cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

one of my faves @lyravega! so pretty on you!

Beautiful! Adding this color to my buy list! 🙂

Here's one I'd sort of forgotten about — but every time I wear it I remember how much I like the color. Shiseido Lacquer Rouge RD 305. And... my glasses, which you guys pretty much never see. 😉

Unnude3.JPG

lovely lipstick (the whole look, actually). Love the specs.

Thank you lovely @DiVWA!

Day 12:  Marc Jacobs lip Poutliner Longwear Lip Liner – Prim(rose) & NudeStix Lip + Cheek Pencil – Whisper

I used the same lip liner as yesterday over my entire lip, then used Whisper on top.  This color looks much more gray on me than in this swatch.  If I don't use the lip liner underneath, I look like I have corps lips.  At least with the lip liner, it warms the color up and I don't look quite dead.  (Although a lot of people were looking at me at the grocery store this morning, so maybe not...)

BTW, this is the only lip liner I have that isn't clear.  I think both the lip liner and lip pencil came in a Sephore Give Me Some Lip kit (along with yesterday's lipstick).

Not my swatches.

I love the MJ prim(rose) + Whisper combo! I wish MJ (or any other company) would create Primrose in a lipstick form. I'd stock up for years and never buy another lipstick LOL 

BITE fig ! i see it as a MLBB with an added pink punch. very brightening but not too overt, if that makes sense.

it's probably open to interpretation if this falls into a 'nude' category. in my head/through my eyes i often find pinks to serve a similar purpose as more browny or peach / traditional nude tones. i actually think this would be a fun discussion to have !

figunnude.jpg

@jemly sooo I definitely just purchased this based on your pic!!! And dangit I just love your glasses so darn much!!! and your puppy...I feel like this is a sassy photo of the two of you

fabulousss.jpg

jemly, your glasses are so cute!  Can I ask where you got them or what brand they are?  Thanks!

hi @leannemm ! they're warby parker 🙂

Stila Patina from the JCP lip kit box 

patina2.jpg

one of my favorite parts of this challenge is seeing how different certain shades look on different people. 😄 you look lovely! @moxiepancakes

IMG_20170217_022440_647.jpg

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Creme in Fawn Over Me. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I hated it at first but it grew on me as I wore it. 

@kso1225 Gorgeous! The smokey eye look paired with the neutral lip is perfect! 

@kso1225 you remind me of the lip models who can rock any color and i'm over here as the consumer thinking "oh come on now .. how is that possible?!" 😄

@whitepolkydots  I wish!  But thank you! I think I'm getting a better idea of what works on me. Though there's still a lot of trial and error. I tried Bite Thistle the other day and it looked awful on me.  Same with both versions of Mauvember, and those were popular.

You look like a model in this picture @kso1225 it's a very pretty nude on you.

agreed! i love this on you @kso1225, and you look extra babely here!

Thank you both! @unfungirl @fatimamummy  I'm glad to have some positive feedback on this shade since I was on the fence about it.

Todays lip is Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Big Bang, a metallic purpley-pink shade. Somewhat sheer so it needs a few coats to show up as more than a metallic wash of colour.

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate the message on this awesome shirt

Spoiler
20170217_010315.jpg
I got this shirt from an organization called GEMS (Girls Educational & Mentoring Services) based in New York that provides amazing support, advocacy and services to girls ages 12-24 who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking. This place is amazing! The Canadian equivalent would be Covenant House in Toronto. Just want to say that I appreciate these organizations so much because sexual exploitation and trafficking is far more widespread than many realize or want to acknowledge. There can be life afterwards ❤️ I can speak from experience, both personal and among the youth I work with at the drop-in centre I work at. There will always be scars but it does not have to be the only thing that defines someone, but rather a chapter that makes up a larger, beautiful book with so much more to come. 

20170217_003052.jpg

testing