cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

Stila Baci is one of those lipsticks that I can't make work on me. Today I mixed some MAC bronze glitter pigment in it. On the mixing tray it looked like glitter is vanished in lipstick but when applied, it gave just the right amount of sparkle I wanted. It did make lipstick a bit more dry so next time I will mix a drop of clear vinyle gloss in it and see how it goes.

Spoiler
Couldn't succeed to take a solo selfie so here it is with my 👩‍👧
IMG_5613.JPG

A closeup of my lipstick mix
IMG_5615.JPG

@Tamara76  @trishavt Thank you 😊 

@fatimamummy You and your daughter look so beautiful and happy! This is my favorite look you've shared with us 🙂 

@fatimamummy

You've created a beautiful shade!  Your mini me is lovely - you both have the same amazing smile! ❤️

Thank you 😊 @jesscheems @EmmyLove !

Awe! Your daughter looks like you!! Both beautiful. That lip combo looks amazing on you!

@fatimamummy I love the colour you created! The pigment added such a beautiful sheen. Also, just want to say that I love this picture, you both look so radiant and happy and beautiful!!

you're both so lovely!!!! salam allaikum to you both!!! :):):)

wallaikum Salam @smeegle 🙂 Thank you.

Annnd for the final day of the challenge: Touch in sol metallic liquid lipstick in penny wuth the matching gloss on top.

IMG_0888.JPG

I think I managed to participate allllmost every day (I missed the first day or two, and also last Saturday) but otherwise I think I was on top of this challenge!!

Givenchy Rouge Interdit in Boyish Rose. I figured this counts since Sephora's description of the color is "brownish red." 

IMG_1840.JPG

Ulta is now carrying NudeStix, including the color Whisper.  You, too, can have that corps-like lip look that @trishavt and I have worn.  😄

NUDESTIX Cream Lip + Cheek Pencil _ Ulta Beauty.jpg

@Titian06 I actually really really want this lol!! I need a corpse-like nude and this might be the perfect one for me!

my loves list is growing at an alarming rate thanks to this thread 😛

Too Faced La Matte Color Drenched Matte Lipstick in "Sorry, Not Sorry" with Mac's Lip Pencil in "Rosy Rim" 

1.jpg

Todays lip is Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Manic, a rosy wine shade with pearly shimmers throughout it. Also, as a result of this sampler I have purchased far too many of these shades. I am ashamed to say I fell into the marketing tactics!!!!

Also, I felt fancy today and actually applied concealer to my chin zits. Please tell me how even the lightest shade of Tarte Shape Tape oxidizes too orange on me? Instead of porcelain maybe they can start making their lightest shades translucent? I dont know!

20170219_001853.jpg

@EmmyLove  this color is so pretty on you! i do love the glossy finish of the revolution lipsticks- i have several too 🙂

and your skin looks nice! no hint of orange that i can see.

@unfungirl thank you! I love the new shades that have a hint of pearl or metallic shades running through it, they can  look so glossy and lovely!

@EmmyLove - This is a great color on you!  Do you use a lipgloss on top or is this color that glossy?  I have Manic in the Revolution formula.

Also, I think you look awesome in this picture!  I don't notice orange anywhere on you.  Is this something you notice because you're looking for it?  (Meaning we're more critical of ourselves than others are of us.)

@Titian06 no lipgloss on top, I find the shades that have some pearl running through them can look quite glossy if you build them up to opaque coverage

Thank you, yes definitely most critical of myself! I can see the little dot on the bottom because i'm looking for it, but its definitely for orange in person. I'm sure half the stuff I look at and think everyone can see are things no one else even notices

UD Nonsense (nocturnal collection). I tried this on at UD store so it is an after dinner pic and bit worn off. I think I will be placing an order for this one.

Screenshot_20170218-235733.jpg

8 Replies
testing