of revlon lip butters! :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Laura Mericer has some tinted lip balms too. And the Dior Addict lip glow is nice. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 56 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • dawn1962
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon
    • lylysa