cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

That's a super flattering shade on you ❤️

Anonymous Insider

That is a great MLBB on you! I keep thinking I need to check out Nudestix. 

Today I'm wearing Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Rose Gold with BB Tulle Brown Liner (savoring bc its gone). Nobody can mess with Bobbi's UnNude game! Typically love this gloss for a glowing tanned summer look but this works too.  Also for funsies I added a shot of my UnNude nails in OPI Just Lanai-ing Around.

Spoiler
IMG_3433.PNGIMG_3434.JPG

Love the lipstick and the nails!  @scarletb

Thanks!! @Tamara76 one of the few times I've done the gel nails and I love the color so I figured I had to show em off!

Tom Ford Evan also using new amethyst highlighter today barely viable on cheek bones  😄 

evan3.jpg

UD Revolution Manic lipstick. 

Screenshot_20170221-195141.jpg

Oh, hey! Loving your new avatar photo, @Anewxa !

The lippie is gorg, too! 🙂

Thank you @lyravega! It's sephora lip stain in always red 😊

Lol surprised that I said I had barely any nudes left, just found a bunch more! Heres Trendsetter by Huda Beauty! Dont mind the wild 80s hair 😉

IMG_0925.JPG

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that we will keep the challenge going through February so feel free to keep posting 🙂 

I blanked on posting last Wednesday so here's my delayed post! I'm wearing the BITE lip pencil in 020 with Touch In Sol's mettalist liquid foil gloss on top in Zaza. I wish the photo would do the sparkles justice!

UnNude_Day 8.jpg

You have a very beautiful smile @KatieBT I love your glasses and your lipstick. Good to know the contest is extended, I still have plenty of nude Un-nudes left 😉

Such great news! I've enjoyed this challenge so much and I still have so many lipsticks I still wanted to use.  

You look great in glasses too! I have been on the hunt for a new pair but can't seem to find any I love on me. I don't think I have the face for glasses, just the eyes.

@kso1225 yay I can't wait to see more looks from you! 

Thank you! I feel that way too so I just try on every pair at least three times until I can make a decision 🙂 

Yay that's Great! I have a few left that this challenge will push me to wear! 

Good news @KatieBT because I just finally looked into this and I'm interested in a challenge 🙂  Thinking about what works in my collection and looked through the post and  buying guide a bit for some inspo on "UnNudes" ... I get why a high shine metallic rose gold counts as an ... or a brown... or light pink... but how bold does the spectrum go? Or how pink is too pink?  Sephora Tempation looks pretty red to me....but I've also argued color with an artist ;D

@scarletb it's a bit confusing. The UnNude shades are pretty neutral but can still be "bold" on certain skin tones, it really depends! UnNude doesn't include super bright colors like reds, blues, hot pinks, neons, etc. I would say these include the typical nudes as well as anything with a bit of brown or beige in the shade. I hope I didn't just confuse you more 😉 

Wonderful news @KatieBT. Ive got plenty more but I better head to Sephora just in case 😉

Btw, love your glasses. 🙂

@trishavt haha I know that feeling and thank you 🙂 

@KatieBT Lol, I barely had enough nudes to cover the entirety of the challenge, so now trying to go until the end of the month may be tough for me, but I will scrounge up some nudes as I'm 100% sure there are some more hiding in my collection!

PS how do you find the bite lip pencils to be in terms of how long they last on the lips? I want to grab one or two but am hoping they're quite resilient! 

@sabrinas I hope you can scrounge up a few more, I've been loving your posts so far! I've seen a lot of mixing so that's always an option as well.

I'd say these last a few hours on their own so you'd want to reapply throughout the day if you're constantly eating and drinking like me. I like to wear this on it's own and don't mind reapplying since it's such a comfortable formula. 

11 Replies
testing