Tinted Lip Balms

Lately, I have been using lip balm more than usual.  I usually apply a layer of lip balm underneath my lip gloss or lip stick, but I have really been getting into tinted lip balm lately.  

For a regular lip balm, I love EOS!  I currently have one in Summer Fruit.   However, the cats also like them.  If my mom leaves hers on the counter or table, they think it's a new toy lol.  

I need to get some more tinted lip balm, especially the Revlon lip butters.  I have been completely out of the one I had, but I always end up forgetting and buying something else lol.  I have a Maybelline Baby Lips right now, and it is an awesome spring time pink.  The quality of the balm itself is good, too, for my lips.

I have tried the Fresh Sugar lip balms.  From the birthday gift, I finished the plain one a while back, and I still have some of the Rose one left.  It's ok, but, for me and my lips, I don't need to spend that extra money on lip balm.  It works the same for me as EOS.  I saw where Stila has a type of tinted lip balm out now, so I will have to check that out.

What are your thoughts on tinted lip balm?

blips.jpg

Revlon-Lip-Butters-Together.jpg

fresh.jpg

Re: Tinted Lip Balms

(0) Hearts

I  was originally addicted to Korres, but ow my holy grail is Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. I also have Revlon Lip Butters and those are really good for the price too! I actually dont even own any lipsticks since I find them too drying. Even lip glosses can get drying or sticky and these tinted lip balms are the perfect solution for me. I get color and moisture all in one!

I discovered the Revlon Lip Butters recently and I got one in a nude color and I LOVE it. I'm totally going to pick up more next time I go to the drugstore. I love them because they have a great color payoff and still keep my lips moisturized. I have awful dry flakey lips and most lipsticks accentuate the flakiness but not these!

(0) Hearts

Your experience with them sounds similar to mine.  For me, I think they work better than the Burt's Bees lip balm I was using before them lol.

Warning! They are addicting! ;P I feel like everytime I wind up in Ulta I'm buying more shades! Which shade did you pick up?

LOVE THEM! My holy grail right now is the Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in healthy blush. I simply adore it!

(0) Hearts

I completely forgot that Neutrogena had lip balm! lol.  I love the other Neutrogena cosmetics that I've used.  I just need to make a list lol.

My HG lip balm is Dior Lip Glow.  Does anyone know of a dupe for that?  I go through them like mad.

I did pick up a color whisper in plum and have to say that it is quite nice.

I wish I knew of a dupe, but I adore Dior Lip Glow.

The Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal seems to produce a similar tint pin my opinion :smileyhappy:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Oh heavens, do I see limited edition Baby Lips? I may need to look for these...

Also love the Color Whisper Lipsticks and Korres Lip Butters! I don't have an addiction to lip products at all... nope.

I still need to try the Color Whisper ones!  I almost bought one a week or so ago, but I changed my mind at the last minute for some reason lol.

I personally don't like the color whispers. I feel like they just look like a gross film on top of my lips. Whatever is in them also dried my lips out like crazy.  I know a lot of peopke like them though so it must just be how many they react on me. They have some really pretty colors in the line too! 

(0) Hearts

I wonder what ingredient(s) are different in the color whispers that could cause that.  I haven't googled any reviews for them.

Hmm I haven't had any trouble with them causing dryness, but I only have two. Maybe certain colors are worse?

Thank you for the info on the Stila Color Balm!  Although they may be more like a lipstick, I like the sound of them still be hydrating.  

Great thread! I dont think I have very many tinted lip balms....I will have to look through my makeup stash but I'm pretty sure that I only have one fresh sugar lip treatment in rose and its a mini, and a revlon lip butter. I should get some more because I like the hint of color+moisture but I just find myself reaching for lipsticks all the time because I like full on color. :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

The Fresh Sugar Rose that I have is a mini as well from the birthday gift, and it was a nice way to try it.  You need to come on the Revlon Lip Butter shopping spree, too lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

Are you talking about the Stila Color Balm Lipstick? I've tried a couple of these and they lean a lot more toward a hydrating lipstick than a tinted balm IMO. Some really pretty colors though!

I love the baby lips and have an ever-growing collection of revlon lip butters! :smileyhappy:

Laura Mericer has some tinted lip balms too. And the Dior Addict lip glow is nice. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • blips.jpg
  • Revlon-Lip-Butters-Together.jpg
  • fresh.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg