cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

I have Evan too, I prefer the matte formula for wear time but Bradley is such a pretty easy to wear peachy nude. 

Ha, my first and last unnude lip posting. I'm wearing the new Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip in Bronze 'n' Brains. Definitely feels more like a gloss. It's a bit sticky, but worth it for the color for me. It looks more red in this photo than it is in person.

_20170220_025425.JPG

What a gorgeous dark metallic color! This is such a fun play on the traditional nude @snoflakefaerie. You look wonderful 🙂 

It really is gorgeous! Thank you!

@snoflakefaerie That color is so beautiful on you!  And I adore your haircolor!  ❤️

@Tamara76 Thank you. I was so pleased when my hair color just faded to this. I was in a Sephora the other day when someone complimented me and wanted to know what color I used to get the "rose gold." I felt so bad admitting it was just super faded Wild Orchid!

My last lipstick of the challenge is Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Jilted, a bright fuchsia with purple micro-shimmers throughout it

20170220_012431.jpg

You look beautiful in jilted @EmmyLove Your application is so precise !

@fatimamummy Thank-you so much!! This challenge has given me the opportunity to embrace more colourful lipsticks and has helped me become better at application! I don't own any lipliner (awful I know, iI definitely experienced some bleeding throughout the day, especially with the reds and fuschias!) So I had to become super handy with a lip brush!!!

@EmmyLove I love that you've shared so many of the UD lipsticks with us. I haven't tried any of them but seeing so many pretty shades - I really need to get on it!  

@kso1225 Honestly, that UD lipstick sampler opened so many doors for me! I never wore any colour on my lips other than nude or maybe rosy shades, and i've been in such a makeup funk and just not wearing any. Then I saw this challenge and decided to make use of the sampler and Ive realized I like so many other colours and that even just throwing on one product can made such a difference! So I want to thank all of you for giving me a safe area to play with colour and embrace makeup again. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the UD Vice colours, honestly I really love the formula of all the finishes except some of the sheer ones, I definitely recommend checking some out!

@EmmyLove You have shared such a fun diverse range of colors with us! This one in particular caught my eye. It has a bit of an ombre effect in the middle...that or my eyes are deceiving me? Either way you look beautiful! 🙂

@trishavt Thank -you:) Honestly all the ones that have any shimmer, metallic or pearl throughout give an ombre effect in person/on camera! I think it looks even more so because the middle of the lips catches the light more, making the purple shimmer more exaggerated so it appears even more of a different colour than the outer portion. Its ombre without the effort ahaha, my kind of makeup!!!

@EmmyLove  Wow!  I only dream of wearing lipstick as well as you!  You literally look amazing in every color you post! ❤️

@Tamara76 thank you so much, wearing actual colour on my lips is new for me, I love being able to throw only one product on and have it make such a difference! Also, Im sure you are freakin beautiful in anything you wear!!!

@EmmyLove You are so sweet!  😘

IMG_20170220_005236_058.jpg

One more look to end the challenge: YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Le Nu. I thought this color would wash me out when I swatched it awhile ago but I ended up getting the holiday set this year and fell in love with this shade. It's just pink enough and just deep enough to work well with any look on me. I can't believe it took me so long to add it to my collection.

This challenge has been so much fun for me. I've been able to try out some new products and rediscover old favorites. But by far my favorite part has been seeing so many BTers join in on the fun!

This lipstick is on my love list for the longest time. I always forget to swatch it when I go to a store. It looks prfect on you and your smokey eye look compliments this lip colour @kso1225

@kso1225 That is also one of my favorite lipsticks as well. Its such a beautiful color and compliments you so well! You look beautiful! 🙂

YSL really knows how to make a quality lipstick that is pigmented and moisturizing. Btw, I love the rest of your makeup, especially the smokey eye! 🙂

@kso1225 Beautiful!  I love how Le Nu pulls pink/rose on you!  It is much more nude on me.

Maybelline Touch of spice for the final day.

Screenshot_20170220-000344.jpg

9 Replies
testing