cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

Haha, same here, @sabrinas ! I had barely enough "MyNudes" to cover the original timing. But, just like you, I think there are some hidden ones in my collection... So, I'll "just" have to do a major inventory asap and see what can I come up with! 😄

Are we still doing this? Then, here's what I'm wearing today...

Marc Jacobs KKBB

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (200x100).jpg

Sure, why not?! 

That color is beautiful @lyravega!

i only just saw the dates....i figured it went to the end of the month ! i don't see why not ? 

looooove kkbb

my favorite "unnude", only tied with STILA patina. this is NARS moon matte lipstick in 'indecent proposal'

unnudeproposal.jpg

Nice!  Love the whole grunge rocker chick look!

Love this shade on you@jemly!

Yay i'm so happy this thread is still going! Todays lip is yet again another from the UD sampler! It is Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Amulet. It's been awesome to see someone post with the liquid lipstick version of this shade, I was so curious to see how closely UD matched the liquid lipsticks to the original Vice shades!

Edit: This shade is described as Metallic Brick Rose

20170221_002542.jpg

@EmmyLove This is probably my fave lipstick youve worn! It's such a pretty and unique color!  Im going to go try my liquid lip version of this later today!

Is this truly the end of the road?

What a bummer, although, I'll be happy to start wearing all of my brightly coloured lipsticks.

I enjoyed this challenge a lot and loved all the different looks and reading through everybody's comments.

Also, thank you for all of the kind words.

NARS Brigitte from Saturday - my first audacious diva.  I'm at the "S" of NARS and will be finished with it soon. I'll repurchase.

20170218_105154-1.jpeg

and Besame Dusty Rose, from a lovely BT friend

20170220_110037-1.jpeg20170220_140247-1.jpegThis was what I had hoped NARS Anna would be on me, I love the Besame formula/line and wish Sephora carried more of everything they offered.

@EvangelineDamonOMG that Besame color is everything! I just ran and put it in my cart! lol I looks so pretty on you!

@EvangelineDamon that besame lipstick looks divine on you! 

holy gorgeous @EvangelineDamon!! dusty rose is SO pretty! i need this!

@EvangelineDamon,  Those colors are beautiful!  🙂

@EvangelineDamon I am in love with both of these colours!!! I own the Audacious in Anita. I originally wanted Brigette, but was afraid it would be too light an wash me out. After seeing it on you, it looks way more pink than beige and absolutely gorgeous!! Another to add on the list that has been rapidly growing since this thread started!

and i friggin LOVE the Besame shade on you!!!! Its so beautiful, and judging by your pic, it looks like such a nice, moisturizing, creamy formula! I hadn't heard anything about their lipsticks until you posted this so thank you!!

Tom Ford Bradley bradly2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

That's lovely! It goes so well with your green eyes!

This really does wear beautifully on you!

@moxiepancakes this is so gorgeous! I freaking love you in the peachy/browny nudes, they just go so beautifully with your skin tone and your gorgeous eyes!!!! I love the cream finish of this lips colour too, it makes it look so fresh and pretty

Elegant as always! Fabulous nude 😉

This is a great color on you @moxiepancakes! How do you like the formula of this lipstick? I had Bradley on my loves list for a while but ended up buying Evan instead.

5 Replies
testing