joeanne

Thoughts on Lipstick Queen Lipsticks?

I've been reading a lot of great reviews about Lipstick Queen lipsticks and they do have some gorgeous shades for fall. I'd never even heard of the line until I was looking at makeup on Ulta. I'm always on the look out for a new lipstick!  Has anyone tried this brand and if so, is it worth a try?

melde

Re: Thoughts on Lipstick Queen Lipsticks?

[ Edited ]

Love love love love loveeeeee Lipstick Queen.

Favorite lipstick brand along with NARS. I wish Sephora sold them!

I have-

Hello Sailor - Very pretty but not as pigmented as I usually wear. Fun concept though. Sometimes I layer over other shades to change the tone (typically reds) or wear with a primer for more saturation.

Medieval - Absolutely gorgeous. So lovely because it is sheer but a pretty red. I wear a lot of dark reds but this is nice when you want to seem more low key, but you can layer it to be deeper. I honestly think this would work for everyone and also I think this would be a great lipstick for someone just getting into red lipstick.

Sinner Line - I love pigmented lipstick and all of these are very smooth and lovely. They have 90% pigment but don't feel dry. (The saints have 10% pigment, for those of you who prefer sheer.) I have these in pink (which I'm wearing today), rouge, and rose (one of my overall favorite lipsticks, though I'm a red girl, I think this color is extremely pretty and unique).

Edit: I will add that Hello Sailor and Medieval are more of a moisturizing, glossy finish while the sinner line is more of a matte/semi matte but does not feel drying and has wonderful staying power.

veronika23

I have Hello Sailor and love it so much I got a second one.  I never do that.  Plus I can't get them in Canada so I had to go through e-bay and pay a bit more... Hope this tells you how much I like it lol.  Soft and moisturizing.

SarahLang

They are excellent! Creamy, non-drying (I have a problem with dry lips), really niche packaging, just great lipsticks! It is definitely worth a purchase if you are a lipstick girl!

aparrish

You all are such enablers, even with non-Sephora buys! Just placed an order for two LQ lipsticks and two liners. I ordered the invisible liner -- has anyone here tried it?

Thanks, I think? :smileyhappy:

starletta8

If you have an Ulta near you, they just got the line in-store- which gives plenty of time to play.

What'd you buy?

Medieval is next on my list to buy, for the record. Of course, I could just buy all. the. lipstick. if I had no self-control.

aparrish

I do have an Ulta nearby -- do all stores carry it now? I ordered one Saint and one Sinner, one in Natural and one in Rust, although the morning after I can't remember which was which! Plus lip liners in Rust and Invisible. I ordered from Nordstrom, so I can return them if necessary no problem. 

I meant to order Medieval but forgot! Maybe I'll go swatch it. I have been inspired by the bold color choices I see here on BT and am trying to move away from my usual nude pinks toward redder shades.

starletta8

I'm not sure if it's in all stores, but Hello Sailor was in one of the ads a few weeks ago "in stores blah blah blah", so I'd assume it's there.  I'd give them a call!

For me, it's up by Too Faced.

Medieval is pretty sheer.  And don't forget the 2 different formulas of most colors: Sinner (90% opaque)/Saint (90% sheer). Perfect way to inch towards red!

starletta8

Just purchased Lipstick Queen #2- Jean Queen.

Oh, my...

I'm so glad I only have bought fall nails so far.  Because this is likely to be my fall lips go-to.

It's MLBB, but rosy and glossy. Imagine Nars Dolce Vita a shade and a half or so lighter, with blue undertones.

I adore the formula on Lipstick Queen- they're straight up glossy!

starletta8

I got Hello Sailor the moment that it was available at Ulta. I like the formula- it's non-drying.

I happen to like the sheer nature of Hello Sailor and will be looking at their fall colors next weekend. The price point is comparable with Urban Decay or NARS and the quality on par.

joeanne

Thanks! I really like some of the colors and think I'll try a few!

viviene23

Love hello sailor!! For lipstick addicts, this is a must have especially if you have pigmented lips. I was using this in the restroom in nordstrom and the look on the older woman next to me who noticed the tube is priceless. It  pulls purplish raspberry on me, just beautiful.

@joeanne

Definitely try this. I highly recommend medieval. This shade is mlbb for me. Totally agree with starletta8 on quality.

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

wow thanks. i love berry tones on my lips, so this is something i'll have to try!

joeanne

(0) Hearts

Definitely looking at Medieval! There are some beautiful colors so I think I'll try a few - Ulta has a set on sale I may try!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • veronika23
    • joeanne
    • invisiblebike
    • viviene23
    • starletta8
    • melde