lilmissmodel14

The perfect nude lipstick?

Hi guys! I'm here looking for the perfect nude lipstick :smileyhappy: Nothing that will wash me out/look weird or overly drying. Show me your faves and what you think will work for me. Fairly light skin tone, yellow undertones, Asian. Thank you all so much! <3

Selfie 1.jpg

MoreGun89

Re: The perfect nude lipstick?

As a general recommendation (and while it may not work for every individual), I highly recommend Josie Maran's Argan Love Your Lips lipstick in Happy Honey, sheer-ish rosy mauve.  I've found this to be a slightly adjusting lip tone that is nude looking.

KateLovesYSL

I'm Asian with yellow undertones too and my lips are a similar colour to yours.

Here are some of my favourite nudes that I love to wear without looking washed out:

(Pictures are not my own, they are from various blogs)

Tom Ford Sable Smoke:

Tom Ford Sable Smoke LS.jpg

Tom ford Pink Dusk:

Tom Ford Lip Color Pink Dusk Trio.jpg

Tom Ford Spanish Pink:

IMG_5241.JPG

Nars Sex Machine (matte)

NARS-Sex-Machine.jpg

YSL glossy stain # 27 peche cerra cola

21-1.jpg

Tom Ford Pink Dune Lip Colour Sheer:

Tom-Ford-Pink-Dune-k.jpg

Tom Ford In the Buff Lip Colour Sheer:

Tom-Ford-In-the-Buff-K.jpg YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #8, 9, 11

Swatches 1.jpg

YSL Volupte Gloss 202 (no shimmer )

Unknown.jpegYSL Volupte Gloss 203, 204.(no shimmer in either of these)

Unknown-1.jpeg

YSL Sheer Candy #2 Dewy Papaya:

Dewy-Papaya.jpg

Shrewdle

Hi! I'm also Asian with almost the same type of complexion as yours...and my favorite nude lipstick right now is actually a drugstore kind: its the Loreal Color Privee Collection in Jennifer's (JLo's) Nude. It's a collection made in collaboration with some celebrities and actually includes a lipstick matching Chinese actress Fan BingBing's coloring, but unfortunately they are not releasing that shade in North America! Grrrr...

But anyway, Jennifer's Nude (based on Jennifer Lopez) is a really flattering nude on me. Not too light and not leaning too yellow-pink or blue-pink, so it's the perfect neutral nude for fair-medium skintones. Plus it's just $5.99 at Target, lol! I think it would look really great on you!

Below are swatches of the colors in the Color Privee collection (nudes for different skintones) via Musings of a Muse blog:

Left to Right: Frieda's Nude (nice, but leaning a little too mauvy on me), Jennifer's Nude (perfect nude on me), Doutzen's Nude (too light on me)

colorprivee2.jpg

Left to Right: Eva's Nude (too warm on me), Julianne's Nude (pretty, but not really a nude...it's very pink), Liya's Nude (too dark on me) 

colorprivee1.jpg

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Another pic of me :smileyhappy: I'm planning to wear it to cheer camp in 10 days so any quick replies are appreciated :smileyhappy: thanks! image.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lilmissmodel14
    • MoreGun89
    • KateLovesYSL
    • Shrewdle
Photos15
  • Selfie 1.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Tom Ford Sable Smoke LS.jpg