cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

It's a very pretty peachy nude on you @Anewxa

This is such lovely shade on you @Anewxa! 🙂 

Thanks @trishavt @fatimamummy!

Hey everyone! Today is the last day of the challenge and it's been so nice to share looks and see everyone's looks. I got a lot of inspiration from many of your looks and have added several items to my loves list 😉

My last look is a mix of colors: NARS Dolce Vita, NARS Raquel and NudeStix in the shade Flesh. I really like resulting nude-pink color.

LipChallenge.png

This colour combo is so pretty. I love your whole look but  your hair do is my favourite in this look. You look effortlessly glamorous @trishavt

Wow! Your custom color is stunning on you, @trishavt !

Stunning! I love this look on you!  And three lipsticks for a custom color - I like your style 😉 

I agree!  @kso1225

That is some seriously artistic lipstick blending and the end result is perfect on you!   @trishavt

Last day - squeaking in under the wire! This is NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie, which is allegedly a "warm coral red creme." It's basically a reddish MLBB on me though, so despite the "red" I'm counting this as "UnNude."

FullSizeRender (54).jpg

I love this red on you @JazaChai I think I need to check this colour, it is so pretty non-red red.

@JazaChai somehow this color flew under my radar, but this is SO my type of shade. it's gorgeous on you!

You look amazing @JazaChai! This  warm red is really flattering on you 🙂  

I've swatched this a few times and considered picking it up but always talked myself out of it. I think I need to go back and get it now.  It looks perfect on you!

Omg this shot straight to the top of my need list. This is absolutely gorgeous on you!!

@JazaChai - That is a really pretty color on you!  I think I will swatch this one the next time I'm at Sephora.

Oh, hey! Look what I found! One more UnBoring lippie! 😄 Right on time!

KVD liquid Lolita 2

1.jpg

It is one of my favourite on the run lipsticks 💄 

@lyravega Very beautiful 🙂

What lip liner did you use for this look? 

Thank you, @trishavt . I used MAC Soar.

Hey guys, everyone looks so amazing in this thread. I wish I had been able to participate in this challenge a little bit better, but the top of my lip became really raw a few days into the challenge and my lips wouldn't tolerate any lip products on top of it 😞

Anyway, I want to give a big congratulations to everyone who participated! 🙂

I feel the same way! My lips have been dry and peeling for (what seems like) forever. I haven't touched lipstick in at least a couple weeks. 😞 But thanks to this thread, I've got about 100 new lipstick shades on my wishlist. 

6 Replies
testing