The perfect nude lipstick?

Hi guys! I'm here looking for the perfect nude lipstick Smiley Happy Nothing that will wash me out/look weird or overly drying. Show me your faves and what you think will work for me. Fairly light skin tone, yellow undertones, Asian. Thank you all so much! <3

Selfie 1.jpg

Re: The perfect nude lipstick?

As a general recommendation (and while it may not work for every individual), I highly recommend Josie Maran's Argan Love Your Lips lipstick in Happy Honey, sheer-ish rosy mauve.  I've found this to be a slightly adjusting lip tone that is nude looking.

I'm Asian with yellow undertones too and my lips are a similar colour to yours.

Here are some of my favourite nudes that I love to wear without looking washed out:

(Pictures are not my own, they are from various blogs)

Tom Ford Sable Smoke:

Tom Ford Sable Smoke LS.jpg

Tom ford Pink Dusk:

Tom Ford Lip Color Pink Dusk Trio.jpg

Tom Ford Spanish Pink:

IMG_5241.JPG

Nars Sex Machine (matte)

NARS-Sex-Machine.jpg

YSL glossy stain # 27 peche cerra cola

21-1.jpg

Tom Ford Pink Dune Lip Colour Sheer:

Tom-Ford-Pink-Dune-k.jpg

Tom Ford In the Buff Lip Colour Sheer:

Tom-Ford-In-the-Buff-K.jpg YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #8, 9, 11

Swatches 1.jpg

YSL Volupte Gloss 202 (no shimmer )

Unknown.jpegYSL Volupte Gloss 203, 204.(no shimmer in either of these)

Unknown-1.jpeg

YSL Sheer Candy #2 Dewy Papaya:

Dewy-Papaya.jpg

Hi! I'm also Asian with almost the same type of complexion as yours...and my favorite nude lipstick right now is actually a drugstore kind: its the Loreal Color Privee Collection in Jennifer's (JLo's) Nude. It's a collection made in collaboration with some celebrities and actually includes a lipstick matching Chinese actress Fan BingBing's coloring, but unfortunately they are not releasing that shade in North America! Grrrr...

But anyway, Jennifer's Nude (based on Jennifer Lopez) is a really flattering nude on me. Not too light and not leaning too yellow-pink or blue-pink, so it's the perfect neutral nude for fair-medium skintones. Plus it's just $5.99 at Target, lol! I think it would look really great on you!

Below are swatches of the colors in the Color Privee collection (nudes for different skintones) via Musings of a Muse blog:

Left to Right: Frieda's Nude (nice, but leaning a little too mauvy on me), Jennifer's Nude (perfect nude on me), Doutzen's Nude (too light on me)

colorprivee2.jpg

Left to Right: Eva's Nude (too warm on me), Julianne's Nude (pretty, but not really a nude...it's very pink), Liya's Nude (too dark on me) 

colorprivee1.jpg

(0) Hearts

Another pic of me Smiley Happy I'm planning to wear it to cheer camp in 10 days so any quick replies are appreciated Smiley Happy thanks! image.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
Photos15
  • Selfie 1.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Tom Ford Sable Smoke LS.jpg
  • Tom Ford Lip Color Pink Dusk Trio.jpg
  • IMG_5241.JPG
  • NARS-Sex-Machine.jpg
  • 21-1.jpg